Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Just an observance--oops, OBSERVATION! Thank you Professor V. ;)

by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:38 AM
Replies (41-50):
toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:01 AM

Quoting kailu1835:

Personally I think they're so insecure in their own beliefs that they have to poke sticks at others to make themselves feel better about believing something they aren't sure about.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting kailu1835:

Some people just are vindictive.  It isn't odd to me at all, because these posts are posted by and filled with the posters you would expect.  Just skip it... you give it power.

Exactly.  I generally don't even open the posts---the titles alone turn me off. 

It's sad that people do this though, as the poster above said. 

What's the point of continuing to poke sticks at a certain group of people?  It just makes them look trite.

Perhaps so. 

I think I'd be insecure too if I had nothing to believe in. 

Arroree
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:47 AM
7 moms liked this

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting kailu1835:

Personally I think they're so insecure in their own beliefs that they have to poke sticks at others to make themselves feel better about believing something they aren't sure about.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting kailu1835:

Some people just are vindictive.  It isn't odd to me at all, because these posts are posted by and filled with the posters you would expect.  Just skip it... you give it power.

What's the point of continuing to poke sticks at a certain group of people?  It just makes them look trite.

Perhaps so. 

And there you have it, go on about how insecure they are for poking at your beliefs then turn and poke at theirs.

SMH

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:50 AM

Quoting Arroree:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting kailu1835:

Perhaps so. 

And there you have it, go on about how insecure they are for poking at your beliefs then turn and poke at theirs.

SMH

It doesn't rattle much, does it?  ;)

Arroree
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Arroree:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting kailu1835:

Perhaps so. 

SMH

And now moving on to insulting me.....

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on May. 3, 2012 at 4:55 AM

no not odd.  Someone dislikes Christianity and wants to highlight how "moral" the christians in these posts are.  To highlight that religion to extreme is bad.

I dont read them ...but it reinforces my belief of no god.

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Arroree:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Arroree:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting kailu1835:

Perhaps so. 

SMH

And now moving on to insulting me.....

Nah...if it were an insult you'd feel it.  I'm not a meanie.  I'm just sillies.  ;)

romalove
by Roma on May. 3, 2012 at 5:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting jllcali:

When I read this post, I thought "i'm going to reply that I agree with whatever romalove says"

Roma's a smart cookie...she picks on me though.  ;)

Thank you for saying something nice.

But I feel compelled to correct you on saying I pick on "you".

I don't think I have said anything personal to you that would indicate picking on you.  I pick on ideas, I pick on expression of those ideas, I pick on and at the brains of people that I disagree with to see why people think and act as they do.

That's what I find interesting, engaging with people over ideas and seeing how they think and what makes them tick.

romalove
by Roma on May. 3, 2012 at 5:58 AM

Quoting Sweet_Britt:

Then why don't you post some positive religious posts? 

I think those are interesting topics to talk about/debate about. Those are the things going on in our world today. 

Counteract it with positivity if you want. 

I love this response.  :-)

jllcali
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Don't get me wrong, I find what that asshole did horrible, I hope he dies a slow painful death. I was just poking poodles.

Quoting kailu1835:

Ugh.  A murder of innocent children DEFINITELY not a man of God :(  I weep for that little boy.  I think of my own little guy who still plays dolls with his sisters and hope he will never know such hate as that pathetic excuse for a man exhibited :(

Quoting jllcali:

hee hee hee

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting jllcali:

I did not see "poodles" in ANY of those titles. ;P

Quoting toomanypoodles:

The common thread is "lunatic Christian". 

lol.  But to some, I am the most lunatic of them all.  hahaha

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romalove
by Roma on May. 3, 2012 at 9:46 AM
5 moms liked this
There is no insecurity attached to a lack of belief in supernatural deities. I feel completely secure in the knowledge that we control our own destiny. I may not like how things turn out, or choices I make, and of course natural occurrences can impact human endeavour, but there is nothing in this to engender insecurity.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting kailu1835:

Perhaps so. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN