Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I believe in racial profiling. Now before you get offended, know that if there was some racial profiling that was against short, brunettes with pale skin, I'd be ok with being racially profiled. Now I think maybe if your at the airport and know you fit a profile, you should account for extra time. Also if your found to not be a threat that they hold your plane for you or somethig to its not so unfair. But yes I totally think its ok and that we should be doing it! If it prevents another 911, wouldn't it be worth it??

http://m.npr.org/story/152207969?url=/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/05/07/152207969/reports-cia-thwarts-new-more-sophisticated-underwear-bomber
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Replies (91-100):
futureshock
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Quoting Raintree:

Frankly, I'm all for profiling people who don't know the difference between your and you're.

lol!

futureshock
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

Who does your nails?
Who does the lawns in your neighborhood?
Who was the arrogant jack ass in his lexis that cut you of this week?
Who drives most of the 1991 cadillacs on the road today?
Not saying anything is good or bad, but there are stereotypes based on reality.
Of course not everyone will fit and I don't believe anyone should be treated different based on skin color but at least from where I sit, there are types in each race...
Quoting Shortiekt:

Which stereotype and what display in reality?

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

I don't know if profiling is fair but I do believe stereotypes are based off reality.

lol

Which stereotype is this?

KC33
by Kim on May. 8, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Everyone should be scrutinized equally when flying or not at all.

Don't forget, even with all these new security measures in place,  people are still boarding planes with weapons and bombs.

futureshock
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Quoting muslimahpj:

OP, answer me this, please. How can one be racially profiled if they are being profiled because of their religion?

I asked someone else in another post this same question and I never got an answer.

Plus how can you tell a person's race if they are wearing a burqa?

CjEmmemommy
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Around me its always been an over weight older white guy:) ha
In a big truck its a young white guy & if its a large nice SUV she is blond and on her cell:) seems the whites around here think they make their own traffic and parking laws, they may think that way bc they have money but I know its bc they are arrogant assholes!!! :)))
Quoting futureshock:

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

Who does your nails?
Who does the lawns in your neighborhood?
Who drives most of the 1991 cadillacs on the road today?
Not saying anything is good or bad, but there are stereotypes based on reality.
Of course not everyone will fit and I don't believe anyone should be treated different based on skin color but at least from where I sit, there are types in each race...
Quoting Shortiekt:

Which stereotype and what display in reality?

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

I don't know if profiling is fair but I do believe stereotypes are based off reality.

lol

Which stereotype is this?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jewels5525
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

So then its ok to pull over all teenagers because they might have just robbed a store?

Quoting mommy2b39465:

I agree with you, racially profiling should be used, in my opinion, when used by trained officials. I don't want another 911. I don't want a kid getting away from robbing a store because the police are afraid they might be considered to be profiling him. That shouldn't be a concern, they should be able to to see a potential threat and check it out.

workoutmom2b1g
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Thanks for sharing

mommy2b39465
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:05 PM

no, but if a policeman sees a teenager with pants sagging halfway past his butt with a hoodie pulled over his head and his arms stuck in the pockets, he should be able to say 'that kid kinda looks suspicious, I think I'll stick around and keep an eye on him until he leaves the store....'

Quoting jewels5525:

So then its ok to pull over all teenagers because they might have just robbed a store?

Quoting mommy2b39465:

I agree with you, racially profiling should be used, in my opinion, when used by trained officials. I don't want another 911. I don't want a kid getting away from robbing a store because the police are afraid they might be considered to be profiling him. That shouldn't be a concern, they should be able to to see a potential threat and check it out.

jewels5525
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:25 PM
2 moms liked this

That kid doesn't look suspicious, that kid looks like many other kids, wearing what is in style today. He isn't doing anything to warrant anything other than what he is wearing.

Quoting mommy2b39465:

no, but if a policeman sees a teenager with pants sagging halfway past his butt with a hoodie pulled over his head and his arms stuck in the pockets, he should be able to say 'that kid kinda looks suspicious, I think I'll stick around and keep an eye on him until he leaves the store....'

Quoting jewels5525:

Quoting mommy2b39465:

YOU DON'T SPEAK FOR ME

www.youravon.com/julietomlinson
Raintree
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Look. If you would write more coherently, I might be able to fathom out what you're speaking of. Yes, we've often had issues where Americans have been captured and used in this way- and we have a general policy in place already.

This ain't new. Not in the slightest.

Who said anything about fun/loving/peaceful in regards to terrorists? No one, but yourself so far.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

What are you talking about?  This is a REAL issue in the news that been happening for some time now.  This man American being held and was forced to go on video to beg for his life. 

Terrorists...what fun, loving, and peaceful people.devil

Quoting Raintree:

"If Obama does not meet terrorists demands, he will be killed"

Where do you live? Planet Conspiracy? Planet Right-Wing-Hack? Planet No-One-Different-Than-Me?

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

It's nice that you have a good relationship with your neighbors. 

Quoting kailu1835:

My husband and I are good friends with our muslim neighbors.  My husband is non-religious, and I am Christian.  Do you mean to tell me that one day sweet and fun H and her husband are going to rise up and strike us dead?   Yeah, that's about as likely as any of my other friends murdering us.  You need to get a realistic grip on things, and not believe what you hear from radical so-called Christians.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Just on the Stir today, is an article about an American man being kidnapped by terrorists and being forced to beg for his life by video.  If Obama does not meet terrorists demands he will be killed. 

The `peaceful' facade of the muslim faith is a  mere smokescreen for terrorism and violence against Christians and or pretty much anyone that is NOT muslim.  Time and time and TIME again,  this has proven to be the case.

Quoting Rocker-Momma:

I believe in racial profiling. Now before you get offended, know that if there was some racial profiling that was against short, brunettes with pale skin, I'd be ok with being racially profiled. Now I think maybe if your at the airport and know you fit a profile, you should account for extra time. Also if your found to not be a threat that they hold your plane for you or somethig to its not so unfair. But yes I totally think its ok and that we should be doing it! If it prevents another 911, wouldn't it be worth it??

http://m.npr.org/story/152207969?url=/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/05/07/152207969/reports-cia-thwarts-new-more-sophisticated-underwear-bomber

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured