Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Woman Attacked by 'Tame' Cheetahs While Husband Snaps Photos (VIDEO) Are you surprised that this woman was attacked by the 'tame' cheetahs?

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:22 PM
  • 21 Replies

Woman Attacked by 'Tame' Cheetahs While Husband Snaps Photos (VIDEO)

Posted by Jacqueline Burt on May 7, 2012

cheetahStop me if you've heard this one before: Woman celebrates her 60th birthday by going to a South African game preserve with her husband. To pet the pretty cheetahs, of course! Because, as staff at the game preserve assures the couple, the cheetahs are "extremely tame."

Or ... not.

Before you get too worried, the birthday gal will live to see 61, but of course the cheetahs (a pair of brothers named Mark and Monty) attacked Scottish tourist Violet D'Mello. Because, well ... they're cheetahs.

Okay, why does this kind of thing seem to happen, like, all the time? Wild animals are WILD ANIMALS, no matter where they happen to live or how "accustomed" to humans they seem.

Why, why must people continue to deny that these are dangerous creatures? Even D'Mello's husband didn't fully grasp what was going on at first ...

And by "didn't fully grasp," I mean he kept snapping pictures even as his wife was being mauled by the giant cats. (I'm assuming he realized something a little more serious than some good-natured roughhousing was going on when he saw blood.)

At least Violet has a nice keepsake photo album! "Memories of My 60th Birthday." Aww, how sweet.

Cripes. I guess you can't really blame this couple, because the game preserve people DID say they could pet the cheetahs, but ... people, it's time to drop the Dr. Doolittle fantasies. Imagine talking to a tiger, chatting with a cheetah ... no!! We can't walk with the animals, talk with the animals!

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

Are you surprised that this woman was attacked by the 'tame' cheetahs?

by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on May. 7, 2012 at 6:25 PM
I am not at all surprised.
Arroree
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:32 PM
2 moms liked this

No surprise here at the attack.

I AM a bit disturbed that this man stood there snapping pictures of his wifes attack rather than jumping in to help her in any way. I'd personally throw hubs to cheetahs if he'd just stood there taking pics while i was being mauled.

fryshannon34
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I am not surprised at all. I think those poor Cheetahs are being used to make money for someone and people are stupid for going there and encouraging it. They probably werent attacking her anyway maybe just playing

Radarma
by "OneDar" on May. 7, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Not surprised, and I surely would never take my kids into  an enclosure with these kitties.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Shouldn't the title of this post be "Stupid People get in cage with wild animals"?

Islandmom2boys
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Not at all surprised.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dustinsmom1
by JENN on May. 7, 2012 at 7:40 PM

They are wild animals. They are not pets. Period. People take their own lives in their hands when they try to keep these animals as pets. Its stupid. And unfair to the animals that will now have to be put down due to these peoples stupidity.

SlingsAndThings
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Am I surprised she got attacked by wild animals? Um no. No matter how "tame" they are they're still animals- large ones with instincts and sharp teeth.

I mean lord family dogs will snap from time to time and we expect big cats not to?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Cheetahs are wild animals, they are not "tame". So no, I'm not surprised. 

ms.sophsmom
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 8:58 PM
No shock from me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured