Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let go and let God?

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:43 AM
  • 57 Replies

What does that mean exactly?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on May. 4, 2012 at 9:43 AM

bump

trz031407
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:45 AM
Let go & let God handle it?

Maybe it's the same thing as Karma?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Woodbabe
by Woodie on May. 4, 2012 at 9:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like a plan of in-action to me.

andiemomo3
by Andie on May. 4, 2012 at 9:49 AM
2 moms liked this
I would have to use AA as an example. I have a lot of friends in this program, my husband included, and "let go and let god" seems to be one of their help phrases. It means to me when you ar fighting so hard for control over a situation in your life, whether it be drug addiction, alcoholaddiction, gambling, pain because of acute loss, any mental control issue. If you mentally turn your control over to God and say "here, I know I can't do this alone, please help me", then you at "eating go and letting God".

This would require a complete faith in a God or higher power first, of course. I think to some with an absolute belief, this is a cure, a help, a hope and it works.

Edit - not "eating go". Ugh. I can't even write a serious post. "letting go".
Taurus_Girl78
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:50 AM
4 moms liked this

I am a Christian. It basically means let all of your problems go and let God handle them for you. That is  what it means to me at least.

jehosoba84
by Jenn on May. 4, 2012 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

It is used when someone is experiencing more/bigger problems than they can handle. It means you should offer them up to God, and He will help you through it. It does not mean to give up.

TugBoatMama
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
When I was a believer I was taught that it meant to forget about what your plan is and open yourself up to god's plan. It could also mean to stop worrying and let god do the worrying for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM
6 moms liked this

The general message is to let go of the things you cannot control and trust that the answers will come as they are needed. 

katzmeow726
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Basically, when you have a situation or worry with no solution, or that you have no control over, you have to trust God. Let Him handle it, knowing that he will pick the right path for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.BREE.
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Personally, I'm not a Christian. I lean more on the agnostic / spiritual side but that quote reminds me to stop worrying over life's trivialities and have faith in myself and those around me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured