Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit for bin Laden killing during election campaign

Posted by   + Show Post

SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit for bin Laden killing during election campaign

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Replies (31-40):
rocketracer
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Quoting shannonnigans:

My beloved 49ers were so good that you sometimes wonder if they would have won with or without Bill Walsh. Nevertheless, Bill Walsh is acknowledged as a football genius. When you're the head coach, you get the credit. The commander in chief is the head coach. He gets the credit. Reagan took credit for freeing Grenada; I'd say this was a bigger deal.

Credit for the good things and the bad things, right?

Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 1, 2012 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Bob Gates himself gives Obama props for this gutsy call- I was at a conference last week where he was a guest speaker and he said just that-

No, even Gates said that not all POTUS would have made that same call based on the accuracy of the info received (about a 55% clip per Gates.)

BoysManDog
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:13 PM
6 moms liked this

Obama gets the credit for approving the operation.  That's it because that is all he did. 

He made no "gutsy call."  He was presented with a risk profile, and he agreed to only that profile.  ANY mistake would have been blamed on McRaven who had C2, not Obama.  He sat in a room and watched something he did not plan, something he had NO control over, something that he had nothing to do with apart from -  after apparently polling people about what he should do -- saying OK. Military leaders do not ask people what they should do;  they tell people. 

Now, if you want to see the difference between a president giving credit where it is due and a president taking credit, read GWB's annoucement on the capture of Hussein as compared to Obama's homage to himself on the SEALs killing of bin Laden.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 1, 2012 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting BoysManDog:

Obama gets the credit for approving the operation.  That's it because that is all he did. 

He made no "gutsy call."  He was presented with a risk profile, and he agreed to only that profile.  ANY mistake would have been blamed on McRaven who had C2, not Obama.  He sat in a room and watched something he did not plan, something he had NO control over, something that he had nothing to do with apart from -  after apparently polling people about what he should do -- saying OK. Military leaders do not ask people what they should do;  they tell people. 

Now, if you want to see the difference between a president giving credit where it is due and a president taking credit, read GWB's annoucement on the capture of Hussein as compared to Obama's homage to himself on the SEALs killing of bin Laden.

LOL- I'LL take former SOD's words and opinions (he was in the room when the death was announced) over yours- He called it gutsy. His word is good enough for me-

ETA- Obama, as CiC gets credit- he'll be in the history books- pull the bunch out and move on-

rfurlongg
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Did Obama actually say or imply that he is the ONLY one who would have made the call?

Quoting kailu1835:

Nobody is saying he shouldn't take credit.  What they're saying, and I agree, is that he shouldn't act like he was the only one who would have made the call in his shoes.

Quoting glitterteaz:

The seals did this under Obama's command therefore yes he gets that credit. Get over it!  Bosses share the glory for their teams all the time. So dumb it is not even funny!  I wonder how many SEALS are going to get in trouble for this?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onethentwins
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 6:17 PM
3 moms liked this

I hardly see "SEALS" slamming The President. One or two guys are reported by "The Daily Mail", owned by Rupert Murdock that also owns The Fox News channel, as being critical. Whoopie Doo.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 6:17 PM

He implies it when he implies that Romney would not have made the exact same call had he been president at the time.

Quoting rfurlongg:

Did Obama actually say or imply that he is the ONLY one who would have made the call?

Quoting kailu1835:

Nobody is saying he shouldn't take credit.  What they're saying, and I agree, is that he shouldn't act like he was the only one who would have made the call in his shoes.

Quoting glitterteaz:

The seals did this under Obama's command therefore yes he gets that credit. Get over it!  Bosses share the glory for their teams all the time. So dumb it is not even funny!  I wonder how many SEALS are going to get in trouble for this?

babiesbabybaby development

Sweet_Britt
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Ummm...I dont see anywhere he's taking credit for the kill. He said he was the one to give the order....and he did.

And this makes me lose a LOT of respect for those Seals speaking out about him like this. I dont see him stating HE killed anyone, but HE gave the orders, after repeated fails from others and was pointing out Mitt stating he wouldn't have put those efforts into finding him.

NCmommie1012
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Exactly!!!

Quoting glitterteaz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

No he didn't kailu just takes pride in being a know it all on all topics when she doesn't know it all

Quoting rfurlongg:

Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN