Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do any of you watch it?

I have caught a few episodes of it. I find it fascinating how modest their morals are, but, their dress would not imply it. lol

http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/my-big-fat-gypsy-wedding/gypsy-bride-pictures.htm

Girls are raised to be wives and mothers. Boys are free to do whatever they will.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Replies (21-25):
muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:14 PM

It's acceptable in their culture.

DH would stroke if something like that happened to dd. lol

I never got into the little people one. I am looking forward to SisterWives coming back on, though.

Quoting Rose87:

Interesting @ "Grabbing"

I think I would strangle a boy if he did that with my daughter. LOL I think dh would do something worse.. ie, make it so he cant have kids. EVER. LOOOOOOOOOL

I do not think I would be interested in watching the show. It just doesnt strike my interest. Now, I do love the show about the "little couple"

They are too friggin cute!!

Rose87
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I never watched Sister Wives.

While polygamy is allowed in Islam, I do not think it should be glorified. I know they're not Muslim but I think it is just "weird" to see. 

More power to the women who can do it. I am just too jealous.. I think I would strangle someone if they even so much as looked at my husband in a more than casual way. Share him?! Goodness gracious. It ain't gonna happen.

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Not my cup of tea either. lol

Thats why I find it so fascinating that these women are doing it and they are helping to break that stereotype that it is old men and young girls and forced/arranged marriages.

Quoting Rose87:

I never watched Sister Wives.

While polygamy is allowed in Islam, I do not think it should be glorified. I know they're not Muslim but I think it is just "weird" to see. 

More power to the women who can do it. I am just too jealous.. I think I would strangle someone if they even so much as looked at my husband in a more than casual way. Share him?! Goodness gracious. It ain't gonna happen.

Rose87
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Breaking the stereotype is good.

But it just rubs me wrong. Idk. I think it should be done in certain cases, per Islamic standards ie widowed sahm w/ kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BompsMum
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:51 PM

love that show! (and the spin off american version)!! i find it fascinating, the whole culture is different and like you said the girls have to be completely chaste but not modest..and the boys run free..soooooo mystifying to me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured