Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

S/O Do you believe that Romney does not remember?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you believe Romney does not remember?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 75

View Results

He says he was a prankster. He was a senior in high school when this happened. Those who were with him remember clearly.

Do you believe he does not remember doing this?

Does this affect the way you view him?

Do you remember the instances of bullying in your elem/middle/high school years?

Nice Widdle Puppy

by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Replies (41-50):
1Giovanni
by Becca on May. 11, 2012 at 11:14 AM
4 moms liked this

I think he would remember, unless he is cold heartless bastard. 

I am hitting 40 in about a month. I remember everything in hs and I was even high a lot of the time. lol I just can't see someone not remember hurting someone like that.

clusterkid
by Member on May. 11, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Honestly I know that my friends bring up stories of what I did or said to people growing up and they fully remember everything about the incident where I don't have a clue what they are talking about. 

So I think it is possible he doesn't remember but only he knows the true answer of if he does or not.

jonellg
by on May. 11, 2012 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I barely remember life before 25 so yes. But either way it's not relevant to the election.

survivorinohio
by René on May. 11, 2012 at 11:28 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Citygirlk:

I dont think he remembers exactly what he did, I mean who would after all those years.

I remember everything I did wrong.  Some people dont have consciences.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 11, 2012 at 11:47 AM
3 moms liked this

If this happened today, it would be considered a hate crime and an assault.

You can not target someone because they are different (remember it is also reported that Romney would scream out "girl" when some students were asked to read aloud.)

You can not touch people other.

Would this behavior be acceptable in HS's today? I think not.

Those thinking it's funny or no big deal, obviously do not understand targeting and bullying.

I think he would remember participating in such events.

Is Romney a different person today? Probably.

So Obama should be judged more harshly for listening than someone who actually participated in an event? RIGHT- SMH.

YSK maybe Obama's faith is like yours- The RCC hierarchy has made some horrendous decisions, yet you are still faithful; continue to support the church and attend services- In a way, you're like Obama- 

joyfree
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2012 at 11:50 AM
2 moms liked this

I remember almost all of the mean things that anyone has ever said or done to me. Probably why I am a gratefully recovering alcoholic/addict. I used to feel so "less" than the mean girls I grew up with. I would never be pretty, popular, rich, etc.

I pulled a prank anonymously on a girl once that I was jealous of(even though she had never been "mean" to me, just ignored me) and I will never forget that I did that. I have regretted it ever since. It wasn't really mean or dangerous in any way, just petty... I have looked for her to make amends to, as that is part of the AA process to no avail. It's always hard to find women because they get married...

ANY way, given the fact that Mittens has never had a drop of alcohol touch his lips, I don't see how he could forget the abuses he piled on poor Mr. Lauber. Anybody ever see "Flatliners"? 

On the other hand, Mitt IS pretty narcissistic and detached, so it is possible that his mind never categorized any of his own wrongdoings... I have a sister like that.

Arwyn724
by on May. 11, 2012 at 11:50 AM
2 moms liked this

I've been out of high school for 37 years, and I can remember almost every day of it.  And that was with all the pot-smoking of the seventies goin' on.

Quoting NWP:

What is up with you folks who don't remember what you did in high school? I am older than most of you...and I remember it all. Especially the bullying events. No matter where I stood (aggressor, victim, or witness) those events are vivid in my mind.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on May. 11, 2012 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

This...

Quoting joyfree:

I remember almost all of the mean things that anyone has ever said or done to me. Probably why I am a gratefully recovering alcoholic/addict. I used to feel so "less" than the mean girls I grew up with. I would never be pretty, popular, rich, etc.

I pulled a prank anonymously on a girl once that I was jealous of(even though she had never been "mean" to me, just ignored me) and I will never foreget that I did that. I have regretted it ever since. It wasn't really mean or dangerous in any way, just petty... I have looked for her to make amends to, as that is part of the AA process to no avail. It's always hard to find women because they get married...

ANY way, given the fact that Mittens has never had a drop of alcohol touch his lips, I don't see how he could forget the abuses he piled on poor Mr. Lauber. Anybody ever see "Flatliners"? 

On the other hand, Mitt IS pretty narcissistic and detached, so it is possible that his mind never categorized any of his own wrongdoings... I have a sister like that.

Nice Widdle Puppy

candlegal
by Judy on May. 11, 2012 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess if he didn't do it he won't remember it.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on May. 11, 2012 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

If he didn't do it, he only had to say so.

This is not the kind of act you forget committing, unless it is something you did so often you cant remember the individual victims.

Quoting candlegal:

I guess if he didn't do it he won't remember it.

Nice Widdle Puppy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)