Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those of you who would like to see Planned Parenthood defunded...

Posted by   + Show Post

Is the thought process behind defunding Planned Parenthood that it will end abortion?  Do you believe that if PP no longer existed, then there would be no place for women to go for an abortion?

Abortions only account for 3% of the services provided by PP, and PP could survive if it stopped performing abortions.   However, PP is not the only abortion provider in the USA.  There are and always will be other facilities/physicians for women to turn to when they want to abort.  If PP were to stop performing abortions, these clinics will see a need and will just build more clinics in which to perform abortions.

Abortions are legal.  Defunding PP only hurts women.   

Sherri

by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Replies (261-270):
meriana
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:58 PM

PP was supposedly formed because a group of people claimed they cared about low income women and wanted to provide them with low cost health care. Then when it appears they will lose state and/or federal funding, they claim they'll have to close clinics, depriving those women they "care about" access to the health care they provided. Kinda funny how they say they'll have to close clinics due to lack of funds but they still manage to collect their 250-400,000 dollar a year paychecks. Guess providing low cost health care to low income women is worth caring about only if one is making a VERY nice living at it.

babydoll845
by Member on May. 10, 2012 at 12:27 AM
I dont want to help fund abortions out of the taxes I have to pay because its Murder! I dont mind it going for wemons health or PA because that is completly different! Even in the first trimester the baby has a heartbeat and cells if that isnt the begining of life I dont know what is! The dumbazzes who compare it to tumors are just that dumbazzes idiots morons exc because it is a life a life thats in the process of forming! Theres adoption!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on May. 10, 2012 at 12:28 AM

^^^^ Cannot spell.

babydoll845
by Member on May. 10, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Dang typo! are you a crazy school teacher or are you just being a biotch because you know that Im correct and it makes you feel small! Either way you cant seem to have a practical debate thats ok people who have nothing better to do then point out a spelling mishap via computer have no lives!! And you cant read!! If you want to get kindergarden about it lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babydoll845
by Member on May. 10, 2012 at 1:05 AM
Dang typo! are you a crazy school teacher or are you just being a biotch because you know that Im correct and it makes you feel small! Either way you cant seem to have a practical debate thats ok people who have nothing better to do then point out a spelling mishap via computer have no lives!! And you cant read!! If you want to get kindergarden about it lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReginaStar
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Quoting I_told_you_so:

Goes to show you that you know nothing about Government health funding.  Government funds have not been allowed for use for abortions for many years.  They NEVER paid for any abortions through PP.  Any funds for abortions have come from the individual, although some of the money an individual pays MAY come from a welfare check.   Should we stop paying welfare because THAT money could pay for an abortion?

You ASSUME that health departments and other organizations provide free or low cost services that PP provides.  In many places, there isn't any other place to go.  You either go to the PP, or you can go to a hospital, and unless it's a public hospital that accepts charity cases, end up paying a fortune.  

Honestly, before people start going on about what they DO, why don't they CHECK to find out what they ACTUALLY do instead of listening to what the Catholic Bishops have to say about it - they have an alternative reason to be against PP - because of the contraception they give out.  Many Christians just listen to what is said and TRUST that it's right.  If you're going to shut down PP because of the abortions, then open a charity that will take care of the NON-abortion medical work for women that is needed.

Quoting ReginaStar:

The thought behind it clearly to remove the involuntary choice of having to pay for something they do not support are very much against.

All other services could be provided for by Health Departments and other organizations that provide those things without providing free abortions with gov. funding.

The only reason why some communities don't have health departments, etc to provide those services is b/c the PP is doing it. The only PP's in my state are in the Atlanta area. And yet all the rest of the towns even small ones have health departments that offer bc services.

Jaliyah  My video here

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on May. 10, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Define "they", as I'm fairly certain PP employs (or contracts with) thousands.

Quoting meriana:

PP was supposedly formed because a group of people claimed they cared about low income women and wanted to provide them with low cost health care. Then when it appears they will lose state and/or federal funding, they claim they'll have to close clinics, depriving those women they "care about" access to the health care they provided. Kinda funny how they say they'll have to close clinics due to lack of funds but they still manage to collect their 250-400,000 dollar a year paychecks. Guess providing low cost health care to low income women is worth caring about only if one is making a VERY nice living at it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on May. 10, 2012 at 8:40 AM
For the 875th time, taxes are not used to pay for abortions. They can not be used to pay for abortions. It is illegal to use taxpayer funds to pay for abortions. This has been stated repeatedly in here.

Quoting babydoll845:

I dont want to help fund abortions out of the taxes I have to pay because its Murder! I dont mind it going for wemons health or PA because that is completly different! Even in the first trimester the baby has a heartbeat and cells if that isnt the begining of life I dont know what is! The dumbazzes who compare it to tumors are just that dumbazzes idiots morons exc because it is a life a life thats in the process of forming! Theres adoption!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
I_told_you_so
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Tax funds do not pay for abortions.  PP is not 100% funded by the government, and there are laws that state that PP can't use the funds they do get from the Government for abortions.

I can tell you that the majority of women who support the Pro-Choice movement are not Pro-Abortion.  They are anti-Government legislating morality and anti-government making laws about their uterus'.  They want religious organizations OUT of politics, and to stop telling everyone else what they can and can't do with their bodies.  They want those women who DO make the difficult choice to terminate a pregnancy to be able to get adequate health care and not be at the mercy of a guy or old lady who dropped out of cheapo medical school or who can't get a job in a real hospital so they are doing abortions in the dirty backrooms of illegal clinics.  

There was a (Non-PP) clinic in Philadelphia PA that was doing partial birth abortions (DE does not allow partial birth abortions - so some were started in DE and told to go to PA to finish), and it was proven that the clinics were dirty and other bad things were going on there.  Because they are able to regulate these medical clinics, they were able to shut them down based on health code violations, and the partial birth abortions that were started in DE were charged because they proved they were started here.  This was NOT a PP clinic, and PP assisted with the police in stopping this clinic, and helping to treat the women who were damaged by the criminal doctors.  PP did not do any abortions in either city in connection to this case.  

If you think that defunding PP will stop abortions, you're wrong.  The majority of abortions are done in non-PP clinics and by private doctors.  Rich girls will always have access to abortions even if abortions are made illegal, because their doctors will not call them abortions.   We used to have 2 abortion clinics in town, but they merged into one clinic.  Neither place was a PP clinic, and the clinic here now is not PP.  The PP office here doesn't do medical procedures - they refer and give pay vouchers as well as give out condoms and help with birth control.  You know what?  The Catholics picket PP like there's no tomorrow, but they don't picket the clinic where the abortions are being done.  No one does.  It can't be because they don't know about it - everyone knows about it.

Quoting babydoll845:

I_told_you_so
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 10:50 PM

The people feeding information to those who oppose abortions constantly fail to explain that, and anyone who even suggests that taxes aren't used to fund the abortions is considered part of the "problem" and are too "liberal" to know the "truth".  Saw that on Faux News.  It's kind of like the Birther movement and the Obama Muslim thing - you show them the truth and they still can't see it.

Quoting LauraKW:

For the 875th time, taxes are not used to pay for abortions. They can not be used to pay for abortions. It is illegal to use taxpayer funds to pay for abortions. This has been stated repeatedly in here.

Quoting babydoll845:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured