Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Doomsday Preppers

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:25 AM
  • 126 Replies
1 mom liked this

Have you seen the show?  Are you prepping for anything?  Do you think preppers are crazy?

I kind of am...I have 3 gallons of water and a bag of peanuts stashed away lol.  For a family of 6 lol.  I do want to get some good seeds that last a long time though.  My husband has watched this show with me a few times.  He now wants to create an underground shelter.  I think that'd be cool...but first I want him to put carpeting in the playroom.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
_Bama_
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:30 AM
4 moms liked this

I live in the now.  I think those people are crazy as hell and their children are being damaged by their stupidity. 

Woodbabe
by Woodie on May. 2, 2012 at 9:34 AM
5 moms liked this

I have always kept a stash of things like dry rice and beans, a case of water, canned tuna, etc. It comes from growing up on the Texas coast and dealing with hurricanes. I think its always smart to have a supply of staples, whether its an earthquake, tornado or anything that could disrupt power grids and distribution. I certainly don't  need an underground shelter but I DO have plenty of ammo in case of zombies! :)

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I watched it once. The parents were off their rockers and dragging their poor kids into it. I can't imagine what it's they're doing to their little minds. The company that owns TLC really loves to exploit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_Bama_
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I think its great to stock up on stuff... Hell I got a corner in one bedroom stacked with can goods.... Yesterday I filled the freezer with rolled corn and Brussels sprouts... but I draw the line with a man and a woman that will run their children through the house with gas masks... make them eat bugs... practice target shooting and then having to watch as daddy is carted away cuz he shot his thumb off... and watching dad practice putting a iv in mommy... Thats crazy.... Let them kids go outside and play... DAYUM.

saltyalley1227
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:37 AM
2 moms liked this
We have about 9 gallons of water and some rice, beans, and oatmeal. Seeds too. I'm not so much prepping for the end of the world as I am wanting to be prepared for any emergency. Tornado. Huge snow storm. Earth quake. Solar storm. Etc.
I don't think it hurts to be prepared but when it gets to the point you're to afraid of dying to live, that's crossing a line.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizardannie1966
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I think some of those preppers have gotten a little carried away but I don't see anything wrong with preparing for some sort of emergency...just in case...and not necessarily in preparation for "doomsday."

Tanya93
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:45 AM
I have stuff prepped in case of a hurricane.
iluv2meow
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:49 AM
2 moms liked this

yes if you are prepping for DOOMSDAY something mentally is not right and I would not want to LIVE THROUGH doomsday to watch a bunch of psychologically off people fight over food, shelter, water, supplies.

So you preppers go ahead waste your time and money acting all crazy and stuff because in my opinion the aftermath of Doomsday is like the Revelation in the bible, it is going to be absolutely HELL to live on earth.

_Bama_
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Yup if we are to have a nuclear attack I just want my whole lil crew here to go together... I dont wanna be behind to watch any aftermath.

Quoting iluv2meow:

yes if you are prepping for DOOMSDAY something mentally is not right and I would not want to LIVE THROUGH doomsday to watch a bunch of psychologically off people fight over food, shelter, water, supplies.

So you preppers go ahead waste your time and money acting all crazy and stuff because in my opinion the aftermath of Doomsday is like the Revelation in the bible, it is going to be absolutely HELL to live on earth.

4music
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this
There's nothing wrong with being prepared or having a plan, but when you quit living your life to focus on what ifs - what's the point?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN