Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Barack Obama "Typical White Person" Racist Statement Quote

Posted by   + Show Post

Isn't this a 'racist' Statement that Obama quotes as saying? "Typical White Person"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abPQ9kZe3ZA&feature=related

by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Replies (31-40):
shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:08 PM
3 moms liked this
Btw, the odds of her having read Obama's book? You'd have a better chance of winning the lottery and being struck by lightning on the same day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on May. 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Quoting BlueRay:

And your a typical right wing crazy person

"You're" you know since you are insulting her and all at least use proper grammar:)
BlueRay
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:10 PM

"I care not" said Sam I Am ;-)

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting BlueRay:

And your a typical right wing crazy person

"You're" you know since you are insulting her and all at least use proper grammar:)

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on May. 14, 2012 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting BlueRay:

Sassy Molassy, this one is. LOL
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I disagree.  I think using the word "Typical White Person" is, because how can ANYONE make a statement like that?  I'm sure blacks would be furious if another race would call them "Typical Black Person", don't you think?  I just feel that during these hard times, & what I feel IS a division of races, that's something he shouldn't of said.  IMO.  IMO it furthers the racist feelings inside of people.  The number of times he mentioned 'white people' especially in the "Dreams of my Father" book, is what has me beginning to feel Obama IS acist.  Otherwise, why mentioned 'whites' so many times?  With all the issues we're having over this upcoming Election, I personally feel it is making things worse. 

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Just watched the video VVV provided and the point that the president was making was that the "typical white person" has unfounded fears of black men. There was nothing racist about this quote Op. It was a factual statement. If he would have said "the typical white person is an oppressor of minorities" one could definitely argue in favor of racial undertones, but I do not believe that the context he used was racist at all.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Yes, where is his white mom & grandparents.  He hardly mentions them, like he's ashamed.  Also, where is his father?  WHY did his father leave him & his mom like the way he did?  What does that say? 

Quoting im23vaughn:

Yep he hates white people!! Wait! Isn't his mom white? Wasn't he raised by 2 white grandparents!!!

PamR
by Pam on May. 14, 2012 at 6:18 PM

As a pp said, talking about race isn't racist.  It's not as if we can't see that we all have different ethnicities, and acknowledge that. 

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 14, 2012 at 6:19 PM
2 moms liked this

This was four years ago.

For goodness sakes.

Digging up any thing that has already been beaten like a dead horse is rather pathetic.  No matter who does it.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 14, 2012 at 6:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Yes, where is his white mom & grandparents.  He hardly mentions them, like he's ashamed.  Also, where is his father?  WHY did his father leave him & his mom like the way he did?  What does that say? 

Quoting im23vaughn:

Yep he hates white people!! Wait! Isn't his mom white? Wasn't he raised by 2 white grandparents!!!

You are reaching and reaching far.  Who cares if he mentions his mother and grandparents!  Who cares where is father is.  What you want to know above is his own personal business.  He does not have to tote his family in front of the country if he does not wish to.

Your assumptions that he is ashamed is astounding.  Even if he is, that is his business, not yours or mine or any one else's.

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

NaniMami317
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:22 PM

First off the content of the statement doesn't sound racist to me. But in your quote, you mention "these times NOT THEN" do you realize this video was posted FOUR YEARS AGO??? Why are you DIGGING UP Dirt

Quoting Naturewoman4:

? It's a 'correct' statement to be saying in THESE times NOT THEN, a statement like that?  Why can't we live for TODAY, & stop going back what a hundred yrs. ago?  To call white people, "Typical White Person" IS racist to me.  I'm not going to beat around the bush anymore.  SO, we're ALL supose to be TYPICAL WHITE PEOPLE?  To have Obama say that, just is apauling to me.  In these times & days.  I hope EVERY American reads this book of his to hear exactly how he speaks about white people.  I thought Obama was about bringing US ALL together.  That's why I had trust & faith in him in 2008, so I voted for him.  NOW, it seems he wanted to divide us, which he has succeeded.  In these times HE need to be bringing up the 'race' issue like he does.  Yet, he does it time & time again. 

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

I can say a typical black person probably has a slave in their ancestry. It would be a correct statement and not at all racist.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)