Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

quotes Eilish likes

“The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried.”

G.K. Chesterton

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Replies (51-60):
Thomigirl
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 7:21 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm still scratching my head at the foolish idea of grandparents finding '20 grand' to fork over willy-nilly.  And stop repeating '100 grand in debt'.  Sounds like you're trying to beat people over the head with bullshit.  Just sayin'

Redwall
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Wonderful...thank you.

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Quoting Tricornes:

57.4 trillion?  How did you arrive at that figure?  The debt is currently under 16 trillion, are you including something else like Medicare and SS liability?

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Quoting gludwig2000:

And that is totally your perogative. But I still believe that a man who will tie his family pet carrier on top of a moving vehicle is slighty............................ well, majorly off. Can you imagine how he must treat the maids? He isn't the guy for me, sorry, and I say no thanks. But this is why its so important that we all vote, right? So our voices can be heard.

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Quoting gludwig2000:

I'm sorry, but the way a man treats women, children and animals speaks towards his character. Romney's treatment of his dog spoke very loudly to me, because we are meant to look out for those who need us, and that includes animals. Just my opinion.

Quoting yourspecialkid:

OMG!  I can't believe someone would choose the candidate that has DOUBLED the debt over one that let the dog ride in a crate on the car.

So you would choose the man that would put your grandchildren $100,000. in debt.  Okay.  I still say no thanks.

We do vote to be heard.  Your voice is loud and clear...it is saying "I chose to cast my vote for someone that has no problem saddling my unborn grandchildren with 100 grand of debt."  "Hurray!"  ......just shaking my head.

We could cut spending and raise revenue on those making over a million a year and we could DECREASE the deficit- are you in, YSK?

Are your future grandchildren and this country WORTH IT?

Screw the deficit.  The real problem is the 57.4 trillion debt and the fact there is only 83.5 trillion in total assets (all companies, corps, govt & people).  Raising taxes on a small % of the population and cutting a little spending will do NOTHING to fix this problem.  EVERYONE is going to have to pay taxes, lose credits and big cuts are going to have to be made in spending.

^ courtesy of US Debt Clock http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I am actually not worried about my kids though.  We now have a home and a trust for each of them.  I will work till I drop dead if necessary to make sure the next couple of my generations survive the coming storm.

I got it from the link I provided.  That does NOT include our unfunded obligations..soc sec, medicare ect... that adds another 118 trillion dollars to the problem.  Go to the debt clock page.  If you hover over a heading it tells you what it includes.

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Quoting Thomigirl:

I'm still scratching my head at the foolish idea of grandparents finding '20 grand' to fork over willy-nilly.  And stop repeating '100 grand in debt'.  Sounds like you're trying to beat people over the head with bullshit.  Just sayin'

So, I should start to lie like Obama & Congress?  The 100 grand debt is what they have NOW.  Did you even go to the link I provided?  Are you that bad at math?  Let me help you..  your electric bill is $57....your rent is due in a month and it is $118....if you sell every single thing you own including the clothes on your back you will have $83.  Do you have enough money?  The short answer is no...the scary answer is these are TRILLIONS of dollars not tens of dollars.

workoutmom2b1g
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:45 PM

can of worms

workoutmom2b1g
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:49 PM

My Grandparents do not have $20.000 to BORROW to me or my cousins. 

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Quoting gludwig2000:

I'm sorry, but the way a man treats women, children and animals speaks towards his character. Romney's treatment of his dog spoke very loudly to me, because we are meant to look out for those who need us, and that includes animals. Just my opinion.

Quoting yourspecialkid:

OMG!  I can't believe someone would choose the candidate that has DOUBLED the debt over one that let the dog ride in a crate on the car.

So you would choose the man that would put your grandchildren $100,000. in debt.  Okay.  I still say no thanks.

One_Of_A_Kind
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Obama sucks! Romeny will have my vote :>)

TCgirlatheart
by TC on May. 1, 2012 at 9:58 PM

^^Shocking!

~I ain't happy but, I'm feeling glad I got sunshine, in a bag I'm useless, but not for long The future is coming on~

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:59 PM

So much more better then my reply............................................................................LOL

Quoting gludwig2000:

Thanks! If I hadn't seen this, I might have gone ahead and voted for President Obama again. Wait a minute, I still plan too. :-)

In my Opininon No Disrespect

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on May. 1, 2012 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

sidesplittinglaughter 

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

^^Shocking!

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN