Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I need help with understanding relatives

Posted by   + Show Post

Alright so bear with me because it could be confusing

If a person is related to another person by marriage and the tie that connects these people passes away are they still related? I mean it seems if the connection was severed through a divorce that the relations end right? 

I realize people can claim each other regardless.

An example: If the one of the parents in the Brady Bunch were to die would the children still be related. Likewise if they were to divorce would they still be related.

I had the issue in my personal life but never really gave it much thought until the situation came up in something I was writing.

Everyone is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will think it is stupid.
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:20 AM
Replies (31-31):
stormcris
by Christy on May. 1, 2012 at 9:17 PM

It's an interesting concept we have not acknowledged each other since the funeral. However, retelling events from childhood especially to my children have made for awkward situations explaining things. 

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

I would. But more importantly, how do you view them sans opinion?

Quoting stormcris:

Quoting futureshock:

What difference does it make in the real world?  Is there a real life example?

OK real life example...

My grandfather married a second wife after the death of his first wife he and his second wife adopted me she had two sons by her first marriage but they were grown. She died...would the general society view those two sons and their families as still related to me after her death or not.

Fear of serious injury alone cannot justify oppression of free speech and assembly. Men feared witches and burnt women. It is the function of speech to free men from the bondage of irrational fears.
Louis D. Brandeis
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)