Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

42 years ago today:

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:51 PM
  • 6 Replies

On May 4, 1970 the Ohio National Guard opened fire into a busy college campus during a school day. A total of 67 shots were fired in 13 seconds. Four students: (L to R) Allison Krause, Jeffrey Miller, William Schroeder, and Sandra Scheuer were killed. Nine students were wounded

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Donna6503
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Cosby, Stills, and Nash.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
survivorinohio
by René on May. 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I just watched this video, it is graphic and contains a lot of powerful and some very famous images.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

new_mom808
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Kinda surprised I've gone all day and havent heard about today being the anniversary.

EmmasMom0305
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:03 PM
My favorite hs teacher was one of the wounded :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
survivorinohio
by René on May. 4, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Quoting EmmasMom0305:

My favorite hs teacher was one of the wounded :(

:( 

survivorinohio
by René on May. 4, 2012 at 3:48 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)