Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"The Life of Julia" on line ad for Obama...Have you checked it out?

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:20 PM
  • 3 Replies

This is the most demeaning, sexist, piece of crap I have ever seen.  Even the  "Morning Joe" show on MSNBC, which we know falls down on it's knees before Obama, tore it apart.  It starts with Julia going to Headstart.  Then she's in the Race to the Top Program for College so she'll get great SAT scores.  Then she and her family qualify for Obama American Opportunity Tax credits worth up to $10,000 over 4 years; and she'll also receive Pell grants courtesy of the Fed Gov't.  Oh yes, let's not forget that her student loan payments will be based on her income, and they will keep the interest rates low.  Then she gets to stay on parents health insurance till she's 26 because of Obamacare, and continues to prosper because she can concentrate on her career and not wory about her health care. (All of this on the American tax payer's shoulders, and we're broke.)

He gives himself credit for the good schools her kids will attend, and the credits he says he will be giving to small business owners...so she'll be able to open her own web business.  Then when she's 65 she can go on Medicare and then Social Security.

I am not saying that some of these things aren't good.  What I am saying is that he shows a drawing of a fictional  woman who has needed the Gov't her entire life to get through to the end.  In other words, she couldn't have acomplished any of these things on her own.

Of course in the ad, right below his self congratulating comments, is what he says Mitt Romney would do.  But that is not the point here.  He just gave a great ad campaign to the Republicans to use against him.  Cradle to grave government handouts.  I'll bet most Americans didn't know we were shoveling out so much

grandma B

by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Meh, it's an election year and the Obama campaign is trying to draw the distinctions between Obama and Romney.

I don't find it offensive, just silly, but that's probably because I already know what most of the differences are and don't need cartoons to guide me.

I think it's sad that some might.

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:26 PM

One of the members here posted it a couple of days ago. I can't remember who though.

Tanya93
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Many people think you can't get ahead if the government isn't there to force it.    Some believe that any opportunity to allow anyone not white, male, and Christian to advance is awful and hateful to white, male Christians.  So it must be forced

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured