Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Barack Obama, Bill Ayers, Bernardine Dohrn, and Rashid Khalidi

Posted by   + Show Post

With light and love

by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Replies (111-118):
Lunarprancer
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 3:35 PM

You are a lovely woman.

Quoting MeTaL_MoMmA_08:

Luna... I could give some long-winded answer pointing out all the ways you're wrong, but... It's just easier to call you an idiot.

With light and love

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Sorry you chose a loser to father your child

How should I judge you for your association with such a man? You didn't just meet him once...you let him father your child...so your associations define you, according to YOU correct?

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Quoting PurdueMom:

I have no issue with Pres. Obama's association with  Bill Ayers.  Today, Professor Ayers is a distinguished professor at a major university and has contributed a lot to the field of education.  He is also on the board of The Woods Fund, a foundation that supports grassroots change.  He is hardly the person he was in the 60's... none of us are.

So you know him then? Lol, my four year old daughter's father is a "distinguished professor at a major university", yet, he has never held his child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Elvis , Biggie and Tupac are alive and relaxing in a resort style FBI hide out

Or something like that ;)

Quoting Thomigirl:

Oh look Rip Van Winkle and the merry band of trolls are at it again.  I hope you weren't expecting to be taken seriously with these old news stories.  Did you know a man walked on the moon?  Amazing right.  Hold on to your socks - ELVIS IS DEAD.  Oh the horror.  Chant with me now 2012, 2012, 2012.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes.  Meaning everyone who is not a Fascist is considered "liberal."  It's a joke.  

Take someone like Obama, who is a moderate much closer to the middle than the left.  He has been quite moderate in his decisions, everything  from financial regulations to the health care reform is really straight down the middle.  His foreign policy is also very moderate.  People who deny this have a unrealistic notion of the whole spectrum of the right and the left political point of views and what they represent, policy-wise.  Obama is so far from a radical that the idea is laughable.  Radical leftists have a much different agenda than Obama's most liberal campaign promises.  And even further away from what he actually did.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Quoting stacymomof2:

Everything left of Hitler?

12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM

You're joking, right?  Obama is far from a moderate.  You are looking at his decisions after he realized that even with democratic control of both houses there was no way he could pass the health care he originally wanted to pass.  And in regarding foreign policy his decisions have been anything but moderate.  Lets not forget his recent hot mic comments.... 

Quoting stacymomof2:

Yes.  Meaning everyone who is not a Fascist is considered "liberal."  It's a joke.  

Take someone like Obama, who is a moderate much closer to the middle than the left.  He has been quite moderate in his decisions, everything  from financial regulations to the health care reform is really straight down the middle.  His foreign policy is also very moderate.  People who deny this have a unrealistic notion of the whole spectrum of the right and the left political point of views and what they represent, policy-wise.  Obama is so far from a radical that the idea is laughable.  Radical leftists have a much different agenda than Obama's most liberal campaign promises.  And even further away from what he actually did.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Quoting stacymomof2:

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

No, it's not a joke at all.  Even his original proposals were far, far rom radical.  That's what I mean.  Somewhere along the way the definitions have changed in the mind of people from the US.  What I am saying is that people are so convinced the right wing rhetoric is correct, they don't see the big picture.  Government involvement in health care is far from a radical point of view. Almost every rich and proseperous country has a government paid system, yet the only thing the US can cobble together is giving money to third party, private insurance companies, to make sure the corporations get their cut.  That's not even freaking liberal.  

Quoting 12hellokitty:

You're joking, right?  Obama is far from a moderate.  You are looking at his decisions after he realized that even with democratic control of both houses there was no way he could pass the health care he originally wanted to pass.  And in regarding foreign policy his decisions have been anything but moderate.  Lets not forget his recent hot mic comments.... 

Quoting stacymomof2:

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Quoting stacymomof2:

12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Name one that can compare to the US?  The countries I can think of that have government HC are going broke and realising they can no longer sustain a cradle to grave entitlement focused society. 

Quoting stacymomof2:

No, it's not a joke at all.  Even his original proposals were far, far rom radical.  That's what I mean.  Somewhere along the way the definitions have changed in the mind of people from the US.  What I am saying is that people are so convinced the right wing rhetoric is correct, they don't see the big picture.  Government involvement in health care is far from a radical point of view. Almost every rich and proseperous country has a government paid system, yet the only thing the US can cobble together is giving money to third party, private insurance companies, to make sure the corporations get their cut.  That's not even freaking liberal.  

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting stacymomof2:

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Quoting stacymomof2:

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:45 AM

The Netherlands, Sweden, France, Germany, Japan, Canada, England, etc etc.  What do you mean by "compare to" the US?  

Canada's heath care system is excellent and they are not going broke.  The European crisis has little to do with health care and much to do with the same banking irregularities that helped bring this country into a recession.

Just because you want to make a point doesn't make it true.  Most of the countries I named spend less per capita than the US does on health care.    Just look it up, the info is everywhere.  Just make sure you get real statistics, rather than scare stories and spin.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Name one that can compare to the US?  The countries I can think of that have government HC are going broke and realising they can no longer sustain a cradle to grave entitlement focused society. 

Quoting stacymomof2:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting stacymomof2:

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Quoting stacymomof2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN