Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Profiled at the airport? There's an app for that!

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:39 PM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

Profiled at the Airport?  There's an app for That!       

On Monday, a Sikh advocacy group, the Sikh Coalition, launched a free mobile application that will allow you to immediately upload a complaint to the government if you feel you have been profiled or treated unfairly by airport screeners and personnel. 

The app is named FlyRights, and allows travelers to complain immediately to the government if they feel they've been treated unfairly by airport screeners. 
Makers of the app hope this will help bring transparency to profiling at airports and also provide more accurate data on potential causes.

After completing an airport screening, you can simply go the FlyRights app and click on the "report" button.  You can also share your complaint on social media through the app and find detailed information on your rights as a passenger and TSA policies.

An AP article, picked up by many outlets, including the Washington Post, contains more details about the app and how you can download it today. 
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM
5 moms liked this

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this

What an awesome app!

jehosoba84
by Jenn on May. 5, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

What an awesome app!

Agreed

jehosoba84
by Jenn on May. 5, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Why can't the TSA use the simplest method in the world to choose who they randomly screen?

When we worked security for the gates on post, our seargent would just shout out a number, be it 5, 10, or 7, etc. And we'd count cars/people coming in. The 5th person would be searched. And so on.

stormcris
by Christy on May. 5, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Interesting. I wonder if that complaint file ever gets looked at.

Angeldolphine
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I doubt it! I bet there are far too many and it just makes people feel like they have a voice.

Quoting stormcris:

Interesting. I wonder if that complaint file ever gets looked at.

MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I don't mind racial profiling at the airport.  Anything to keep me and my children get from point a to b without being terrorized by certain racial groupos.

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

I don't mind racial profiling at the airport.  Anything to keep me and my children get from point a to b without being terrorized by certain racial groupos.

Rhodin
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:35 PM
"TSA" isn't a race.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Yeah, but the people bitching about it are one race or another.  I love how people just pretend that they decided to take super precautionary measures for no valid reason.  If a profiled person has nothing to worry about than these precautions should not be such a bother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)