Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What does that mean exactly?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Replies (51-57):
Ziva65
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Thanks. I think I understand what people mean now.

Just to be clear, it doesn't mean to give up accountability or to stop working toward achieving something. Do what you can when you can and leave the rest to God.

I agree. I see it as "let go" (stop worrying; don't be anxious about it, as that is of no useful benefit) and "let God" (Give it to God, it is out of our control, and He is in control. Pray about it, and give it to Him).

It doesn't mean stop working at all, or "giving up". 

iluv2meow
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:28 AM

If you fear riding a plane...

Let go of your fear and let God handle your fear.

Redwall
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Although I consider myself a Christian, I'm far from a perfect Christian.  I quit going to our church because our pastor spent more time talking about politics that being kind.  I think....and it's just my humble opinion and I'm sure you'll let me know if I'm wrong...but I think it means, "Let go of your worries and cares and hand them over to God."

mommyakabooby
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 7:14 PM
For me, it means to let God handle the situation. My dd has a medical condition, that could actually kill her if she doesn't take her meds right, or eats the wrong thing, or takes the wrong meds. She has to get her blood drawn twice a week to monitor her meds. It's stressful to say the least. This condition was kicking my butt, I was constantly worried about all the above. Then I realized I had to put the situation in Gods hands, and trust him that he would protect my daughter. It was hard. Still is actually.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
osubucksbaby
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 7:15 PM
I find myself saying this a lot, for me it just means some things are better left out of my hands
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gracieb3
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:26 PM

It means to let your worries go and that God has them under control.  It has to do with not letting worry or the devil fill your mind with worry so that you drift from God. I let go and let God often. 

Angeldolphine
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 11:03 PM

It means to let go of trying to control it yourself and to let God take care of it. To release bitterness, anger, worry, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN