Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Students Accused Of Sodomizing Deaf Boy On School Bus With Driver Present

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:40 PM
  • 13 Replies

Two students from Roswell, Ga., are facing charges of aggravated sodomy and aggravated molestation after a 10-year-old deaf boy reported that he was sexually assautled on a school bus traveling from the Atlanta Area School for the Deaf, WSB-TV reports.

Evidence also reveals that the bus driver had knowledge of the attacks but did not contact authorities, Attorney Tommy Maddox told the station. Fulton County spokeswoman Samantha Evans told WSB-TV's Mike Petchenik that the driver has been removed from the system, but offered no other details.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that the suspects, ages 16 and 14, are set to appear in court today and are being charged as adults.

“He was just violated in every way you can imagine," Maddox said of the alleged victim. The AJC also reports that forensic tests at a local hospital confirms the accusations.

The assault reportedly went on for months, but the 10-year-old was initially too afraid to tell his mother.

The Roswell incident is one of several that involves alleged student bullying on school buses. Back in January, a 13-year-old female student was beaten unconscious on a school bus by seven students between the ages of 12 and 15 in Ocala, Fla.

The victim was taken to a hospital where she was treated for severe bruising, a concussion, and muscle spasms.

Pregnancy

by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raintree
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm not a big fan of the current school bus culture.

Poor little boy.

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:10 PM
2 moms liked this

OMG. That is heartbreaking.

I hope that bus driver gets to spend along time in jail. I also hope those who did this will get the punishment they deserve too.

Rose87
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Neither am I. This is why I prefer to drive to drop them off as well as pick them up. I think it is insane.

Especially since the bus driver KNEW about the attacks!! How can you KNOW a child is being brutally raped and beaten and DO NOTHING.

Smdh. My heart breaks for this little boy.

Quoting Raintree:

I'm not a big fan of the current school bus culture.

Poor little boy.

Pregnancy

Rose87
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I am glad they're being charged as adults and the driver has been removed from the system. He deserves to be charged as well since he KNEW and DID NOTHING.

Quoting muslimahpj:

OMG. That is heartbreaking.

I hope that bus driver gets to spend along time in jail. I also hope those who did this will get the punishment they deserve too.

Pregnancy

survivorinohio
by René on May. 4, 2012 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

This is awful. It makes me sick that any adult would allow that to happen to a child in their presence.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

s.adams83
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

my children are deaf and although they have hearing aids and cochlear implants people still try to take advantage of them, and for that reason I will not let my kids ride the school bus.  I don't trust other people.  

Mommy2BeAmy
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Its been going on for months and no1 noticed? I hope this isnt a get rich quick scheme

Rose87
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:10 PM
They said the abuse was confirmed at the hospital.

This poor child. :o(

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Its been going on for months and no1 noticed? I hope this isnt a get rich quick scheme

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rose87
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree completely.

Humanity has taken a turn for the worst, imho.

Quoting s.adams83:

my children are deaf and although they have hearing aids and cochlear implants people still try to take advantage of them, and for that reason I will not let my kids ride the school bus.  I don't trust other people.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

How awful!  I hope that driver and the kids who did it are prosecuted.  How could the driver, much less the other kids on the bus, not come forward?!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN