Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

*fluffy* S/O Star trek

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:06 PM
  • 146 Replies
So earlier today I posted about the EU putting an explorer in orbit around one of Jupiter's moons and discussion of science-fiction of course began (Star Trek specifically.)

How many Trekkies are in the group? Over the las week I've watched six Star Trek movies (the ones with the original cast) and turned my 12 yo DS into a Trekkie. He wants to see all the movies and the original show.

If you're a Trekkie which if the shows did you watch? Original, Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, Enterprise or all of them? Which was your favorite? Do you have favorite characters or favorite episodes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
punky3175
by Punky on May. 2, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Even though the original series was before my time, I grew up on it. My mom loves the series and watched all of the different series' that came out. I watched TNG from the beginning and loved it. I think DS9 is my favorite though because it was darker and the characters seemed more well rounded. I watched a few episodes of Voyager and Enterprise but just never got into them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katzmeow726
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:08 PM
A smattering of all, nut I love TNG and DS9 the most
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tanya93
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

My favorite is Next Gen.   But I have every episode of TOS, ST:TNG, ST:DSP, and ST:V.   Never got to watch much of Enterprise because the channel that showed it was dropped from our cable system during the first season.

However, I have been to a convention.   And here is a pic of a Star Trek wedding we ended up getting invited to in Vegas because the groom overheard me telling my husband that we really needed to go to another convention.

Tanya93
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

And my cat's name is Dax

punky3175
by Punky on May. 2, 2012 at 5:13 PM
I like you more and more! I loved Jadzia Dax especially when she and Worf were together.

Quoting Tanya93:

My favorite is Next Gen.   But I have every episode of TOS, ST:TNG, ST:DSP, and ST:V.   Never got to watch much of Enterprise because the channel that showed it was dropped from our cable system during the first season.

However, I have been to a convention.   And here is a pic of a Star Trek wedding we ended up getting invited to in Vegas because the groom overheard me telling my husband that we really needed to go to another convention.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kam013
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Trekkie fans here.  We watched all of them at one time or another, although were not huge fans of Deep Space or Voyager.  

The original series was awesome, well just because it was and will always be our favorite, but Next Generation is right there next to it.  I think the cast of Next Generation were short changed and canceled far too soon due to the animosity between the creators.  I would loved to have seen more and it is clear the cast would have loved to do more.    

We have seen each and every movie multiple times and look forward to next years release of the next Star Trek movie with the new cast.  

I think somehow they have really managed to re-create the chemistry with the new crew and cannot believe how well they did in casting people who are so close in resemblance to the old cast.  

Favorites are Captain Kirk and Captain Picard (gotta love Jean Luc)

punky3175
by Punky on May. 2, 2012 at 5:15 PM
As I was watching Star Trek 6 I recognized Worf's voice playing a Klingon lawyer. Did they really think we wouldn't recognize the voice? It's very distinctive (he has a wonderful voice.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tanya93
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to tell my drama kids how sexy I found Patrick Stewart.

They were all ewwww.

I told the girls, don't look at him.   Listen to the voice.

"Oh Miss.   I get it now...."

punky3175
by Punky on May. 2, 2012 at 5:16 PM
I also really enjoyed the 'reboot.' We finished our marathon with that one this weekend. And I will be in the theater for the sequel. :-D

Quoting kam013:

Trekkie fans here.  We watched all of them at one time or another, although were not huge fans of Deep Space or Voyager.  

The original series was awesome, well just because it was and will always be our favorite, but Next Generation is right there next to it.  I think the cast of Next Generation were short changed and canceled far too soon due to the animosity between the creators.  I would loved to have seen more and it is clear the cast would have loved to do more.    

We have seen each and every movie multiple times and look forward to next years release of the next Star Trek movie with the new cast.  

I think somehow they have really managed to re-create the chemistry with the new crew and cannot believe how well they did in casting people who are so close in resemblance to the old cast.  

Favorites are Captain Kirk and Captain Picard (gotta love Jean Luc)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tanya93
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:17 PM

That relationship was just funny.   I loved it.

Quoting punky3175:

I like you more and more! I loved Jadzia Dax especially when she and Worf were together.

Quoting Tanya93:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)