Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

John Travolta blasts sexual assault suit, says he'll sue plaintiff *update on another charge*

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:48 AM
  • 13 Replies

John Travolta is being sued by a male masseur who claims the actor tried to have sex with him during a massage session -- but the "Pulp Fiction" star's rep labeled the claims "complete fiction" and threatened legal action in response.

Court documents filed in Los Angeles claim Travolta, 58, touched the unnamed plaintiff's genitals, propositioned him and touched himself lewdly.

The lawsuit claims Travolta booked the massage from an online advertisement and offered to pick the man up in his black Lexus SUV. The pair then drove to the Beverly Hills Hotel before continuing on to the actor's personal bungalow.

Travolta allegedly stripped naked in front of the masseur before beginning the massage. After about an hour Travolta allegedly rubbed the man's leg and touched his genitals.

The plaintiff said he told Travolta he would not have sex with him but claims the "Saturday Night Fever" star responded by offering to perform a sexual act.

The lawsuit goes on to say that Travolta subsequently masturbated and told the masseur that his Hollywood career could only progress "due to sexual favors."

"None of the events claimed in the suit ever occurred"

- John Travolta's rep

The masseur is seeking $2 million plus punitive damages.

Travolta's rep said in a statement to E! News that the claims were a lie and the "Grease" star was on the East Coast on the day the incident allegedly occurred.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/05/08/john-travolta-blasts-sexual-assault-suit-says-hell-sue-plaintiff/#ixzz1uHITvUgV

A second male therapist, who was allegedly sexually assaulted by Travolta at an Atlanta hotel on January 25, was added to the lawsuit Tuesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/08/showbiz/travolta-lawsuit/index.html

Fear of serious injury alone cannot justify oppression of free speech and assembly. Men feared witches and burnt women. It is the function of speech to free men from the bondage of irrational fears.
Louis D. Brandeis
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joyfree
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:30 AM
2 moms liked this

I do hope this is not true, for the sake of his family. They've been through a lot of tragedy with the death of their son and just recently had a new baby. It stinks.

romalove
by Roma on May. 8, 2012 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

There have been rumors that Travolta is gay for, well, forever.  This will not aid him in telling people he's straight.

I hope it's not true but I'm withholding judgment.  Celebs are always targets for money hungry blackmailers, but sometimes celebs are just creeps.

stormcris
by Christy on May. 8, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Yep.

Quoting romalove:

There have been rumors that Travolta is gay for, well, forever.  This will not aid him in telling people he's straight.

I hope it's not true but I'm withholding judgment.  Celebs are always targets for money hungry blackmailers, but sometimes celebs are just creeps.

Fear of serious injury alone cannot justify oppression of free speech and assembly. Men feared witches and burnt women. It is the function of speech to free men from the bondage of irrational fears.
Louis D. Brandeis
jehosoba84
by Jenn on May. 8, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I'm trying to remember if it was John Travolta that my teacher (a massage therapist who sometimes worked at the resort) told us about several years ago. A celebrity and his wife were banned from the resort at Carmel, Ca because this this exact behavior. I'm pretty sure it was him.

I, for one, believe every word of it.

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I laughed

denise3680
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:06 AM

lol, so this guy is traumatized by this continued come one, that he stayed, watched and now needs 2 million to go on with his life:/  Even if the rumors of him being gay are true, this story may be a total fabrication to get some money out of a star.

nb34
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I have my doubts. But hey, you never know what nasty things people are capable of doing.

jehosoba84
by Jenn on May. 8, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Quoting denise3680:

lol, so this guy is traumatized by this continued come one, that he stayed, watched and now needs 2 million to go on with his life:/  Even if the rumors of him being gay are true, this story may be a total fabrication to get some money out of a star.

I'm not sure I understand your first line, but I'll reply anyway.  It is true that this 'masseur' should have immediately left the room/ended the session as soon as travolta grabbed him. He may have badly needed the money, so he instead gave travolta a stern warning that indecent behavior is not acceptable. It didn't help matters that this 'masseur' was on JT's personal property and he didn't have his own car there to drive away in. Either way, lewd behavior is far too common in massage settings for me to outright think this guy is lying.

I wasn't there, so I cannot say for sure. This is just an example of what could have happened. And I type 'masseur' becasue I am not certain that this person was certified in massage therapy. We are taught how to handle these types of situations correctly. Also, the fact that the article calls him a masseur instead of a massage therapist sends red flags. Maybe the aurhor just doesn't know the proper term.

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM
3 moms liked this
Well oft to the closet with you John. Tell Tom to make room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Goodwoman614
by Satan on May. 8, 2012 at 5:26 PM
Quoting Donna6503:

Well oft to the closet with you John. Tell Tom to make room.

LMAO!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)