Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

You couldn't change my mind if you tried. I dare you!

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:51 AM
  • 49 Replies

What topics are you so confident in your opinion about that you will not waver or change your mind?

Which topic/s do you have very little info on but would like to have a better understanding of?

What subject/s do you wish more people would acknowledge you're right about?

Spin-offs are anticipated!

by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jalestra
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

What topics are you so confident in your opinion about that you will not waiver or change your mind?

Individual rights (that really covers a broad base gay marriage, women's rights, men's rights, religious rights....but if it has to do with individual rights it's pretty much impossible to sway me)

Which topic/s do you have very little info on but would like to have a better understanding of?

Oh jeez, tons of things..mostly people..I don't understand people at all. 

Individual rights and anything verifiable. If it's my opinion I can accept I can be wrong. I don't think I am usually, but I accept the possibility. But if it's verifiable? Then I just get soooo irritated. I mean, it's RIGHT there, there's the proof! lol 

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:36 AM
What topics are you so confident in your opinion about that you will not waiver or change your mind?

I would say when life begins no one can change my mind on that its even written in the bible. Oh and that people should be taxed more based on their income I mean that only logical and fair.

I honestly am confused on what solisiam is cause according to people here on cm I am one but according to definition im not.

Peoples right to do whatever they please with they're body and life. And that we as humans have the RIGHT to healthcare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:38 AM

BUMP!

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:39 AM
3 moms liked this
Female armpits hair is gross; the same goes for back hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jehosoba84
by Jenn on May. 8, 2012 at 11:40 AM
2 moms liked this

no answers to your questions at this time..but I wanted to say Great Post!

Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Abortion and circumcision are the two big ones for me, and my stance on both comes from the same place.  The owner of the body should get to make the decision for their own body.  That means that in abortion, the woman should have full choice over her own body.  It means that in circumcision, the male should have full choice over his own body (which means no infant circumcisions unless urgent medical necessity is present).

It would be very difficult for anyone to sway my opinion on either of those topics.

I really don't feel very confident debating/discussing any of the political topics because of lack of knowledge.  I would like to have a better understanding but as of yet have not taken the time to try.  Quite honestly I get turned off by it all when so many of the politicians seem like big babies anyway.

Really, the circumcision thing.  I hate how hypocritical our laws in the US are on the topic.  We seem to have great respect for the genitalia of baby girls but no respect whatsoever for the genitalia of baby boys.  I say make the laws equal for both sexes one way or the other.  If you think parents of baby boys should have the choice, then think parents of baby girls should have the choice too.  If you think genital cutting of baby girls is abhorrent, then think genital cutting of baby boys is abhorrent too.  Lets at least be consistent.  Anything else is sexist.

Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Quoting Donna6503:

Female armpits hair is gross; the same goes for back hair.

LOL.  Then I guess I'm gross.  In the wintertime, I go for months without shaving my pits at all.  It's ok, I've been called "gross" also because I don't shave or wax my labia either.  I disagree.  I think body hair is natural.  I think complete hairlessness, especially on adult labia, is rather gross.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Pro-choice - not because I couldn't be pursuaded that it's killing a baby...maybe I could..I just wouldn't make that decision for anyone else, and definately don't think the government should either

Foreign policy and history

duh' EVERYTHING! lol......Gay marriage - civil rights - racism...;)

I won't spin off, but will post in The Round Table ;), unless you would like too

katy_kay08
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I won't ever change my stance on privacy and choice.  I'm firmly set in my support of GLBT equality issues and my political opinions are not going to waiver. 

As for issues I would like more information on, hmmm...I would like more information on alternative energy programs and why people are so against them.  BUT, I see myself looking into it on my own.  I prefer to do my own research and skip the personal agendas of others.   

I don't really need people to acknowledge my position or knowledge on a topic.   

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Pro-choice - not because I couldn't be pursuaded that it's killing a baby...maybe I could..I just wouldn't make that decision for anyone else, and definately don't think the government should either

Foreign policy and history

duh' EVERYTHING! lol......Gay marriage - civil rights - racism...;)

I won't spin off, but will post in The Round Table ;), unless you would like too

I hardly ever make comments on topics regarding foreign policy unless I have a clear understanding about what I know of the US's involvement. I know a little about human rights, but next to nothing on most other topics.

I am also a huge advocate for a person's right to choose what will become of their own body.

Feel free to post in The Round Table. Sorry I don't visit more. = (

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN