Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Why do people stay with their spouse or SO if they cheat on them????

Posted by   + Show Post

I have read a lot of posts on here with people complaining  about their spouse  and SO cheating on them and they still stay with them. Why does a person stay with a person that cheats on them???  I would leave my spouse if he ever cheated on me. I just don't get it. Not sure if this is where this post belongs but I am posting it anyways.

by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
ChancesMommy07
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:34 PM
I've been with my husband for 15 years. If he were to cheat on me I wouldn't automatically just leave. I'm going to try like hell to save my marriage. I would be hurt and it would take work for the trust to come back but I wouldn't just jump ship without trying to fix it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 6, 2012 at 6:39 PM

People have their reasons.

I will never do it.  Never.  Ever.  Hell, at this point in my life, if I even suspect some one I was seeing was cheating I would probably end it.

It just seems to be the way of the world, what people do.  So be it.  Not this chick.  I would much rather be without a man for the rest of my life than ever go through any thing like that again.  It's far too accepted these days.  

punky3175
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you said it better than I could have. I've never been put in the position to decide but I did have suspicions of my ex-husband. Our marriage was already over so I can't say I'd care if he had - it just would have ended hints much sooner.

I can understand people wanting to save their marriages. I just know myself well enough to know that I would very likely never be able to trust him again so there would be no point in working on it.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

People have their reasons.

I will never do it.  Never.  Ever.  Hell, at this point in my life, if I even suspect some one I was seeing was cheating I would probably end it.

It just seems to be the way of the world, what people do.  So be it.  Not this chick.  I would much rather be without a man for the rest of my life than ever go through any thing like that again.  It's far too accepted these days.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heidimoose134
by Momma Moose on May. 6, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I can't say for others. But I wouldn't tolerate it. I'm a generally forgiving person but that is one line that can't be crossed with me. He wouldn't have an opportunity to repeat the action. I'd be gone. 

Woodbabe
by Woodie on May. 6, 2012 at 7:10 PM
4 moms liked this

I think it depends on the situation. A moment of weakness is different from someone pursuing a relationship on the side. For some, the marriage is not something so throw away, but to work on. The man cheating could be seen as a red flag that the relationship is in trouble, and instead of kicking a good man out, he could be worth working through the situation. Many marriages are stronger for it and end up lasting a long time. Life isn't black and white. We're all human and we all make mistakes. Its how you look at and deal with the mistake that matters in the relationship.

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

Jeckyls-mommy
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:11 PM

i stayed with one cuz i was scared to leave him. it was a very abusive relationship...

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:14 PM

I try not to judge those people.

I can say that if my husband cheated on me I would be hurt and probably emotionally damaged for a very long time. If my husband were to have sex with another women, or other women I would be horrified. I don't know that would walk away from our marriage. If my husband fell in love with another person and chose that person over me I wouldn't try to win him back.

My husband hasn't cheated. If he has I have no knowledge of it. If he did cheat and I never found out I think I would be oy with that. -shrug-

Paperfishies
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
For me, I wasn't ready to throw 10 years away just because he was being a selfish prick.
It is hard but I am trying to move past it, in the end it may work or it may not but I believe I owe it to my children to try.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:21 PM

WUZ?   LOL>

Quoting mrs.pina:

i wuz with my ex hubby for 8 yrs and when he cheated on me with my sister it wuz over . I started messing up and i ended up doing the same .except for i didnt do it with any of his family members. So i just left we werent going to work things out .not only that he would beat me so enough wuz enough

lga1965
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I guess I would leave.But then again, maybe not. But I really don't like to discuss personal issues online.

Here's another example of a Relationship question  discussed at Current Events and Hot Topics.

.....sigh.........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)