Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

YOU'RE TOO FAT TO FLY!

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:27 PM
  • 129 Replies

by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ButterMeUp
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 4:27 PM
9 moms liked this

Really? C'mon she is still a huge woman and she has got to know she needed to get two seats before hand. I'm sorry air lines should not have to spend millions to widen every seat because people do not want to lose weight. Being over weight is a personal problem that does not involve SWA. Now she wants money....for what? Being told the truth! Just seems like she is a self entitled person who saw her pay day. 

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on May. 7, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Really? C'mon she is still a huge woman and she has got to know she needed to get two seats before hand. I'm sorry air lines should not have to spend millions to widen every seat because people do not want to lose weight. Being over weight is a personal problem that does not involve SWA. Now she wants money....for what? Being told the truth! Just seems like she is a self entitled person who saw her pay day. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stormcris
by Christy on May. 7, 2012 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I have seen some airplane seating....I have never quite understood how a person can take up two seats so I am not sure how they can charge for them. Take the below for instance...how can they charge for two seats?

jehosoba84
by Jenn on May. 7, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Agreed.

jehosoba84
by Jenn on May. 7, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Quoting stormcris:

I have seen some airplane seating....I have never quite understood how a person can take up two seats so I am not sure how they can charge for them. Take the below for instance...how can they charge for two seats?

Most all planes I've flown on do not have dividers like that between seats. There is a simple armrest that can be lifted up to accomodate a larger passenger.

stormcris
by Christy on May. 7, 2012 at 4:34 PM

OH ok that makes a lot more sense then.

Quoting jehosoba84:

Quoting stormcris:

Most all planes I've flown on do not have dividers like that between seats. There is a simple armrest that can be lifted up to accomodate a larger passenger.

Fear of serious injury alone cannot justify oppression of free speech and assembly. Men feared witches and burnt women. It is the function of speech to free men from the bondage of irrational fears.
Louis D. Brandeis
heidimoose134
by Momma Moose on May. 7, 2012 at 4:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Fat rolls hanging over the sides? 

Quoting stormcris:

MeTaL_MoMmA_08
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Agreed!!

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting stormcris:

In that instance I don't think they can.  However, most planes I have been on, the aisle armrest is permanent like these pictured here.  However, the armrests in between seats can fold up between the seatbacks.  In that situation it would be quite easy for someone to physically sit on 2 seats.  We've done that for the boys naps when they were young on a not-full flight.  Or even now when one of the boys is in the seat next to me, we fold up the armrest between us so that he can kind of lean on my lap to get a more restful position.

I would think it would be pretty straight forward.  If someone is physically going to take up 2 seats, then charge them for 2 seats.  If they are physically going to take up only 1 seat, then charge them for only 1 seat.  But maybe that's just too logical.

FTR - OP - I didn't view the video because I can't do that here at work.

GLWerth
by Gina on May. 7, 2012 at 4:43 PM
20 moms liked this

So, she should just stay in her home and never go anywhere because she's fat.

Sorry, but being fat doesn't make one  less deserving of basic humanity.

I notice it is always the fat woman people decide to pick at.

Not the fat man. Not the guy who has shoulders so wide that they intrude into the next seat, not the guy who falls asleep on your shoulder.

It's never the business guy who has his elbows in your face the whole time as he works his laptop.

It's never the woman who doused herself in perfume before entering the plane, making it hard to breathe...they're all just fine, but bob forbid you carry even a pound of extra weight and you are the worst person around and not worthy of being on a plane.

But yes, fat people are evil and shouldn't ever be allowed to leave their homes while fat.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)