Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

RSVP - a dying protocol?

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:20 PM
  • 114 Replies
I am throwing my SiL a baby shower next weekend and we sent out about 25 invitations almost a month ago asking for RSVPs by today. I have received four. FOUR!!! In my opinion, it is tacky and unacceptable. A friend of mine is putting together favor bags and I can not tell her how many to make. I dont know how many cake pops to make. And i can't go to the store to buy culs, plates, etc without an estimate on how many people are going to show up. WtFH!!!!! Ladies, do you RSVP when asked to do so?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Yes, I do RSVP.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on May. 5, 2012 at 5:33 PM
2 moms liked this
My son's birthday party is tomorrow. Out of 30+ invitations we've had 4 RSVPs. So somewhere between 4 and 30 will be there. Awesome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jehosoba84
by Jenn on May. 5, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I do rsvp. Noone else does tho. Hell, family members don't even call sometimes when I'm expecting them somewhere and they don't show.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:37 PM
It is so frustrating, isn't it!!! I either have to feed 40 some people (if most bring a plus one) or 10.

Quoting LauraKW:

My son's birthday party is tomorrow. Out of 30+ invitations we've had 4 RSVPs. So somewhere between 4 and 30 will be there. Awesome.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Playitagain
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:37 PM
I get more upset when people rsvp and then don't show up without a call. I threw my kids a birthday last year and none of them showed for my son, 3 or 4 for my daughter. It was horrible even though several rsvpd.
I think its just one of those things, I've noticed though its getting popular to get rsvps for things that are too an email address.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:37 PM

I think we know the same people. I almost always RSVP.

I will say that I was surprised to get graduation announcements from family members that I only seem to see at funerals. One was for my cousin's son. This lovely woman has yet to acknowledge our marriage, the birth of my children let alone send a christmas card. I laughed out loud when I saw their name on the return address of the envelope. I won't be RSVPing to that.

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Quoting LauraKW:

That sucks!

Angeldolphine
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Couldn't you text, facebook or call the people? It is something not done by the younger generation.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:46 PM
I dont know any of the people who havent rsvpd. My brother is supposed to get on the people. Everybody had both my phone # and my email address.

Quoting Angeldolphine:

Couldn't you text, facebook or call the people? It is something not done by the younger generation.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andiemomo3
by Andie on May. 5, 2012 at 6:05 PM
6 moms liked this
RSVP should be done by every generation. Its just common courtesy. I don't care how old you are. If you are asked to tell someone you're coming, then do it. Or don't come. I would never show up at a party that I didn't RSVP to. Horrible manners and rude.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)