Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Manny Pacquiao finds Obama accepting gay marriage offendsive to God

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:00 PM
  • 18 Replies

Boxing champion Manny Pacquiao has come out swinging against US President Barack Obama's personal endorsement of same-sex marriage.

In an interview with the National Conservative Examiner, the religious Pacquiao said Obama's view was nothing more than a direct attack on the morals of society and the will of God.

"God only expects man and woman to be together and to be legally married, only if they so are in love with each other," he said.

"It should not be of the same sex so as to adulterate the altar of matrimony, like in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah of old," he added, citing the Bible.

Recently voted Forbes' fourth most influential athlete, the Filipino described same-sex marriage as an "abomination" and went on to say that America should be the model of morality for other countries to emulate.

Pacquiao, currently the World Boxing Organization welterweight champion and regarded by many as the best pound-for-pound boxer on the planet, already has a burgeoning career out of the ring. He is a member of the Philippines legislature, hosts a weekly TV game show and has his own vegetable business. He is also hoping to become a leading Christian evangelist after having a religious "awakening."

Last week Obama became the first US president to say publicly that he backed gay marriage. Although many politicians, showbiz celebrities and commentators have expressed views on the contentious issue, high-profile members of the sporting community have been largely silent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:04 PM

He might want to pay to have this piece removed from the interwebs ....

Seems very homoerotic to me...

;) 

p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:07 PM

It is okay that he believes that, he has the right to believe in the way he wants to, but it is not his place to judge what is or is not offensive to God. Only God with decide that. 

Raintree
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

My filipino husband is behind me, laughing.

fryshannon34
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I think God would find it offensive for someone to stand in a ring and get their brains bashed in for money!

JessicaN27
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

That's o. I find Manny Pacquiao's stpidity offensive to humans

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:51 PM

He's a hypocrite.  I take what he says with a grain of salt.

rocketracer
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:54 PM

A majority of Filipinos are Catholic. Manny P. is probably Catholic. No, I"m not saying all Catholics think the same as Manny P., but I just take his oppinion for what it is...just an oppinion, like a lot of other celebrities' oppinions.    

Raintree
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Good point!

Quoting fryshannon34:

I think God would find it offensive for someone to stand in a ring and get their brains bashed in for money!

McM0609
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:10 PM
No hes actually trying to convert christianity.

Quoting rocketracer:

A majority of Filipinos are Catholic. Manny P. is probably Catholic. No, I"m not saying all Catholics think the same as Manny P., but I just take his oppinion for what it is...just an oppinion, like a lot of other celebrities' oppinions.    

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocketracer
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 4:11 PM

not sure what you're saying....are you saying he's trying to convert to christianity or he's trying to convert christianity? 

Quoting McM0609:

No hes actually trying to convert christianity.

Quoting rocketracer:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN