Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Fun-Loving Hillary Clinton Strikes Again With Hilarious Jason Segel Rejection Letter - Would you like to see her in movies or TV?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:29 PM
  • 4 Replies

Fun-Loving Hillary Clinton Strikes Again With Hilarious Jason Segel Rejection Letter

Posted by Maressa Brown on May 1, 2012

hillary clintonFive-Year Engagement writer-actor Jason Segel may be dating Michelle Williams, but it sounds like his heart also beats for another lady: Madam Secretary of State Hillary Clinton! He's mentioned more than once that he'd love to work with her in an entertainment capacity. He told Us Weekly two months back that he thought Hillz has a knack for comedy and that he always says the mysterious mother on How I Met Your Mother would totally be Mrs. Clinton. Ha!

Well, it sounds like in between texting and dancing in Colombia, Hillary heard about Segel's "crush" on her and decided to pen him a letter about the future of their working relationship ... Segel shared it with Jimmy Fallon last week, and just like her own submission to the viral sensation Texts from Hillary before it, it's PURE GOLD.

According to Politico, the letter read:

Dear Mr. Segel,

I was delighted to read about your interest in sharing the big screen with me. As you can imagine, I am a little occupied at the moment, but perhaps someday I can help you forget Sarah Marshall ... again. My only condition is that there be Muppets involved, and that is non-negotiable. In the meantime, you have my best wishes for continued success with your career.

With best regards, I am

Sincerely Yours,

Hillary Clinton

CLASSIC! And totally not a joke. She really did write Segel this note. Love it! What a great glimpse at "fun Hillary." I personally always felt she's incredibly witty and personable, but there are definitely those out there who are intimidated by her or think she's generally standoffish. Clearly, that is not so! She definitely has a laid-back, lighthearted side -- which, luckily, we've been getting to see more and more lately.

What's more, her little exchange with Segel is a sweet preview of what a post-political Hillary Clinton career might look like maybe 10-20 years down the road! She could easily make hilarious cameos in Judd Apatow flicks or make like Betty White on late night TV. I totally see it! She'd be a hit! OMG, I can't wait. Segel better get to penning that Hillary + Muppets screenplay STAT.

How funny is this letter? Would you like to see Hillary in movies or TV once she's done with politics?

by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 6:33 PM

That's so funny :D  I love the part about muppets.

trz031407
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:35 PM
I think that's great. A real person there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I like her. I really do.

andiemomo3
by Andie on May. 2, 2012 at 7:01 AM
I do like this woman. Very interesting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN