Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Fruit benefits.

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:48 PM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this

by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LindaClement
by Thatwoman on May. 2, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Interesting... 

I know that many of the benefits listed for one fruit are also benefits of many others on the list...

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Apple = blocks diarrhea. Interesting visual imagery.

Beans = helps. Helps what?

Cabbage = helps. See Above.

Tanya93
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I hate something saying a specific food combats cancer

Taurus_Girl78
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow I am a diabetic. I didn't know avocados battles diabetes. Very interesting. Thanks for posting this. I am not on insulin and have controlled my diabetes to diet and exercise. I love fruits. Everyone needs to remember though about all the carbs fruits have. If you eat too many of them they can make you gain weight.

storkradio193
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Why?  Certain foods can slow cancer growth and help prevent cancer.  It's not like you can eat something and eliminate cancer after one has it, but foods can help before you get it.  Webmd has a whole article about this subject and specifically mentions broccoli and garlic among others that protect against specific types of cancer.

Quoting Tanya93:

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

Tanya93
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Because it is bullshit.

A food doesn't combat cancer.   Living a healthy live can help prevent it, but even then there is no guarantee.  So yeah, saying beans combat cancer is jsut bullshit.

Quoting storkradio193:

Why?  Certain foods can slow cancer growth and help prevent cancer.  It's not like you can eat something and eliminate cancer after one has it, but foods can help before you get it.  Webmd has a whole article about this subject and specifically mentions broccoli and garlic among others that protect against specific types of cancer.

Quoting Tanya93:

newmom2be08
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Great list!  My DH and I both have PVC's and we try to eat foods rich in potassium such as bananas and potatoes, which are both great for the heart. 

newmom2be08
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Quoting storkradio193:

Quoting Tanya93:

Absolutely! 

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:55 PM

You do not understand enough about how certain chemicals in foods work in the human body.  This stuff has been proven to be affective in the majority of cases (even if by a small percent) or they would not be allowed to state this.  FDA rules require you to prove your claim that your food combats certain things.

Quoting Tanya93:

Because it is bullshit.

A food doesn't combat cancer.   Living a healthy live can help prevent it, but even then there is no guarantee.  So yeah, saying beans combat cancer is jsut bullshit.

Quoting storkradio193:

Quoting Tanya93:

babiesbabybaby development

Tanya93
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Actually, I understand very well.

Beans don't combat cancer.   They just don't.

Quoting kailu1835:

You do not understand enough about how certain chemicals in foods work in the human body.  This stuff has been proven to be affective in the majority of cases (even if by a small percent) or they would not be allowed to state this.  FDA rules require you to prove your claim that your food combats certain things.

Quoting Tanya93:

Because it is bullshit.

Quoting storkradio193:

Quoting Tanya93:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN