Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are Mexicans giving up on the US?

Posted by   + Show Post

03:08 PM ET

Zakaria: Are Mexicans giving up on U.S?

Editor's Note: Tune in Sunday at 10a.m. or 1p.m. ET for Fareed Zakaria GPS on CNN.

By Fareed Zakaria, CNN

This past week, the Supreme Court deliberated over a controversial Arizona immigration law. It comes amidst a climate of hostility. Just look at what candidates said during the Republican primaries:

"Mitt Romney will complete construction of a high-tech fence," the candidate announced on his campaign website. Michele Bachmann promised to "build a double-walled fence." And Herman Cain said: "We're going to have a fence; it's going to be 20 feet high; it's going to have barbed wire on the top."

The fence in question guards a third of America's 2,000 mile-long border with Mexico. Supporters of harsher laws argue that 3 out of every 5 illegal immigrants are from Mexico. But just as American hostility is reaching a crescendo, the problem might be disappearing.

I was struck by a Pew report I saw this week. It says a historic pattern of migration has been reversed. Comparing two recent five-year blocks, the report finds that not only has the number of Mexicans immigrating to the U.S. declined by 50 percent (from 3 million to about 1.4 million), the number of Mexicans going the other way back home has doubled. Seven hundred thousand Mexicans in the U.S. moved back between 1995 and 2000. But that number increased to 1.4 million between 2005 and 2010.

The decline in illegal immigrants is no surprise. Even President Obama has spent more on immigration enforcement than his predecessor. What is surprising however, is the drop in net legal migration.

This has several explanations. The U.S. economy is weaker. On the other hand, Mexico's economy is strengthening. Its GDP per capita is 15,000 dollars - about a third that of America's.

Some of Mexico's competitiveness is due to NAFTA - the North American Free Trade Agreement. Because it avoids U.S. tariffs, its exports work out to be cheaper than China's. Last year, Mexico did 400 billion dollars worth of business with the U.S. That's more than Argentina and Brazil combined.

But whatever the set of reasons behind the Pew findings, immigration is always determined by both pull-and-push - the need to leave a place is as crucial as the lure of a new destination.

So, are we losing our allure?

If that's the case, that's not good news. The U.S. has always benefitted from being demographically dynamic. A major advantage we have over Japan, Europe, and even China is that our population will continue to expand. And it's been expanding with young people who are hard-working and full of drive and pay lots of taxes.

Look at the data: The median age in the U.S. was about 37 years in 2010. China's was lower at 34 years. But come 2050, that dynamic will be reversed, thanks to decades of Beijing's one-child policy and American immigration. The median age here will be 40 but in China it will hit nearly 49 years.

An aging country creates a deficit of workers and a surplus of retirees who spend. Our demographic advantage holds true against a number of countries. We're projected to be better off demographically than France, the UK, Korea, Spain, and, of course, Japan.

This demographic advantage is entirely due to immigration. The United States has a fertility rate not so different from European countries, so our population gains (and these are gains in young people) come entirely from immigration.

The Pew Study shows we've clamped down on illegal immigration. But it also shows that Mexicans don't want to come here as much legally as they did before. So it is actually a mixed picture.

In trying to one-up each other on building bigger and higher fences, demonizing illegals, and hoping that they self-deport, we seem to have forgotten that it is the spirit of acceptance and hospitality that has made America so attractive to legal immigrants for centuries. Let's hope we can stay that way.

Tune in Sunday at 10a.m. or 1p.m. ET for Fareed Zakaria GPS on CNN.

tz.fareed.zakaria
Post by:

Topics: Immigration • Mexico • Politics • United States

by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Replies (21-30):
stormcris
by Christy on May. 2, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Meow are you having a bad morning those are not blogs or journalism ramblings. 

Show me where you are getting this figure from because here is one place I am getting mine from 

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-04-23/news/31388379_1_illegal-immigrants-mexican-immigrants-tough-immigration-law

This was on MSNBC: 

A new study released Tuesday finds the number of illegal immigrants living in the U.S. last year was roughly 11.2 million, a number virtually unchanged from 2009. In that year, the level of illegal immigration declined for the first time in two decades, dropping 8 percent from 2007, as a sour economy and stepped-up border enforcement made it harder or less desirable for undocumented workers to enter from Mexico.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41371038/ns/us_news-life/t/number-illegal-immigrants-holds-steady-us/#.T6FHULNYs85

This one from Arizona

The report by the Pew Hispanic Center, a nonpartisan, non-profit research center in Washington, D.C., analyzed a variety of census data from the United States and Mexico. It found that the number of Mexicans living in the U.S. fell from 12.9 million in 2009 to 12 million in 2011.

The number of undocumented immigrants from Mexico also fell markedly, from a peak of 7 million in 2007 to 6.1 million in 2011, said the report, which was released Monday.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/2012/04/23/20120423illegal-immgrant-population-study-mexico-united-states.html#ixzz1tivYjUFM

This from CBS in Sacremento:

WASHINGTON (AP) — A new study shows the number of Mexican immigrants living illegally in the U.S. has dropped significantly for the first time in decades. The figures represent a dramatic shift as many illegal workers, already in the U.S. and seeing few job opportunities, are returning to Mexico.

The analysis of census data from the U.S. and Mexican governments finds that roughly 6.1 million unauthorized Mexican immigrants were living in the U.S. last year. That’s down from a peak of nearly 7 million in 2007.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/04/23/number-of-us-illegal-immigrants-from-mexico-drops/

Quoting iluv2meow:

Im going to call bullshit. There are more than 12 million illegal mexicans in the USA (b3etween legal an dillegal) that number is way to fucking light to be real. Im surprised you actually believe that number.

Sorry i don't buy your so called numbers/facts below I know it isnt CORRECT.

Secondly the nuimber 10 million mexicans is ILLEGALS alone, legally mexicans are the HIGHEST on the immigration chart as well both legal and illegally. It is only common sense to know they are dominant in numbers.

Oh and postling links to blogs and journalism rambling doesnt prove your rambling non sense is true. At least I take or have taken the time when discussing and debating illegals to find real facts not just depend a bunch of opinionated written articles.

Quoting stormcris:

Last comment first: They make money here and live here very short term just have no vested interest in being a citizen except they pay taxes to the IRS but not at the same rate as say a citizen or resident alien and I guess I back spaced further because I meant to include resident aliens as well in that statement. The resident aliens may also not have a vested interest in becoming a citizen.

This from the IRS might help: An alien is any individual who is not a U.S. citizen or U.S. national. A nonresident alien is an alien who has not passed the green card testor the substantial presence test.

Under the substantial presence test:

You will be considered a U.S. resident for tax purposes if you meet the substantial presence test for the calendar year. To meet this test, you must be physically present in the United States on at least:

1. 31 days during the current year, and
  2. 183 days during the 3-year period that includes the current year and the 2 years immediately before that, counting:
    • All the days you were present in the current year, and
    • 1/3 of the days you were present in the first year before the current year, and
    • 1/6 of the days you were present in the second year before the current year.

Under that test it is no wonder they want everyone they can get.

We griped about legal immigrants. It is all through our history. I don't think it is we love undocumented people only if they are Mexican. They seem to be the only group I ever hear anything about.

After Mexicans, the second largest undocumented immigrant group is from El Salvador (530,000) followed by Guatemala (480,000), Honduras (320,000), Philippines (270,000), India (200,000), Korea; (200,000), Ecuador (170,000), Brazil (150,000) and China (120,000).

You stated earlier there are 10 million undocumented Mexicans. How can that be when the count is only at 11.2 million for all and they are not sure that is not over reaching. The studies show that has been virtually unchanged from 2009-2011. 7 million were from Mexico but that dropped by 900,000 this year alone. There is only around 12 million total Mexicans here both legal and undocumented. 

At any rate here are some articles about our hatred of legal immigrants

http://www.longislandwins.com/index.php/features/detail/when_hatred_of_immigrants_stopped_the_washington_monument/

http://www.sfmuseum.org/hist6/chinhate.html

http://www.learnnc.org/lp/editions/nchist-newsouth/5690

http://www.civilrights.org/publications/hatecrimes/escalating-violence.html

http://wordstrike.net/origins-of-anti-immigrant-hatred

JFK wrote in A Nation of Immigrants  “But emotions of xenophobia – hatred of foreigners – and of nativism - the policy of keeping America ‘pure’ … continue to thrive” (page 38).

Slave jobs....I think people greatly over state what is a slave job but in case you want to know you can read about it here:

http://digitalcommons.ilr.cornell.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1007&context=forcedlabor

Quoting iluv2meow:

I think you are mistaking the difference between Illegals and legal immigrants. Sure we have always griped about illegal immigrants until MEXICO decided it was ok to populate the USA illegally.... Now all of the suddent we LOVE illegals as long as they are MEXICANS... Mind you, you will not hear many claim they would hire a JEW or Polish, or Swedish.

If your statement you claim is true we dislike and have always treated immigrants badly (excusing and dismissing Mexicans), then why is it there are so many here and working? Yes I am speaking LEGALLY.

There are tons of people from all over the world and different countries living in the USA legally and are here because of many reasons. I highly doubt that all people here LEGALLY are here because they have no "choice". I know of a handful of immigrants here that are here for work opportunity CAREER wise, not just slave jobs.

As for your last statement... If they dont reside in the USA why do I care?

Quoting stormcris:

I was pretty sure we have always treated immigrants badly. The wonderful inheritance of the superiority complex. Then again there are those here who are non-resident aliens who feel superior to us from countries other than Mexico. 

Quoting iluv2meow:

As I stated in another reply that is because those that came here ILLEGALLY have left a bad taste for the immigrants and immigration. We also have new issues like terrorism and poor media exposure of people of other countries, ethic and faith. The illegal mexicans did not do any favors for immigration at all. People for some odd reason seem to think they are the only WORTHY immigrant worth being here. I find that very distasteful, rude, discriminary, and wrong.

I understand that theoretically that it is not the "mexicans" fault for how things turned out, but it certainly didnt stop them from taking something for granted rather than acting out with respect for a country nor do they seem to have any real concerns for other IMMIGRANTS.

Quoting Sekirei:

I was more referencing the fact that legal immigration has dropped. I totally agree that people should come here legally. But, even the ones who come legally are treated poorly by the 'born' americans.

Quoting iluv2meow:

meh.... I love you meow but I disagree with you. I dont think that those that crossed over mexico should be valued like heros and shit. They took our country for granted. Taking people for granted regardless of your status is wrong. Just because I am dying of cancer or my baby is dying from an illness or I am a homeless american living on the street doesnt give me the right to take advantage of others and make myself excusable to the laws and feel i am entitled. There is no RIGHT in being here illegally and expecting jobs, medical, justification, dont care where you are from. Mexicans are not an exception to the rules.

Quoting Sekirei:

no one should be surprised.. I mean, have you read some of the shit that is spewed in here? Even against the legal immigrants. Americans are the country's own worst enemy. Arrogant and hateful. 

Fear of serious injury alone cannot justify oppression of free speech and assembly. Men feared witches and burnt women. It is the function of speech to free men from the bondage of irrational fears.
Louis D. Brandeis
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I agree with what you've said.  I never did say we should continue putting up a wall, nor did I say that Mexicans are the ONLY illegals here.  Since, this post is speaking of Mexicans, that to me is what it's about.  I live in S. Calif. & I have family members that live in AZ.  So, we hear & see it everyday.  I want the Gov. to stay OUT of the States business, & let each State handle it the way they see fit.  If we just cut off ANY PA that the illegals are getting, continue to fine Companys that hire them & fine them HEAVILY eventually we'll see more go back to Mexico or other Countries where they come from.  I just want to see the ones that are already here, become Citizens.  It makes me so angry, that the ones that are here don't feel they have to even become legal.  I also feel since alot of our Military are coming home now, our wars are ending, that we put them on our borders.  Our Soldiers are coming home to perhaps no jobs anyway, so why not just put them on our borders.  I also never understood why the Gov. just didn't train & hire some of the unemployed Citizens here, to be Border Control Officers.  We need jobs, so there you go.....Take the similus money that Obama spent, that didn't create any (wasted money) plus, the money we are saving from the ending of Iraq & Afgan. soon, & put it to GOOD use...ON OUR BORDERS!!!  That along with cutting OFF PA to the ILLEGALS, then they'll go home...Seems pretty simple to me...We can't afford this anymore, so SOMETHING needs to be done..

Quoting iluv2meow:

I think you are being unrealistic about the whole idea of illegal immigration. Mexico alone (illegal mexicans) there are well over 10 million of them living in the USA today. This is a FACT. There is no way in hell we have the funds to track 10 million illegal mexicans much less the other millions that are from other countries.

UNFORTUNATELY, the illegal mexicans have ruined this so called land of OPPORTUNITY for others by taking advantage of our country... They left immigration with a bad taste in the mouth for many... Mexicans are not the only immigrants in this country WILLING to work crap jobs. They are not the ONLY immigrant here to better their lives. They are not the ONLY immigrant willilng to work farm work... The only reason why we see them more is because Mexicans are LARGEST in population for illegal immigrants. I find it sad that people ASSume that just because they only see mexicans doing odd jobs or whatever, apparently they must be the ONLY ones. False. America chose to discriminate by hiring the larger in number, perhaps availability with willing ness. I can assure you that there are other immigrants in this country living here illegally would be glad to have any job to have the opportunity to reside in America....

Secondly you speak of monitoring the boreder... We have been but building a wall is absurd. As much as I hate illegals entering my country (believe me I dislike it to the max) I also know that building walls is insane and makes us look terrible. Read your history! Look how many countries performed this same behavior building WALLS to seperate themselves from another country. Im sorry but no im not doing that... While i agree we do need to protect our country and our country needs to be monitored, i would suggest we do it without WALLS. I refuse to look like asshats acting all selfrighteous when many walls have been put up to only be brought down again.

The solution to the illegal issues of illegal immigrants regardless who they are what country they come from, is doing what Arizona does. make the state laws with strict immigration laws and enforce them. I have no doubt i will no longer depend or even trust the Federal to do their job (ICE). I think it is time to allow the states to decide, what they want to do and how they want to handle immigrations that are residing illegally.

Again, it will save us MORE MONEY if we do state laws verses hiring someone to deport 10 million illegals. That is unrealistic.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I think putting our Military on the borders is what should happen.  Because, we need to protect our borders from drug cartels & terrorists coming into our Country.  I think since Mexico, is doing much better, perhaps more Illegals will go back home.  Americans now have found their jobs going to Mexico, so they also are going to Mexico.  As far as the millions of illegals that are already here, they should just not get any PA or have any Employers hiring them.  Then, perhaps they would return back to Mexico. I do believe the ones that are here already, should work on being legal.  Give them a certain time period, and IF they haven't become a citizen yet, then they are to be deported.  To me, it doesn't sound that difficult like the way they seem to say.  It's all about 'votes' for them.  The Legal Hispanics.  I think it's just unbelieveable to me, that ppl can stay here & be illegal and nothing is being done. 

Quoting iluv2meow:

I dunno meow... Im on the fence about this... If we build a fence then they cant help themselves to go back home again...

Id rather stick with what AZ is doing. I think we should allow the illegals to either stay and make their own lives hell or just go home on their own. Saves money too.

iluv2meow
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Well border patrol sure who is going to pay for all this? How is that going to save us financially? We might as well stay in war if we are going to go that route. I would much rather see many of our men and women that have been serving for years come home and start building their families or their careers and so forth.

For those that want to remain in the military, sure but it still cost money we dont have. Can't spend what you dont have.

As for the illegals residing in the USA again.... Giving amnesty or making it "simple" because they are too damn lazy to make an effort na... Let them stay ILLEGAL. Fact is I dont think we need to WASTE OUR BUDGET babysitting a bunch of over grown children that felt entitled to be here. They can figure it out on their own.\

I absolutely agree with individual state laws. Perhaps an overall federal law so that states are not over stepping their boundaries but I am all for KILL ICE it isnt working never has worked never will work. Why pay for it when it doesnt work.

If say CA or other states like SD want to continue catering and providing school systems on their tax dollars for illegals and spanishing speaking people, let em... CA is in the worse possible position that i only hope that other states learn from their mistakes and step it up when it comes to budget. If you play rescue mission dont expect the people you rescue to PAY YOU BACK even after your state falls on their ass and flat ass broke.

Slaving for my oranges, sure thanks. I will grow my own if needed. But afterall we have done for these certain types of people I see VERY LITTLE appreication and thank you and contribution towards our economy, debts, and problems. I dont expect it, afterall, they are no better than the average american with ENTITLEMENT attitude.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I agree with what you've said.  I never did say we should continue putting up a wall, nor did I say that Mexicans are the ONLY illegals here.  Since, this post is speaking of Mexicans, that to me is what it's about.  I live in S. Calif. & I have family members that live in AZ.  So, we hear & see it everyday.  I want the Gov. to stay OUT of the States business, & let each State handle it the way they see fit.  If we just cut off ANY PA that the illegals are getting, continue to fine Companys that hire them & fine them HEAVILY eventually we'll see more go back to Mexico or other Countries where they come from.  I just want to see the ones that are already here, become Citizens.  It makes me so angry, that the ones that are here don't feel they have to even become legal.  I also feel since alot of our Military are coming home now, our wars are ending, that we put them on our borders.  Our Soldiers are coming home to perhaps no jobs anyway, so why not just put them on our borders.  I also never understood why the Gov. just didn't train & hire some of the unemployed Citizens here, to be Border Control Officers.  We need jobs, so there you go.....Take the similus money that Obama spent, that didn't create any (wasted money) plus, the money we are saving from the ending of Iraq & Afgan. soon, & put it to GOOD use...ON OUR BORDERS!!!  That along with cutting OFF PA to the ILLEGALS, then they'll go home...Seems pretty simple to me...We can't afford this anymore, so SOMETHING needs to be done..

iluv2meow
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM

your numbers are calculating regions not the whole nation. Sorry but 10 million illegals suddenly becomeing less than 10 million all together (legal and illegal) doesnt add up. The math is very wrong considering they are estimating such huge BOOM changes in numbers. I dont buy it. Sorry.

Quoting stormcris:

Show me where you are getting this figure from because here is one place I am getting mine from 

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-04-23/news/31388379_1_illegal-immigrants-mexican-immigrants-tough-immigration-law

This was on MSNBC: 

A new study released Tuesday finds the number of illegal immigrants living in the U.S. last year was roughly 11.2 million, a number virtually unchanged from 2009. In that year, the level of illegal immigration declined for the first time in two decades, dropping 8 percent from 2007, as a sour economy and stepped-up border enforcement made it harder or less desirable for undocumented workers to enter from Mexico.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41371038/ns/us_news-life/t/number-illegal-immigrants-holds-steady-us/#.T6FHULNYs85

This one from Arizona

The report by the Pew Hispanic Center, a nonpartisan, non-profit research center in Washington, D.C., analyzed a variety of census data from the United States and Mexico. It found that the number of Mexicans living in the U.S. fell from 12.9 million in 2009 to 12 million in 2011.

The number of undocumented immigrants from Mexico also fell markedly, from a peak of 7 million in 2007 to 6.1 million in 2011, said the report, which was released Monday.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/2012/04/23/20120423illegal-immgrant-population-study-mexico-united-states.html#ixzz1tivYjUFM

WASHINGTON (AP) — A new study shows the number of Mexican immigrants living illegally in the U.S. has dropped significantly for the first time in decades. The figures represent a dramatic shift as many illegal workers, already in the U.S. and seeing few job opportunities, are returning to Mexico.

The analysis of census data from the U.S. and Mexican governments finds that roughly 6.1 million unauthorized Mexican immigrants were living in the U.S. last year. That’s down from a peak of nearly 7 million in 2007.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/04/23/number-of-us-illegal-immigrants-from-mexico-drops/

stormcris
by Christy on May. 2, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Those are not numbers for regions.

Quoting iluv2meow:

your numbers are calculating regions not the whole nation. Sorry but 10 million illegals suddenly becomeing less than 10 million all together (legal and illegal) doesnt add up. The math is very wrong considering they are estimating such huge BOOM changes in numbers. I dont buy it. Sorry.

Quoting stormcris:

This was on MSNBC: 

This one from Arizona

Fear of serious injury alone cannot justify oppression of free speech and assembly. Men feared witches and burnt women. It is the function of speech to free men from the bondage of irrational fears.
Louis D. Brandeis
iluv2meow
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Then for the short period of time they gathered their numbers/facts im sorry they must have done a fast sloppy ass job finding their number statistic.

I have no doubt what so ever that some of the illegal mexicans may be returning to mexico, not doubting that but the numbers your stating, not even possible. I dont buy it.

Quoting stormcris:

Quoting iluv2meow:

Quoting stormcris:

This was on MSNBC: 

This one from Arizona

stormcris
by Christy on May. 2, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Where do you get your numbers?

Quoting iluv2meow:

Then for the short period of time they gathered their numbers/facts im sorry they must have done a fast sloppy ass job finding their number statistic.

I have no doubt what so ever that some of the illegal mexicans may be returning to mexico, not doubting that but the numbers your stating, not even possible. I dont buy it.

Quoting stormcris:

Quoting iluv2meow:

Quoting stormcris:

This was on MSNBC: 

This one from Arizona

Louis D. Brandeis
iluv2meow
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Slight decline in number from previous year to the next year is realistic and believable... Again you seem to fail to realize the huge mass number drop in the so called STUDIES showing such mass numbers are returning to mexico....

Im not that gulliable thank you. While the news may have a topic and some information may actually be true, much of it is sometimes poorly researched, calcluated or over exaggerated.

I have no doubt that the numbers your stating is inaccurate.

Quoting stormcris:

Where do you get your numbers?

Quoting iluv2meow:

Quoting stormcris:

Quoting iluv2meow:

Quoting stormcris:

This was on MSNBC: 

This one from Arizona

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:11 PM

You are sure right about Calif. & how screwed up the State is.  I remember when I worked at our local School Disctrict in the Spec. Ed. Programs.  I was a Sub. at the time & I worked in the Billinqual Ed. Class. It was a challenge that's for sure.  I remember thinking, "wow they pay me all this money to do this, not to mention WHY are we even have programs like this"....I'm sure they are still going on.  It's messed up for sure.  What I'm thinking is, all our Soliders that are coming home, then in Afgan. the war will slowly wind down & they will be coming home.  HOW are we going to have ANY jobs for them.  We're already spending money on ridiculous programs that aren't working, like Headstart.  (I worked there as well & seen it myself not working)...So, IF we took money that is already being spent on programs like that, that AREN'T working, why not put it into a program that might just help with these issues at our borders or in our own Country.  Instead of all these wars we're fighting, putting money into, use it for this Country in a more useful way.  Again, IF we cut off ALL PA to Illegals, then what do they have?  What's the incentive to be here or come here?  That's part of why they came here in the first place.  CUT them off, then we'll see them return to their own Country.

Quoting iluv2meow:

Well border patrol sure who is going to pay for all this? How is that going to save us financially? We might as well stay in war if we are going to go that route. I would much rather see many of our men and women that have been serving for years come home and start building their families or their careers and so forth.

For those that want to remain in the military, sure but it still cost money we dont have. Can't spend what you dont have.

As for the illegals residing in the USA again.... Giving amnesty or making it "simple" because they are too damn lazy to make an effort na... Let them stay ILLEGAL. Fact is I dont think we need to WASTE OUR BUDGET babysitting a bunch of over grown children that felt entitled to be here. They can figure it out on their own.\

I absolutely agree with individual state laws. Perhaps an overall federal law so that states are not over stepping their boundaries but I am all for KILL ICE it isnt working never has worked never will work. Why pay for it when it doesnt work.

If say CA or other states like SD want to continue catering and providing school systems on their tax dollars for illegals and spanishing speaking people, let em... CA is in the worse possible position that i only hope that other states learn from their mistakes and step it up when it comes to budget. If you play rescue mission dont expect the people you rescue to PAY YOU BACK even after your state falls on their ass and flat ass broke.

Slaving for my oranges, sure thanks. I will grow my own if needed. But afterall we have done for these certain types of people I see VERY LITTLE appreication and thank you and contribution towards our economy, debts, and problems. I dont expect it, afterall, they are no better than the average american with ENTITLEMENT attitude.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

iluv2meow
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:15 PM

We already have border controls. The illegals enter because they cross over in other ways. But alright your idea is fine but I wouldnt do it. I dont think its worth wasting more money on. I think we should just focus on not making it comfortable for them to be here illegally. They will go home or stay home on their own. We should be focusing on the drug traffic instead of a bunch of harmless illegals. But that is me.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

You are sure right about Calif. & how screwed up the State is.  I remember when I worked at our local School Disctrict in the Spec. Ed. Programs.  I was a Sub. at the time & I worked in the Billinqual Ed. Class. It was a challenge that's for sure.  I remember thinking, "wow they pay me all this money to do this, not to mention WHY are we even have programs like this"....I'm sure they are still going on.  It's messed up for sure.  What I'm thinking is, all our Soliders that are coming home, then in Afgan. the war will slowly wind down & they will be coming home.  HOW are we going to have ANY jobs for them.  We're already spending money on ridiculous programs that aren't working, like Headstart.  (I worked there as well & seen it myself not working)...So, IF we took money that is already being spent on programs like that, that AREN'T working, why not put it into a program that might just help with these issues at our borders or in our own Country.  Instead of all these wars we're fighting, putting money into, use it for this Country in a more useful way.  Again, IF we cut off ALL PA to Illegals, then what do they have?  What's the incentive to be here or come here?  That's part of why they came here in the first place.  CUT them off, then we'll see them return to their own Country.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured