Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

'I am the Gayest Man I Know'

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:12 PM
  • 7 Replies

Dr. Ken Hutcherson, the pastor of Antioch Baptist Church in Redmond, Wash., posted an announcement earlier this week that many close to him – including his wife – have known for years. Hutcherson revealed that he is the "gayest man I know."

"Coming out of the closet is a difficult decision to make, especially when close, personal relationships are at stake," Hutcherson wrote in his column, Hutch Speaks Out, that was published on WorldNetDaily.

"Will my family abandon me? Will my friends still look at me the same? Will this announcement be worth the risk? These are indeed valid concerns that can make a person live like a double agent for years. And even though this decision is acutely personal, it does help to stand alongside someone else who is ready to announce the very same thing," he continued.

The announcement of the burly NFL-linebacker-turned-evangelical-minister-and-author sent some initial shockwaves through the Christian community. He and James Hansen, one of his ministry leaders who is married with three children, are challenging others, especially evangelicals, to come forward and also admit that they are gay.

But the thing is Hutcherson is not a homosexual, nor does the happily married man have a same-sex attraction of any kind. He is, however, on a mission to take back words, phrases and symbols he believes groups, such as homosexual activists and other liberal organizations, have "hijacked" from the American lexicon.

"Seriously, I am the gayest guy I know," Hutcherson reiterated in an interview with The Christian Post.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/evangelical-pastor-ken-hutcherson-i-am-the-gayest-man-i-know-74390/

by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
purpleducky
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Where is a facepalm sweetpea when you need it

DivingDiva
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Maybe video like this will help him in his quest to take back "gay". 

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on May. 4, 2012 at 9:40 PM

jaw dropHow about this? 

Quoting purpleducky:

Where is a facepalm sweetpea when you need it

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on May. 4, 2012 at 9:41 PM

So... this is why he wants the rainbow *nods* gay pride ribbon

sherry132
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I like it.

trippyhippy
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)