Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Nurse in Afghanistan dies in Skype chat with wife

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM
  • 20 Replies

Nurse in Afghanistan dies in Skype chat with wife

Updated 04:25 p.m., Friday, May 4, 2012

HOUSTON (AP) — The wife of an Army officer serving in Afghanistan witnessed her husband's death as the two video chatted via Skype, his family said Friday.

The circumstances of Capt. Bruce Kevin Clark's death were not immediately available. The Pentagon said it was under investigation, and his brother-in-law said he didn't have details.

"We are entrusting the military with investigating and with finding out what happened to Capt. Clark," Bradley Taber-Thomas told The Associated Press.

Clark, a 43-year-old Army chief nurse, grew up in Michigan and lived previously in Spencerport, N.Y., a suburb of Rochester and his wife's hometown. He joined the Army in 2006 and was stationed in Hawaii before he was assigned to the William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso. He deployed to Afghanistan in March.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Nurse-in-Afghanistan-dies-in-Skype-chat-with-wife-3534488.php#ixzz1twtJMgDl
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:04 PM

WTH?

How horrible for her.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 4, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I don't even know what to say.

mstkn.identity
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Omg how horrible and sad :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jllcali
by Jane on May. 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM
How horrible!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I saw this earlier, awful and yet they were together at the end.
futureshock
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Didn't she see what happened?  I thought that was the whole point.  How horrific.

kjfamily
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:16 PM
So what happened a bomb or explosion. What did she see?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMCMSM
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Very sad to witness and not be able to do anything.....could not call for help or anything.

TCgirlatheart
by TC on May. 4, 2012 at 8:39 PM
How terrible! Poor woman, and family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
H_Tunisia_Remix
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:27 AM

I hope it was of natural causes. It is very traumatic to be with someone as they pass. I would imagine it is even harder to "be there" but be unable to even hold a hand or comfort them in some way as they pass. I have had two loved ones, my FIL in 2009 and my mother in March of this year, unexpectedly die in my arms. There is some comfort in knowing you were with them as they passed but the heart break is so, so much different than in "expected" passings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)