Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does that mean exactly?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Replies (11-20):
Woodbabe
by Woodie on May. 4, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I was always taught to ask for strength and wisdom in dealing with my problems...

rotPferd
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Its the Serenity prayer, God won't help those who don't help themselves.

lynnd4
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:10 AM
I personally interpret it as pertaining to things you can't control. Otherwise, I agree with you. Just because one believes in God doesn't mean you're not in control or responsible for your life.

Quoting Woodbabe:

Sounds like a plan of in-action to me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Thanks. I think I understand what people mean now.

Just to be clear, it doesn't mean to give up accountability or to stop working toward achieving something. Do what you can when you can and leave the rest to God.

newmom2be08
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:21 AM

To me, it means let God lead in your life.  So many times we like to do it "our way" and then we end up messing up His master plan.  Been there...done that. 

candlegal
by Judy on May. 4, 2012 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

It means when I go to bed at night, I can go to sleep.  God is going to be awake all night anyway so he can do the worrying for me.

mommajen32
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

If you are asking believers ....

That there is power in prayer/faith and at the end of the day there are things outside of your control. God will hear you and trust in that. 

e.g. I was infertile for 5 years, I worried and worried to the point of literally losing my hair. I went to church and the pastor laid hands ...I finally just let go and asked the Holy Spirit to intervene. Three months later I was speaking with friends at church and was led to a new Doctor, had an appointment at that time, he found the problem and I was pregnant a month later. 

Now, that doesn't mean everyone who has fertility issues will have the same outcome, it may mean that you meet someone that leads you to an adoption agency or you find your vocation/fill that need in a different way. 

I believe with all of my heart, soul and Spirit that I serve a compassionate God, and it's sometimes almost freaky when you let go and really listen/pay attention to what is going on around you the answers are there. You meet the right people, and are led. There's more to all of this than just clusters of atoms. 

mommajen32
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Oh and thanks be to God ....we are pregnant again and the baby is doing great!

The Reproductive Endocrinologists had told me I needed DONOR EGGS, not even regular in-vitro ...and that I couldn't have babies. 

mommajen32
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Thanks. I think I understand what people mean now.

Just to be clear, it doesn't mean to give up accountability or to stop working toward achieving something. Do what you can when you can and leave the rest to God.

Exactly. Faith without works is dead. James 2:14 - 26. 

It's understand that there are things outside of your control. Jesus talked about the flowers in the field and how God clothed them, how much does he love and care for you as well. Do not worry. Matthew 6: 25 - 34

I like to give Scripture so people can see it for themselves and not b/c I said so, unless it's just a testimony. 

Radarma
by "OneDar" on May. 4, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Quoting katy_kay08:

The general message is to let go of the things you cannot control and trust that the answers will come as they are needed. 

From one semi control freak to another, do you think it works KK?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured