Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

White supremacists trained with AK-47s, planned for 'inevitable' race war-Edit w/a ?

Posted by   + Show Post

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-07/news/os-white-supremacist-arrests-osceola-20120507_1_crime-charges-conspiracy-charges-crime-and-criminal-conspiracy

Nearly five miles from the nearest paved road, on a compound surrounded by barbed wire in a desolate area of Osceola County, investigators say Marcus Faella was preparing his troops for war.

Race war.

Faella — who sees himself and his compatriots as "protectors of the white race" — was convinced it was "inevitable," and planned to kill Jews, immigrants and minorities, according to a recently filed affidavit. As they trained in firearm and hand-to-hand combat, members of the white supremacist group American Front discussed acts of violence and disruption with targets including Orlando's City Hall, authorities allege.

They also discussed manufacturing Ricin, the affidavit says, a deadly poison "which is categorized as a Weapon of Mass Destruction."

Faella, his wife Patricia, and at least six others have been arrested since Friday on several charges, one of which involves "paramilitary training" — specifically, teaching another person to either make or use a firearm or destructive device while knowing or intending that it "will be unlawfully employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder within the United States."

Authorities on Monday would not reveal any details about the investigation or the crimes. However, the affidavit obtained by the Sentinel states the arrests came after a nearly two-year investigation, which unearthed heavy duty firearms purchases and training for "the upcoming race war."

According to the affidavit, Faella had a firearm stockpile on his property on Harris Road east of Holopaw. In a addition to barbed wire, the compound has been fortified with railroad timbers, cement pilings and other building materials, and stocked with ammunition and military-style meals ready to eat, or MREs. He had also cut firing ports into the walls of his trailer.

During shooting drills, documents state, Faella used a racial slur in instructing American Front members to imagine their targets were the heads of African Americans. In July 2011, a U.S. National Guardsman who is also a member of the group's Missouri chapter gave training in hand-to-hand-combat and edged weapons, the affidavit says.

Marcus Faella, 39, and Patricia Faella, 36, were jailed in Osceola County on Friday and have since been released after posting $500,000 bond each. Florida corporation filings show the couple and Mark McGowan — who was arrested Sunday — officially incorporated American Front Inc. last year, with the stated purpose of "Religious and cultural preservation of the European people."

But the Anti-Defamation League identifies American Front as "a racist skinhead group" active in several states, with membership mostly limited to Florida and California. And the Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office, in a statement, referred to the group as a "domestic terrorist organization."

The arrests followed an investigation by the FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force and the Metropolitan Bureau of Investigation.

"This investigation is a result of our on-going partnership with local law enforcement and federal agencies in a concentrated effort to stamp out hate crime in our community," State Attorney Lawson Lamar said in a statement, adding his office "will review the investigation and will file the appropriate criminal charges."

The affidavit filed to secure warrants for the Faellas and other AF members details startling allegations:

•In November 2010, Marcus Faella "began intently expressing his vision to create an 'Aryan Compound' where all the AF members could live when the United States government fails."

•On Feb. 28, during one of several "mandatory" firearms training sessions detailed in the affidavit, Faella "started planning to cause a disturbance at City Hall in Orlando." He allegedly explained that the group had been "dormant" for too long and wanted to attract media attention for recruiting.

•On March 17, a member was tasked with infiltrating another skinhead group that opposes racial prejudice. Faella also discussed targeting members of that group for an ambush.

The affidavit details a wide array of weapons possessed by the group, from AK-47 assault rifles to sharpened screw-drivers authorities say some members carried to avoid being charged with carrying concealed weapons if arrested.

When AF members decided to disrupt a rival group's May 1 anarchist protest, the affidavit says, the signs they planned to carry were modified to double as weapons. Its unclear if the protest or counter-protest took place.

In a 2011 report, the ADL detailed the American Front's activities, with members in Winter Park, St. Cloud, Cocoa and Satsuma. The American Front is also being tracked by the Southern Poverty Law Center, which keeps tabs on hate groups.

"We've been aware of Marcus Faella since 1993 when he was a member of the Confederate Hammerskins, a violent skinhead group, and head of the Melbourne chapter," said SPLC spokesman Mark Potok in a telephone interview.

Copyright © 2012, Orlando Sentinel

From left to right: Paul Jackson, Jennifer McGowan, Mark McGowan, Kent McLellan and Diane Stevens were arrested on hate crime charges in Osceola County, records show.

I know 3 of the people pictured from school. UGH, my town is nuts!

Edit:
With all the talk about extremist groups going on in here, do you think the title of the article is true? Is a race war inevitable?
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Replies (21-30):
Lizard_Lina
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Well duh. They're hate mongers. It's a shame you can't say the same for all races and instead this only applies to white people.

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Wtf does that even mean? Because they're white, white people should back them up? No matter what? That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard. It was both racist and offensive.

Quoting Radarma:

Interesting that no one white feels compelled to defend these folk.

Nope.

Not what it means at all; in fact, what it means is that BECAUSE you (gen you) are white you are NOT going to come rally to the defense, SIMPLY because you are white. We do not feel that "brotherhood bond".

I do not see anyone here defending these dumbasses.

Nor would I expect to.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shortiekt
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM
2 moms liked this
In what instances do other races/ethnicities rally based solely on their commonality of collie color?

I don't agree with people because they're black.. I only agree with people I deem 'right.'

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Wtf does that even mean? Because they're white, white people should back them up? No matter what? That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard. It was both racist and offensive.

Quoting Radarma:

Nope.

Not what it means at all; in fact, what it means is that BECAUSE you (gen you) are white you are NOT going to come rally to the defense, SIMPLY because you are white. We do not feel that "brotherhood bond".

Nor would I expect to.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Radarma
by "OneDar" on May. 7, 2012 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Shortiekt:

In what instances do other races/ethnicities rally based solely on their commonality of collie color?

I don't agree with people because they're black.. I only agree with people I deem 'right.'

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Quoting Radarma:

Nope.

Nor would I expect to.

I just notice an interesting dynamic, both here, in the press and IRL. Wanna hear about it? Ok.

When someone brown does something awful; within brown communities you see a reaction of justification, rationalization, "well they must've done something to cause/deserve that beating"...and "oh they are just young dumb-shits"...and..."well they didn't die did they?" (said of vics); whereas when someone white does something disgusting/heinous...you do not see this outpouring of support, and justification, and lack of condemnation based on act(s).

I think this deals with the degree to which various cultures self identify based on race, but that is probably too heavy for this board. Let's talk light, and breezy instead.

I made Cajun chicken and jambalaya tonight, and it is still hot outside.

Shortiekt
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:59 PM
See the problem is usually the loudest and most visible people are usually the least intelligent. I like to call these people the 'loud and wrongs.' Lol

Can you send me some food? I broke my hand and can't cook... I'm so sick of fast food!

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting Shortiekt:

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Quoting Radarma:

Nope.

Nor would I expect to.

I just notice an interesting dynamic, both here, in the press and IRL. Wanna hear about it? Ok.

When someone brown does something awful; within brown communities you see a reaction of justification, rationalization, "well they must've done something to cause/deserve that beating"...and "oh they are just young dumb-shits"...and..."well they didn't die did they?" (said of vics); whereas when someone white does something disgusting/heinous...you do not see this outpouring of support, and justification, and lack of condemnation based on act(s).

I think this deals with the degree to which various cultures self identify based on race, but that is probably too heavy for this board. Let's talk light, and breezy instead.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Radarma
by "OneDar" on May. 8, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Quoting Shortiekt:

See the problem is usually the loudest and most visible people are usually the least intelligent. I like to call these people the 'loud and wrongs.' Lol

Can you send me some food? I broke my hand and can't cook... I'm so sick of fast food!

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting Shortiekt:

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Quoting Radarma:

Nope.

Nor would I expect to.

It's the silence of the crowd that has me most puzzled of late.

I just sent my mom a couple weeks of food delivered, for M-Day this weekend. The woman needs nothing, and has taken on the daunting task of raising my niece during her Jr. and Sr. year of HS, since my sister is a joke of a mom, and my mom likes to cook as much as me. NOT AT ALL. lol

There, we can talk about that, cooking. lol

Arroree
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:04 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Radarma:

Why in the world would anyone want to defend these people, regardless of our skin color??? What is there to defend? The things these people were doing, trying to do and planning to do are heinous. Anyone who would defend them, their actions and their plans is just as bad a nasty racist psycho as they are.

Shortiekt
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Everyone is quiet! There must be some good movie on or something.

Well as far as food... I would love some lobster bisque right now!

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting Shortiekt:

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting Shortiekt:

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Quoting Radarma:

Nope.

Nor would I expect to.

I just sent my mom a couple weeks of food delivered, for M-Day this weekend. The woman needs nothing, and has taken on the daunting task of raising my niece during her Jr. and Sr. year of HS, since my sister is a joke of a mom, and my mom likes to cook as much as me. NOT AT ALL. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Radarma
by "OneDar" on May. 8, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Quoting Shortiekt:

Everyone is quiet! There must be some good movie on or something.

Well as far as food... I would love some lobster bisque right now!

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting Shortiekt:

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting Shortiekt:

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Quoting Radarma:

Nope.

Nor would I expect to.

How did you break your hand? I broke my ass (coccyx) one year. No shit...fell hard carrying a heavy load, onto my ass. Talk about discomfort, holy misery. Myabe had I gotten my hand down first I would have broke that too.

Radarma
by "OneDar" on May. 8, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Quoting Arroree:

Quoting Radarma:

Why in the world would anyone want to defend these people, regardless of our skin color??? What is there to defend? The things these people were doing, trying to do and planning to do are heinous. Anyone who would defend them, their actions and their plans is just as bad a nasty racist psycho as they are.

I agree with ya! Note no one comes on the post and talks about "demonizing white folk" either. 

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Thats like saying since im black I should have defended the black panthers when they decides to put a bounty on george zimmermens head, or at any other time when they spew their hate.
Quoting Radarma:

I just find it curious that Caucasians don't necessarily feel a "cultural bond" based on skin color; whereas, other ethnicities DO.

Perhaps I am the only one to notice this dynamic, but I doubt it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN