Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

OCD anyone else with it???

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:04 PM
  • 3 Replies

well i have OCD and some days are better than others but it can be very hard to deal with at times. i have a number thing and my number at the mo is 3 but it was 4 and then 5 in the years past. this means i have to do everything in 3 and it can be very time consuming and distressing.

when i was diagnosed last year the doc tryed to give me methods to get rid of the OCD but i realised that im so used to it and its such a big part of my life that i couldnt posible try and get rid of it. i hate it and its ruining my life but its something that iv always had and feel like i need it. only someone with OCD could understand i think.

just wondering has anyone else on this have OCD and if so...how do u deal with it and what kind of OCD do u have??

by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 5:38 PM

No, I dont have it.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on May. 4, 2012 at 5:42 PM

I do not, but my sister does. It's not as severe as it used to be. She used to have to go back home to check the stove multiple times in the morning on her way to work.

Have you tried any meds? Or talk therapy to find out the reason you have the OCD?

katy_kay08
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:43 PM

When I was struggling with PPD years ago it manifested itself into obsessive/compulsive habits and traits.  Thankfully has I worked through the depression the obsessive/compulsive habits subsided.  

It was a very difficult time.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)