Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Seriously? Is this really child neglect??

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:58 PM
  • 222 Replies
1 mom liked this

My 7 year old son wanted a corn dog for lunch today.  Instead of making him one like he wanted me too, I showed him how to make his own. Get a corn dog, put it on a plate, push number 1 on the microwave and Voila! You have lunch. My son wasn't happy about making his lunch but I figured it was high time for him to learn some independence.

Now the whole time I'm doing this, my Mil and Sil are talking and saying, "God! What kind of mother can't even make her own child something to eat?" And "That's child neglect I tell you." "She's lucky CPS doesn't get called on her."

You can't believe how hard it was not to whip around and tell those biatches off! I just keep telling myself 29 more days, 29 more days and i'm getting out of here!

by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marissaj125
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:59 PM
11 moms liked this

I would have turned around and thrown a corndog at their face and scream, "HERE, I MADE YA ONE ALL BY MYSELF!"

lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 6:01 PM
2 moms liked this

My 6 year old does her own mac & cheese in the microwave...oops! With 2 kids under 3, the older ones have to fend for themselves!

KristinawithaK
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:02 PM
8 moms liked this

what the heck?  I taught my son how to make grilled cheese and tomato soup for us (me, him, his sister) when he was 8.  yes, with the stove!  I supervised and talked him through it.

he will make himself top ramen after school for a snack by putting in the microwave.  (he's 9 now)

when CPS comes, send them my way when they're done at your house.

*edit* furthermore, I think it depends on the kid.  my son is so responsible, I would trust him with a chainsaw.  my daughter on the other hand...  I barely trust her with a spoon.

mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow how the hell is that child abuse?? Its not abuse they can get off their high horses
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SWasson
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

When you wake up in the morning, you can tell yourself, "28 more days."  Congrats on that, BTW, it sure sounds like you need to get OUT of there.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on May. 2, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Lmao! I would have LOVED to do that!

Quoting marissaj125:

I would have turned around and thrown a corndog at their face and scream, "HERE, I MADE YA ONE ALL BY MYSELF!"

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Tanya93
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:07 PM
4 moms liked this

I am not agreeing with them.

But they are probably saying that because you don't work outside home and don't feel like making your kids lunch when you are now homeschooling them.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on May. 2, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Thank you! That's exactly how it was when the two little ones were small.

Now my small ones are getting bigger so I thiught it would be nice if I didn't have to plat maid anymore (well not as much lol)

Quoting lizmarie1975:

My 6 year old does her own mac & cheese in the microwave...oops! With 2 kids under 3, the older ones have to fend for themselves!

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on May. 2, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Ha ha ha. You bad mom! Now he just might be able to cook for himself when he's a grown up...

Quoting KristinawithaK:

what the heck?  I taught my son how to make grilled cheese and tomato soup for us (me, him, his sister) when he was 8.  yes, with the stove!  I supervised and talked him through it.

he will make himself top ramen after school for a snack by putting in the microwave.  (he's 9 now)

when CPS comes, send them my way when they're done at your house.

Will do LOL ^^^

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on May. 2, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I wish. They look for any reason to put me down. It's become a game with them, I swear :-(

Quoting mmtosam06:

Wow how the hell is that child abuse?? Its not abuse they can get off their high horses

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)