Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One of my former colleagues posted a photo of some of her students on a recent school trip. On this photo she made her own captions. The captions are derogatory. One of the captions stated, "I make being stupid look easy." Her students are in the 6th & 7th grade.

I sent her a private message and suggested that was inappropriate and that she should remove the pic.

She went off on me an told me that her FB page was set to private and that 'no one' would see it to be offended. As in, the kids or their parents. I'm offended and pissed off.

What would you do?

by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Replies (41-44):
Taurus_Girl78
by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting Taurus_Girl78:

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting Taurus_Girl78:

Quoting MissElissa21:

Report it to FB. They are not her kids and without their parent's permission, she can't post them. Copy and email them to the Principal or the School Board.

If you don't do something about this she will continue to do this to other children. This is a form of verbal and emotional  abuse to children.

In my opinion she's a great teacher. She's well liked as far as I know. If I had expected this kind of behavior from her I probably wouldn't have been so offended by it.

It isn't unusual at all to complain to friends and peers about students. Venting is different IMO. I really hope that this is a wake up call for her.

Wow there has been many teachers that people though were great until they came out and got caught by doing something totally wrong. She could have been doing this for years and who knows what else. I wouldn't trust her and you should report her. It is against the law to post pics of children especially if you do not have permission. If you don't report her this makes  you know different than she is in my opinion.  That is sad you think she shouldn't be punished in some way. I am not saying to fire her but she does need to be warned by the school board or something. Very unprofessional of her to be acting this way.

You are entitled to feel any way you wish.  = )

You are too :>) I hope it does get resolved and works out.

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on May. 16, 2012 at 1:59 PM

What a bitch. I would telll the school. That makes me really angry.

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on May. 16, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Quoting Euphoric:

I figured I wasn't the only one who would be completely ticked off about it. She did take the picture down. I can't say for certain that any one of the other people who commented on the page about the photo didn't give her the opportunity to remove it. I also still don't know if she removed it or FB admin did. I haven't received a reply to my last PM to her. -shrug-

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on May. 16, 2012 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting Euphoric:

I figured I wasn't the only one who would be completely ticked off about it. She did take the picture down. I can't say for certain that any one of the other people who commented on the page about the photo didn't give her the opportunity to remove it. I also still don't know if she removed it or FB admin did. I haven't received a reply to my last PM to her. -shrug-

I'm glad the picture is down. My nephew is in 6th. grade, and is a victim of bullying. As a result my mom takes him to school, and I pick him up, because of how he was treated on the bus. I guess it just really bothers me that a teacher ( someone who's supposed to help protect the children) would do this.

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured