Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The racists test!

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:43 PM
  • 616 Replies

I got to thinking,in light of replies from some MOMS here who either honestly think that subtle forms of racism is okay, or are putting us all on. So I thought since we are inundated with racial stories and injustices, and we continue to debate Trayvon, Zimmerman and other stories, John McNeil,Deryl Demon etc. Let's try word association:

Here we go:

KKK=

Reverends Sharpton &Jackson=

Gang Violence=

Stereotypes are true=

Lynching=

Riots=

undocumented workers=

Border jumpers=

White America=

Afro-American=

Asians in business=

Crackheads=

Crystal meth=

Welfare abusers=

Hip Hop culture=

Justice system=

Equal rights=

Slavery=

What comes to mind with these phrases and labels, or people first reaction, unbridled, unfiltered truth?  No bashing needed

But I hope Mothers can discuss opinions, perceptions and preconceived notions civilly! May be discuss how you came to your beliefs? And be opened minded!

I am going to reiterate my motives. Everyone who answers or bypasses this is telling. I don't wish to start anymore strife here, I just want to know how cases in the news brings out inner bigots. If they were aware, or it's so ingrained they don't notice?

Paramount is that a child is dead and I've read and saw so much bias crap here and everywhere and  the people defending their views, they inadvertently slip into stereotypes. This isn't so much about the case as learned behavior, where it comes from, and can ANYTHING be done? I am going to start asking questions instead of agreeing or disagreeing,Please answer, or well maybe in another hundred years!

In my Opininon No Disrespect

by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:48 PM
8 moms liked this
I get your intention, but this is a convo I don't want to have.

Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemom1208
by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:50 PM
8 moms liked this
Some of them was whites, Hispanics and aa's. Every race has its stereotypes. Like when I think of a meth addic, I think of a white person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charleyd68
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Okay, I understand, I am fairly dubious myself! But some of these replies had me seriously wondering! And worrying.

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I get your intention, but this is a convo I don't want to have.

Bump

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 8:03 PM
14 moms liked this

I did a true word association and that's what came to mind.  I did not edit.

Quoting charleyd68:

I got to thinking,in light of replies from some MOMS here who either honestly think that subtle forms of racism is okay, or are putting us all on. So I thought since we are inundated with racial stories and injustices, and we continue to debate Trayvon, Zimmerman and other stories, John McNeil,Deryl Demon etc. Let's try word association:

Here we go:

KKK=Violent racists

Reverends Sharpton &Jackson=Black civil rights activists

Gang Violence=sad

Stereotypes are true=nope

Lynching=murder of black people by racist vigilantes

Riots=born of oppression

undocumented workers=people trying to make money

Border jumpers=people trying to make money

White America=me

Afro-American=black person

Asians in business=good for them

Crackheads=sad addicts

Crystal meth=sad addicts

Welfare abusers=mostly a myth

Hip Hop culture=baggy pants and rap music

Justice system=not always just

Equal rights=for all, please!

Slavery=immoral and inhuman

What comes to mind with these phrases and labels, or people first reaction, unbridled, unfiltered truth?  No bashing needed

But I hope Mothers can discuss opinions, perceptions and preconceived notions civilly! May be discuss how you came to your beliefs? And be opened minded!

GraceHudson
by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 8:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Was I supposed to say black or white or something?  I think I did it wrong.  lol  However that was what truly came to my head first when reading the words.

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I Agree, Every race has gangs, AA-bloods and crips Latinos-MS-13 Whites-Neo-Nazis and or skinheads also, the suburban crips and bloods(a mimic of the others) Italian-mob Jamaican-black mob etc. When I think of meth I think crazy tweakers and I seen a fair share of the rainbow in them!

Quoting singlemom1208:

Some of them was whites, Hispanics and aa's. Every race has its stereotypes. Like when I think of a meth addic, I think of a white person.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 8:07 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm probably racist.

Mrs.Velasquez
by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:08 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting charleyd68:

I Agree, Every race has gangs, AA-bloods and crips Latinos-MS-13 Whites-Neo-Nazis and or skinheads also, the suburban crips and bloods(a mimic of the others) Italian-mob Jamaican-black mob etc. When I think of meth I think crazy tweakers and I seen a fair share of the rainbow in them!

Quoting singlemom1208:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Della529
by Matlock on May. 16, 2012 at 8:17 PM
2 moms liked this

Bookmarking this for later. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured