Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

S/O Do you believe that Romney does not remember?

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:24 PM
  • 135 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you believe Romney does not remember?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 75

View Results

He says he was a prankster. He was a senior in high school when this happened. Those who were with him remember clearly.

Do you believe he does not remember doing this?

Does this affect the way you view him?

Do you remember the instances of bullying in your elem/middle/high school years?

Nice Widdle Puppy

by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on May. 10, 2012 at 10:25 PM

If there's no proof than I don't have much opinion on it. If he did it, I would hope he regrets it.

mommyof2soon29
by Member on May. 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Now the media is calling Obama a bully, childish if you ask me. 

stormcris
by Christy on May. 10, 2012 at 10:28 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't believe he doesn't remember unless he was high or under some influence a lot them. I think it is a CYA statement since 5 people did recall it. 

It really doesn't affect the way I view his as I didn't care for him before.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on May. 10, 2012 at 10:29 PM
3 moms liked this

17 or 18 years old is old enough to know this kind of thing is wrong...especially to spear head the attack.

Personally, I don't think you would ever forget anything like this, unless it is something you did all the time and just couldn't recall this single instance of assault.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 10, 2012 at 10:32 PM

He is a flip flopper so he would have much more information and opinions t remember.

Seriously, NO- I remember the girl in our elementary class (Catholic school so same kids for 8 years) who was the target. 

LoveMyLilPeople
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I think it is quite possible that he doesn't remember if they did this kind of thing to multiple people.  Times were different then.  It sounds more to me like he didn't like the boy's unkempt appearance.  Mormons are famously clean cut and well groomed.  It sounds to me like he did this stupid thing as a teenager and regrets it, but isn't overly apologetic because there are a lot of teenagers who do a lot worse.  Think of The Breakfast Club.  Emilio's character, Andrew, is in for having taped a boys "buns" together so badly the boy lost some skin when he removed the tape.  That kind of crap happens all the time.  Teenagers are like adolescent animals, posturing and competing.  It's unfortunate for the victim, but it's not a unique occurrence.

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont think he remembers exactly what he did, I mean who would after all those years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on May. 10, 2012 at 10:46 PM
5 moms liked this

Quoting NWP:

He says he was a prankster. He was a senior in high school when this happened. Those who were with him remember clearly.

Do you believe he does not remember doing this? no

Does this affect the way you view him? No... I thought he was an asshat before this..

Do you remember the instances of bullying in your elem/middle/high school years? Gods, yes... kind of hard to forget it when you are on the receiving end

trippyhippy
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

If he doesn't it means he did this kind of thing enough to forget a single incedent and that's scary.  ZI'm willing to bet that boy never forgot it.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on May. 10, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I would remember something like this from all those years ago. I remember calling a girl a name at summer camp when I was 10 and making her cry. I didn't even know her, and I remember that.

Quoting Citygirlk:

I dont think he remembers exactly what he did, I mean who would after all those years.

Nice Widdle Puppy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)