Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I have come to rely on you Ladies, and think of most of you as friends.I have had the pleasure of conversing with the best minds ever. With that in mind, I have a request and it is from a heavy heart. Whether you believe in GOD thy Father or not,please pray and or send GOOD thoughts to my Family!  Late last night my Son(23) was walking home and was too slow getting out of the way of a truck speeding in a residential neighborhood. He was struck, then media vac ed to a trauma center. He is in ICU, with numerous scrapes and bruises, but the real problem is the small bleed found on the brain. His spleen and Liver have some fluid. And I am a freaking mess,I am home,the hardness thing I had to do was leave his side, and I've been up way to long! I have 12 children and can't imagine losing 1,please help me and my Family pray, or wish for a full recovery.

THANK YOU,SO MUCH!

IN A EFFORD TO KEEP EVERY ONE UPDATED,HE IS IN ICU, HIS C-SCANS ARE POSITIVE. HE IS IN GRUADED STABLE CONDITION. The story of his accident, it's Local but has plenty of errors, and in a not to unpredictable way the police have cleared the driver! Adam was walking in the road, mind you, there aren't side walks where he was,but I digress. I BELIEVE ANGER IS COMING NOW! I will continue to up date you all,and I am so thankful for ALL of your kind and positive messages.

I JUST TALKED TO ADAM ON THE PHONE! HE DOESN'T REMEMBER MUCH,BUT HIS BROTHER ANTHONY LET HIM CALL,HE STILL HAS A WINDOW OF REVERSAL BECAUSE OF THE BRAIN HEMERAGE BUT MY SMILE IS NOT COMING OFF,THANK YOU MOMMAS, SO SO SO MUCH I CAN'T GET THROUGH WITH OUT YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE

Adam had the catheter and tube removed Last night,today physical therapy allowed him to walk around a bit! He had a soft diet,which has changed to anything he wants. He is 23,so he thinks he is beyond ready to come home. I was talking to him as Doctors explained how important it is to recover fully. LOL I think I was talking to a brick wall again, LOL. He is having a speedy recover,however caution is warranted, he isn't out of the woods,but he is stronger,the pain as well and is getting meds for the pain!

I WANT TO THANK EACH OF YOU,I AM DOING BETTER BECAUSE OF EACH OF YOU,AND MY SON SEEMS TO TRULY BE HAVING A SPEEDY RECOVERY AND SO MANY OF YOU THOUGHT AND PRAYED THAT, AND I HONESTLY BELIEVE YOU LADIES ARE THE REASON. I KNOW WE HAVEN'T MET AND MAY NEVER, BUT YOU ALL ARE FRIENDS I HAVE AND I TRESSURE THAT.

FROM ME AND MY FAMILY,WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY SOUL, AND I SPEAK FOR US ALL, WE ARE GRATEFUL AND THANKFUL FOR YOUR KINDNESS AND LOVE. I NEVER KNEW SUCH GOODNESS TIL I FOUND YOU, EACH OF YOU,I'LL KEEP UPDATING AND THANK YOU.

Here is a picture of My Son,my baby. I wanted you who are getting all of us through this, by being BEAUTIFUL, CARING AND KIND, to see the person you've been supporting. He is having more pain,however good signs are showing because he is walking and talking. He has developed a headache and the burns are bad. I am going to see him and talk to the Doctor,another cat-scan in the AM. Thank you

ADAM IS COMING HOME, CARTWHEELS,PRASING GOD,AND THANKING ALL THE BEST LADIES I'VE EVER MET!we rockthank youHE IS LAYING NEXT TO ME,I AM TRULY GRATEFUL. TO YOU ALL,I WILL UPDATE IN AM.wink

Got through the night, and was able to get his medicines. His headaches are more intense  but the ct-scans were all excellent. He has to wear a neck brace and wants to refuse in home care, ha,ha,ha not on my watch! LOL, I am a Mother I will see him 100% first GOD willing.

Your Love, wishes,prayers, good thoughts and good wishes is the best medicine. I am so glad to find our world hasn't  turned self centered  and crue all the way!l you restored my faith ingroup hug human kindness!

UPDATE; MY SON WAS RUSHED TO THE HOSPITAL,HE PASSRD OUT,AND STARTED BREATHING STRANGLY. I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING NOW,PLEASE PRAY. THANK YOU.

ADAM IS HOME AND DOING FINE. DOCTORS BELIEVE HE STRESSED,BUT i WILL MAKE SURE THEY RUN ALL THE TEST AT HIS FOLLOW UP APPT! AS ALL WAYS I AM GRATEFUL YOU

The only way Evil can triumph is for good women to do nothing!

*REAL TALK*

by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Replies (121-130):
charleyd68
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so much. I am so happy that you guys are here, cyber or not you are better then anyone I could and or have met. 

Here is his pix.

Quoting jllcali:

I am so glad your son is doing well!! Best wishes for his recovery!

In my Opininon No Disrespect

romalove
by Roma on May. 3, 2012 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad he is on the mend.  Hugs to you, mama.  :-)

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank You. I am very grateful. I put his most recent photo(4/12) for everyone to see,put a face to the story. 

Quoting NutHouseMomma:

Prayers to you during this time. And special blessings for your son.

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

It is a real miracle and I think you Ladies are the reason. I would not get through with out you' all. I posted his photo so everyone can see who you have been Lovely supporting. Thank You, again!

Quoting karla85:

I'm glad he is better now. Lots of hugs to you momma

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Thank You. I treasure your wisdom and Wit! He is getting it back,I just hope that no one experience this. He is physically hurt but man it has been Hell! I put his photo up, too!

Quoting romalove:

I'm glad he is on the mend.  Hugs to you, mama.  :-)

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

What a handsome young man! I am glad he's pulling through!!!

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah Its been maybe 5 years now as nd hes made a lot of progress he was almost made into a vegatable but he he fought it.
Was this a hit and run?

Lol he looks like someone I dated before I meet my dh.

Just keep praying and help him gave faith to fight through the pain im sure he' be home in no time. ;)

Quoting charleyd68:

Thank You, it's horrible to hear that and I hope he recovered completely. He Is doing better then expected, but the pain is coming on too strong, which is another cause for heartbreak. He has what looks to be burns, it's from the ground which mimics burns by fire. And they are worsting. This a picture of him,and Thank You so much.

Quoting Citygirlk:

No problem my family has been through something like this too, My cousins brother in law had a simlar head injury a few years back (he got jumped out side a club and was hit in the head with a baseball bat a few times) it took him a while but he eventually recovered so I just want you to know that there is hope and things will get better.

Quoting charleyd68:

Yours and everybody's prayers are making the difference. You I've always been in tuned with, and I am so thankful for you, and all of you. THANK YOU.

Quoting Citygirlk:

Omg im so sorry, im happy that hes getting better and hopefully he will be home soon. My prayers are with you and your family.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charleyd68
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank You, I am so grateful to have joined here. You guys are very special,And I am so thankful. Every body's prayers and or good thoughts are making this possible I wont ever for get that! Thank you,sincerely I am a fan!

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

What a handsome young man! I am glad he's pulling through!!!

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:38 AM

The Heavenly Father knows how much I want that,but I'd super glue his behind to the hospital bed until I got a fully recovery report. I am happy your cuz is coming along,I don't understand how people can cavalierly gamble some one's life, smh with a damned baseball bat! No the driver stopped,but the local news outlets are reporting inaccurate info. The police have yet to call or come to talk to me. Adam is 23, but I am the next of kind. I'd love to know what conclusions that they derived without talking to the victim and or his family! But when I get that info, I will update everyone,Thank you for being caring!

Quoting Citygirlk:

Yeah Its been maybe 5 years now as nd hes made a lot of progress he was almost made into a vegatable but he he fought it.
Was this a hit and run?

Lol he looks like someone I dated before I meet my dh.

Just keep praying and help him gave faith to fight through the pain im sure he' be home in no time. ;)

Quoting charleyd68:

Thank You, it's horrible to hear that and I hope he recovered completely. He Is doing better then expected, but the pain is coming on too strong, which is another cause for heartbreak. He has what looks to be burns, it's from the ground which mimics burns by fire. And they are worsting. This a picture of him,and Thank You so much.

Quoting Citygirlk:

No problem my family has been through something like this too, My cousins brother in law had a simlar head injury a few years back (he got jumped out side a club and was hit in the head with a baseball bat a few times) it took him a while but he eventually recovered so I just want you to know that there is hope and things will get better.

Quoting charleyd68:

Yours and everybody's prayers are making the difference. You I've always been in tuned with, and I am so thankful for you, and all of you. THANK YOU.

Quoting Citygirlk:

Omg im so sorry, im happy that hes getting better and hopefully he will be home soon. My prayers are with you and your family.

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:40 AM

BUMP!I am concerned by the headaches,I feel very helpless when his pain transmits through his voice,but I pray that he is getting the best care, I have no reason to believe otherwise. I am going to laygood nighthave a good night down and update later after the cat-scan in the am. THANK YOU, My FRIENDS! BLESS YOU ALL! Here is Adam again whom you beautiful souls have supported right away!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)