Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit for bin Laden killing during election campaign

Posted by   + Show Post

SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit for bin Laden killing during election campaign

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Replies (61-70):
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on May. 2, 2012 at 5:05 AM
One is a soldier the other, well a community organizer.

Quoting shannonnigans:

LOL no, don't put words in my mouth. First, my grandfather flew in B17s over Germany in WWII, so I can definitely talk about family military service, though i find it to be irrelevant. As he would say, he did his duty. Second, I am not casting any aspersions on your father's service or his motivation or his mindset. For all I know he's the greatest soldier who's ever served. In fact, I feel pretty confident in guessing that he's got 100 times more integrity than W. W was placed into that unit because there was no possibility of seeing action. Theres a reason that was known as the "champagne squadron" within the Guard itself and where I take issue with you is that your original post implies that one is this brave soldier and one is a coward. That simply is not accurate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on May. 2, 2012 at 5:06 AM
History will properly credit him for the skyrocketing debt and not blame it on his predecessor.

Quoting rfurlongg:

Implying that one person would not have the made same call isn't the same thing as saying he is the ONLY one who would have made the call.

I am not a super O fan. However I find this debate as to whether or not he gets credit to be ridiculous. In history the event occurred in his term. Period. He has failed in plenty of ways that are worth debating, the semantics if who gets the credit is distracting from a debate about the struggling economy.
Quoting kailu1835:

He implies it when he implies that Romney would not have made the exact same call had he been president at the time.

Quoting rfurlongg:

Did Obama actually say or imply that he is the ONLY one who would have made the call?

Quoting kailu1835:

Nobody is saying he shouldn't take credit.  What they're saying, and I agree, is that he shouldn't act like he was the only one who would have made the call in his shoes.

Quoting glitterteaz:

The seals did this under Obama's command therefore yes he gets that credit. Get over it!  Bosses share the glory for their teams all the time. So dumb it is not even funny!  I wonder how many SEALS are going to get in trouble for this?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:12 AM
The pipeline bill is next, he loves to take credit for the work of others. I don't know how he stands the smell of his own BS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on May. 2, 2012 at 5:42 AM
3 moms liked this
I doubt the SEALS care much about your loss of respect for them. They'll somehow carry on.

Quoting Sweet_Britt:

Ummm...I dont see anywhere he's taking credit for the kill. He said he was the one to give the order....and he did.

And this makes me lose a LOT of respect for those Seals speaking out about him like this. I dont see him stating HE killed anyone, but HE gave the orders, after repeated fails from others and was pointing out Mitt stating he wouldn't have put those efforts into finding him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
artistmom889
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:09 AM
1 mom liked this

It's a requirement to be  a politician,

Quoting katy_kay08:

where have I seen someone using military acheivements for personal political gain...I know it will come to me...

...oh Yeah!

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2012 at 6:13 AM
1 mom liked this
One is the Commander in Chief

The President of the United States of America

"Leader of the free world"

A little more than a position he held in his 20's

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Quoting shannonnigans:

LOL no, don't put words in my mouth. First, my grandfather flew in B17s over Germany in WWII, so I can definitely talk about family military service, though i find it to be irrelevant. As he would say, he did his duty. Second, I am not casting any aspersions on your father's service or his motivation or his mindset. For all I know he's the greatest soldier who's ever served. In fact, I feel pretty confident in guessing that he's got 100 times more integrity than W. W was placed into that unit because there was no possibility of seeing action. Theres a reason that was known as the "champagne squadron" within the Guard itself and where I take issue with you is that your original post implies that one is this brave soldier and one is a coward. That simply is not accurate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on May. 2, 2012 at 6:20 AM
Lol.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

One is the Commander in Chief

The President of the United States of America

"Leader of the free world"

A little more than a position he held in his 20's

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Quoting shannonnigans:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tooptimistic
by Kelly on May. 2, 2012 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this
but if the president places blame on everyone and everything else, then maybe he should give credit where credit is due.

Quoting rfurlongg:

If the president (be it Bush, Clinton, Obama etc) gets all the blame for everything bad that happens during his term (even if it was out of his realm or control) it would seem to follow logic that he was gets credit for everything good that happens during his term.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tooptimistic
by Kelly on May. 2, 2012 at 8:11 AM
was he campaigning or endorsing Obama. he is an Obama supporter right?

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting kailu1835:

I think it's the "all-powerful" complex that has most people frustrated.  Anybody would have made the same call in his shoes.  Implying that anyone wouldn't, regardless of who the anyone is, is fairly ignorant and attention seeking.

Bob Gates disagrees- he said so- I heard it with my own ears last week.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
denise3680
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting gotnothinonme:

So presidents only get credit for the military actions they physically perform themselves? Only the bad things that occur under and administration count? Such hypocrites, one and all who simply can't acknowledge that like it or lump it this event DID occur during Obama's administration and even according to your own logic he should recieve credit, you've had no trouble up to know blaming him for the messes that were DECADES in the making, lol. completely irrational.

too bad I can  only like this one time:/ 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN