Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

For those planning to vote for Obama....

Is your husband or S/O also an Obama supporter?

Polls are saying that more women will support Obama, that he's locked in the woman vote....but no so for men.

Are you and your spouse on the same page?

(No poll---I'd like to see a discussion.)

by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:47 AM
Replies (121-130):
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:58 AM
4 moms liked this

Responses you make daily leave me shaking my head and questioning whether or not you think with one at all.

Quoting Carpy:

Responses like this just leave me shaking my head.

Quoting glitterteaz:

Tell that to women who live in the states that are ripping away their rights left and right. I think they would disagree.  He has done more in office that he promised to do than his predecessor no thanks to the congress who is determined to block all till he was forced out. Congress is the one that needs to be kicked out on its ass.  No one in the world could fix what Bush left behind in 4 yrs. So we will have to agree to disagree.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Is your husband or S/O also an Obama supporter? Yes

Men (not all obviously)  have been all for the war on women so why would they not vote repug.

I believe "the war on women" is pretty much fabricated to GET the women vote.

He's also been targeting for the Latino vote and the student vote in recent weeks.  But he's failing.  There's just no evidence that four more years with him will make things better. 

He said it himself, if he could not make the change in four years that he wouldn't deserve to be re-elected. 

I see no change.  Time to move on. 

Taurus_Girl78
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:35 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Friendsareppl:

That's fine that you don't believe in abortion, but don't you believe another person should have the right to make their own choice? If so, then how can you vote for anyone except a pro choice candidate?

Quoting Taurus_Girl78:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting Taurus_Girl78:

My husband and I don't  vote for Obama. My mom and dad don't vote for Obama either. This may  sound funny  to you but when I was single and  dated I always dated men that had the same beleifes  as I did who voted for Republican. If I found out they were Democrats and believed the way they did I would dump them lol.

I was just the opposite.. I never wanted anyone who believed in everything I did. I like political debates. Dh and I sometimes agree and sometimes don't except for a one major issue- he will not argue against anything that takes away women's rights. It makes life a lot more interesting.

Well I don't believe in abortion so that woman right doesn't bother me. I will never vote for it.

See I don't look at it that way. I see it as a person  murdering a baby. So I think they should have that right taken away.

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:48 AM

We are both voting for Obama.  

BrookieCookie1
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:52 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting glitterteaz:

Tell that to women who live in the states that are ripping away their rights left and right. I think they would disagree.  He has done more in office that he promised to do than his predecessor no thanks to the congress who is determined to block all till he was forced out. Congress is the one that needs to be kicked out on its ass.  No one in the world could fix what Bush left behind in 4 yrs. So we will have to agree to disagree.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Is your husband or S/O also an Obama supporter? Yes

Men (not all obviously)  have been all for the war on women so why would they not vote repug.

I believe "the war on women" is pretty much fabricated to GET the women vote.

He's also been targeting for the Latino vote and the student vote in recent weeks.  But he's failing.  There's just no evidence that four more years with him will make things better. 

He said it himself, if he could not make the change in four years that he wouldn't deserve to be re-elected. 

I see no change.  Time to move on. 

I wasn't aware that lawmakers create a stir every election year by telling men what they should be doing with their penises and testicles and such. Am I missing something? I think it's bullshit that every four years or so, we get an earful about what we should be able to do with our own bodies, and how a bunch of mostly MEN will be telling me what's rights I have regarding my body. We've been 'liberated' for how long?  If they talked of going back to segregation every election year, or back to listing homosexuality in the DSM-IV as a mental illness that often, I know damn well nobody in those groups would be doubting that there was a war being waged against them. So why, when we have heard about what laws will affect ONLY women do we still doubt this???

CarolinaGirl725
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:38 AM
5 moms liked this
Spouse voting Republican is acceptable grounds for divorce in my family, too. :)

Quoting Mcelly:

If my husband votes republican I will lose respect for him....and eventually divorce him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurdueMom
by Sherri on May. 5, 2012 at 8:12 AM

In the extreme partisan atmosphere holding our nation hostage at this time, it would be political death for a conservative president to choose a liberal justice.   

Quoting gdiamante:

It should be noted that we've had liberal justices appointed by conservative presidents.

Quoting PurdueMom:

You are obviously against balance.   : P

Quoting candlegal:

which just gives both of us another reason not to vote Obama   :)

Quoting PurdueMom:

My hubby and I will be voting for President Obama.  There is the possibility the next elected president will have the opportunity to select another Supreme Court justice.... if Romney is elected and tilts the SCOTUS even more conservative, we are doomed.

Sherri

Rowdys.Mommy
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't get it. I really do not understand why anyone would vote for him after these last four years

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting Rowdys.Mommy:

We are both anti Obama. I don't see how anyone could vote for that man!

laughing....that man.  Heheeee. We are voting for "that man".

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshinebebe26
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:40 AM

My husband cannot stand Mr.Obama, i don't like him much either so neither one of us will vote for him. I just want to say we will not vote for the rebublicans either, we really don't choose sides...

Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 5, 2012 at 11:00 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Rowdys.Mommy:

I don't get it. I really do not understand why anyone would vote for him after these last four years

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting Rowdys.Mommy:

Because the POTUS does not work in a vacuum.

The US economy is connected and intertwined with a global economy.

You can not correct 30 years of poor policies in 3 years.

Lastly, the candidate that the GOP resurrected is worse for average Americans.

girlsclubmom
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Me neither... We are all voting for anyone but Obama.

Quoting Rowdys.Mommy:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting Rowdys.Mommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN