Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

For those of you who would like to see Planned Parenthood defunded...

Posted by   + Show Post

Is the thought process behind defunding Planned Parenthood that it will end abortion?  Do you believe that if PP no longer existed, then there would be no place for women to go for an abortion?

Abortions only account for 3% of the services provided by PP, and PP could survive if it stopped performing abortions.   However, PP is not the only abortion provider in the USA.  There are and always will be other facilities/physicians for women to turn to when they want to abort.  If PP were to stop performing abortions, these clinics will see a need and will just build more clinics in which to perform abortions.

Abortions are legal.  Defunding PP only hurts women.   

Sherri

by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Replies (11-20):
joci2203
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:38 AM
I do not want to see that and if you do, then you are a disgrace to women and men.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:42 AM
3 moms liked this

It is a shame that females would be against anything that takes away a womans right. PP is not just abortion, is BC information, and depending on the location, there are exams and cheaper/free help given.

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Another thing pp does that i discovered recently is provide low cost or no cost attorneys for family court. They even helped a MAN (Eeek!) get an attorney because although he paid child support, his children's mother would often use the kids as a pawn for either more money or to insist he not date anyone else forever. She was such a jerk, it wasn't about if or how his girlfriend met the kids, he wasn't allowed to date at all. Before he got legal help, he was allowed to see them maybe once every few months, if it didn't interrupt her schedule at all and if she didn't feel like punishing him for whatever she felt like or even when she was mad at his sister. But those days are over, planned parenthood actually helps parents, end of story. Gender and type of help seem to be as varied as they can provide, those rotten, murderous bastards.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Citygirlk
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Aint that a bitch.

Quoting Sisteract:

Against abortion

Against insurance coverage for BC

Against welfare

Against wic

Against fs

Against public education

Against anything that does not personally and + affect them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shortiekt
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 1:04 AM
14 moms liked this
I'm still trying to figure out who's adopting all these damn kids when abortion is no longer an option.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sisteract:

Against abortion

Against insurance coverage for BC

Against welfare

Against wic

Against fs

Against public education

Against anything that does not personally and + affect them.

Love the fetus, couldn't care less about the actual born.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on May. 8, 2012 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this

drinking 

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 1:14 AM
2 moms liked this
No one dont you get it, it doesnt matter what happens to them after they're born just as long as they're born.

Quoting Shortiekt:

I'm still trying to figure out who's adopting all these damn kids when abortion is no longer an option.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babydoll845
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 1:50 AM
3 moms liked this
Im against abortion! Im not against birthcontrol or people being on PA the economy is bad jobs are hard to come by and alot of people are struggling! Im also all for taxing the rich, no offense for those that are rich if they make more they should be taxed more lord knows the poor and middle class get taxed to death! Im just against any organization that performs abortions period no matter how many or few they perform they are still taking an innocent life and Im sure there is more to it then you know!! If they just did paps std checks breast exams and birthcontrol then I wouldnt dislike it so much! Thats where I stand on these topics!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arroree
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Quoting babydoll845:

If they just did paps std checks breast exams and birthcontrol then I wouldnt dislike it so much!

But you'd still dislike it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN