Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

MY FRIENDS!

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:46 AM
  • 194 Replies
3 moms liked this

I have come to rely on you Ladies, and think of most of you as friends.I have had the pleasure of conversing with the best minds ever. With that in mind, I have a request and it is from a heavy heart. Whether you believe in GOD thy Father or not,please pray and or send GOOD thoughts to my Family!  Late last night my Son(23) was walking home and was too slow getting out of the way of a truck speeding in a residential neighborhood. He was struck, then media vac ed to a trauma center. He is in ICU, with numerous scrapes and bruises, but the real problem is the small bleed found on the brain. His spleen and Liver have some fluid. And I am a freaking mess,I am home,the hardness thing I had to do was leave his side, and I've been up way to long! I have 12 children and can't imagine losing 1,please help me and my Family pray, or wish for a full recovery.

THANK YOU,SO MUCH!

IN A EFFORD TO KEEP EVERY ONE UPDATED,HE IS IN ICU, HIS C-SCANS ARE POSITIVE. HE IS IN GRUADED STABLE CONDITION. The story of his accident, it's Local but has plenty of errors, and in a not to unpredictable way the police have cleared the driver! Adam was walking in the road, mind you, there aren't side walks where he was,but I digress. I BELIEVE ANGER IS COMING NOW! I will continue to up date you all,and I am so thankful for ALL of your kind and positive messages.

I JUST TALKED TO ADAM ON THE PHONE! HE DOESN'T REMEMBER MUCH,BUT HIS BROTHER ANTHONY LET HIM CALL,HE STILL HAS A WINDOW OF REVERSAL BECAUSE OF THE BRAIN HEMERAGE BUT MY SMILE IS NOT COMING OFF,THANK YOU MOMMAS, SO SO SO MUCH I CAN'T GET THROUGH WITH OUT YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE

Adam had the catheter and tube removed Last night,today physical therapy allowed him to walk around a bit! He had a soft diet,which has changed to anything he wants. He is 23,so he thinks he is beyond ready to come home. I was talking to him as Doctors explained how important it is to recover fully. LOL I think I was talking to a brick wall again, LOL. He is having a speedy recover,however caution is warranted, he isn't out of the woods,but he is stronger,the pain as well and is getting meds for the pain!

I WANT TO THANK EACH OF YOU,I AM DOING BETTER BECAUSE OF EACH OF YOU,AND MY SON SEEMS TO TRULY BE HAVING A SPEEDY RECOVERY AND SO MANY OF YOU THOUGHT AND PRAYED THAT, AND I HONESTLY BELIEVE YOU LADIES ARE THE REASON. I KNOW WE HAVEN'T MET AND MAY NEVER, BUT YOU ALL ARE FRIENDS I HAVE AND I TRESSURE THAT.

FROM ME AND MY FAMILY,WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY SOUL, AND I SPEAK FOR US ALL, WE ARE GRATEFUL AND THANKFUL FOR YOUR KINDNESS AND LOVE. I NEVER KNEW SUCH GOODNESS TIL I FOUND YOU, EACH OF YOU,I'LL KEEP UPDATING AND THANK YOU.

Here is a picture of My Son,my baby. I wanted you who are getting all of us through this, by being BEAUTIFUL, CARING AND KIND, to see the person you've been supporting. He is having more pain,however good signs are showing because he is walking and talking. He has developed a headache and the burns are bad. I am going to see him and talk to the Doctor,another cat-scan in the AM. Thank you

ADAM IS COMING HOME, CARTWHEELS,PRASING GOD,AND THANKING ALL THE BEST LADIES I'VE EVER MET!we rockthank youHE IS LAYING NEXT TO ME,I AM TRULY GRATEFUL. TO YOU ALL,I WILL UPDATE IN AM.wink

Got through the night, and was able to get his medicines. His headaches are more intense  but the ct-scans were all excellent. He has to wear a neck brace and wants to refuse in home care, ha,ha,ha not on my watch! LOL, I am a Mother I will see him 100% first GOD willing.

Your Love, wishes,prayers, good thoughts and good wishes is the best medicine. I am so glad to find our world hasn't  turned self centered  and crue all the way!l you restored my faith ingroup hug human kindness!

UPDATE; MY SON WAS RUSHED TO THE HOSPITAL,HE PASSRD OUT,AND STARTED BREATHING STRANGLY. I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING NOW,PLEASE PRAY. THANK YOU.

ADAM IS HOME AND DOING FINE. DOCTORS BELIEVE HE STRESSED,BUT i WILL MAKE SURE THEY RUN ALL THE TEST AT HIS FOLLOW UP APPT! AS ALL WAYS I AM GRATEFUL YOU

The only way Evil can triumph is for good women to do nothing!

*REAL TALK*

by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
romalove
by Roma on May. 2, 2012 at 8:47 AM
2 moms liked this

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear this!  Please know I am thinking of all of you and hoping for the best possible news, and that we are here to lean on as you need.  Sending a hug!

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:49 AM
2 moms liked this

That's horrifying.

*hugs*

I'll be thinking about you, your son and your family.

im sorry

mandaday
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:54 AM
2 moms liked this

I am very sorry to hear that this happened. I hope he recovers quickly.

MyJaidon
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm so very sorry to hear this happened to your baby. I couldn't imagine. PM me if you need to talk. ((Here's a big hug))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillianmayasmom
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I am so sorry. I am thinking about you and your family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:01 AM
2 moms liked this
Done.

Oh my God Charlie how awful. For what it's worth, I've seen MANY patients come back from the smaller (and even not so small), brain bleeds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charleyd68
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you, so much. I am near tears again. The image is killing me. I never Let myself think of this possibility, even in the few dreams I'd wake up crying. Reality is so much worse! I am the so-called glue that keeps our Family going, and right now I feel anything but strong! Thank you again Romalove, I really like you!

Quoting romalove:

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear this!  Please know I am thinking of all of you and hoping for the best possible news, and that we are here to lean on as you need.  Sending a hug!

In my Opininon No Disrespect

romalove
by Roma on May. 2, 2012 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting charleyd68:

Thank you, so much. I am near tears again. The image is killing me. I never Let myself think of this possibility, even in the few dreams I'd wake up crying. Reality is so much worse! I am the so-called glue that keeps our Family going, and right now I feel anything but strong! Thank you again Romalove, I really like you!

Quoting romalove:

Just remember young people heal quickly and well.  :-)

_Bama_
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:09 AM
2 moms liked this

That is awful!  I will be keeping him in my thoughts!

survivorinohio
by René on May. 2, 2012 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh mama I am so sorry.  It is not easy having a child in an ICU :(  My prayers are with you and your family. 

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN