Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
I am throwing my SiL a baby shower next weekend and we sent out about 25 invitations almost a month ago asking for RSVPs by today. I have received four. FOUR!!! In my opinion, it is tacky and unacceptable. A friend of mine is putting together favor bags and I can not tell her how many to make. I dont know how many cake pops to make. And i can't go to the store to buy culs, plates, etc without an estimate on how many people are going to show up. WtFH!!!!! Ladies, do you RSVP when asked to do so?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Replies (21-30):
mellie25
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 7:02 PM
No, noone is respectful anymore. The best thing to do is make foods that are freezable for the next shower or party.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PestPatti
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Its the appropriate thing to do.  Whether it says RSVP or REGRETS only.  

My son and daughter in law bridal shower got all messed up.  People didnt respond correctly.    I could have slapped some of them.  No response no show.  NONE of my sister in laws showed or called well except ONE.  And she lives out of state. 

Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 5, 2012 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Lunarprancer:

I do if we will be attending, I don't if we won't.  I am constantly getting invites to things put in my dd's cubby at school.  I don't have time, or the memory really, to politely decline each one.

REALLY?

A 30 second at most, message on an answering machine (no one ever answers their phone anymore).

Manners?

saltyalley1227
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 7:09 PM
I always do. I'd call down the list tomorrow and ask. Had to do that for my wedding. People need to get with the program. Next time just do regrets only and then assume everyone who doesn't call is coming, it's a lot easier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 7:14 PM

If I don't say we will be there, that means we won't, right?  Yes, really.  My daughter is four, I don't know you just because our kids attend a pre-school class together. 

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting Lunarprancer:

I do if we will be attending, I don't if we won't.  I am constantly getting invites to things put in my dd's cubby at school.  I don't have time, or the memory really, to politely decline each one.

REALLY?

A 30 second at most, message on an answering machine (no one ever answers their phone anymore).

Manners?

With light and love

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on May. 5, 2012 at 7:15 PM
People are just rude OR they truly don't know what it means. Make phone calls.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

I am throwing my SiL a baby shower next weekend and we sent out about 25 invitations almost a month ago asking for RSVPs by today. I have received four. FOUR!!! In my opinion, it is tacky and unacceptable. A friend of mine is putting together favor bags and I can not tell her how many to make. I dont know how many cake pops to make. And i can't go to the store to buy culs, plates, etc without an estimate on how many people are going to show up. WtFH!!!!! Ladies, do you RSVP when asked to do so?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on May. 5, 2012 at 7:16 PM
That's just rude.

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting Lunarprancer:

REALLY?

Manners?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_Bama_
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I always call and let them know if I am coming... Usually these days im always invited by Facebook.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 5, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Quoting Lunarprancer:

If I don't say we will be there, that means we won't, right?  Yes, really.  My daughter is four, I don't know you just because our kids attend a pre-school class together. 

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting Lunarprancer:

REALLY?

Manners?

How are you ever going to meet people if you blow off events because "we do not know you?"

Everyone is busy-

Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 5, 2012 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I love the E-vite!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN