Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit for bin Laden killing during election campaign

Posted by   + Show Post

SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit for bin Laden killing during election campaign

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Replies (101-110):
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on May. 3, 2012 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this
You funny. You very funny.

Quoting BoysManDog:

Quoting shannonnigans:

Not so fast, that is a half truth and you know it.  He flew F102s during the Vietnam War, however, he did not fly IN the Vietnam War.  Quite the contrary, he was stateside, in the National Guard, in a squadron known as the "Champagne Squadron" because it was filled with others of an elite background who were placed there with one goal in mind - to avoid going to Vietnam.  He was every bit as consumed with not going over there as anyone else, if not moreso.  I don't think you'll find too many Vietnam vets who think much of GWs military service, so to speak.   

As far as making the call to go after UBL, he only bet his presidency on it, because you know as well as I do, had that thing failed, you would have made it his call and shoved it up his behind, blaming him every step of the way. 

See. GWB wanted to get bin Laden because he had killed so many of our people.    How disturbing that Obama, admittedly, did it to bolster his presidential creds fearing only that HE would have been "hurt" if things went wrong.

And if anything had gone wrong, Americans would have accepted it as a try; Obama, however would have blamed McRaven, and the CIA (CYA, actually) memo proves this. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BoysManDog
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 6:15 PM

It's funny 'cause it's true!  :0)

Quoting LauraKW:

You funny. You very funny.

Quoting BoysManDog:

Quoting shannonnigans:

Not so fast, that is a half truth and you know it.  He flew F102s during the Vietnam War, however, he did not fly IN the Vietnam War.  Quite the contrary, he was stateside, in the National Guard, in a squadron known as the "Champagne Squadron" because it was filled with others of an elite background who were placed there with one goal in mind - to avoid going to Vietnam.  He was every bit as consumed with not going over there as anyone else, if not moreso.  I don't think you'll find too many Vietnam vets who think much of GWs military service, so to speak.   

As far as making the call to go after UBL, he only bet his presidency on it, because you know as well as I do, had that thing failed, you would have made it his call and shoved it up his behind, blaming him every step of the way. 

See. GWB wanted to get bin Laden because he had killed so many of our people.    How disturbing that Obama, admittedly, did it to bolster his presidential creds fearing only that HE would have been "hurt" if things went wrong.

And if anything had gone wrong, Americans would have accepted it as a try; Obama, however, would have blamed McRaven, and the CIA (CYA, actually) memo proves this. 

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Quoting BoysManDog:

Quoting shannonnigans:

And if anything had gone wrong, Americans would have accepted it as a try; Obama, however would have blamed McRaven, and the CIA (CYA, actually) memo proves this. 

Good points. 

shannonnigans
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

So all of these drone strikes that have taken place in the past three years, those were all shrewd political moves, whereas with GWB, they were from the heart LOL.  I'm not sure why I'm even responding to that.  it's like when I try to reprimand my cat, and he just stares back at me with his blank face. 

Quoting BoysManDog:

Quoting shannonnigans:

shannonnigans
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Well, that's good, I guess.  Unfortunately, not everyone is similarly situated. 

Quoting EireLass:

Yes we are.

Quoting shannonnigans:

Elite as in rich bluebloods. Elite as in social standing. Elite as in generally speaking, these types often have the influence to keep their sons (and daughters) out of harm's way.

Redwall
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Obama really had nothing to do with this other than saying "Get him," did he? He really had no responsibility for it at all...Ask me if I'm surprised that he'd take credit for the Seals....

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:09 PM

This is a post I tried to get to before my Son's accident. Now I regret it. People who are perpetuating this are using it purely for spite. My Father, a Master Sargent in the ARMY,said many times in his life the president is the commander-in-chief, He is the boss of all Military Bosses. If I am not mistaken he appoints the Secretary of Defence and Sec Nav. Even if he didn't, he is their boss there for theirs(seals) as well. He as the President that made the call to move forward and Bin Laden's death are his triumphs. The SEALS don't seem to know that their true boss is the President of the UNITED STATES. Not even the one that sent them into war. But the one who made the right call, and had the seals and the rest of the military and intelligence community kill the one man all of our country feared. He owns this triumph, as the President during Vietnam owned that cluster fu@@. That's life, and military personnel should know better! BTW, insubordination is punishable in all branches of the Military!

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Whatever fence OBAMA supposedly sat on was weighing the safety of UNITED STATES armed forces and other personnel involved in killing or taking Bin Laden in or out. He made the call, no one else could without committing treason. And, it was reported way before people decided to have righteous idiot indignation for a President making decisions he is supposed to wrestle with! SMH!

Quoting katy_kay08:

LOL...if that is what you call what he did.  He was a half ass pilot in the air national guard during Viet Nam.  That certainly is not on par with being a pilot flying missions during Viet Nam.  

I would prefer a President not dress up as anything and not stand in front of a sign declaring "Mission Accomplished" when it is clear to the rest of the world that we were no where near finished with the work that needed to be done.  

Obama "sat on the fence" for two weeks, and Bush sat on it for 6 years.

Quoting EireLass:

You do know he was an F-102 pilot during the Vietnam War don't you?

So should we have a President dress up as he used to and enjoy it, or should we have a President who doesn't have the balls to join the military, but take glory in something he had nothing to do with. He did not call for BinLaden to be killed. He sat on the fence about it for 2 weeks and DEVGRU took it upon themselves to do it. Without the Pres okay. :o)

Quoting _Kissy_:

awe Georgie got to play with big jet. that whole thing was an embarassment..
Quoting katy_kay08:

where have I seen someone using military acheivements for personal political gain...I know it will come to me......oh Yeah!

In my Opininon No Disrespect

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:27 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting LuvmyAiden:

Our military spent YEARS hunting this man before Obama even ran for president. Thier accomplishment was the result of those years and all that intel. So he gave the order, so what? SOLDIERS did this. NOT the man who sits in office trying to figure out how to best strip us of our rights. He has NO right to use thier effort, blood ,sweat, tears and sacrifices  or accomplishments in his campaign!

In my Opininon No Disrespect

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:38 PM

No one is saying Obama doesn't deserve credit.  What people are saying is as POTUS it's very un-presidential for Obama to credit himself. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured