Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is stripping a milder form of prostitution?

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:39 AM
  • 76 Replies

I tend to think that intentionally causing sexual arousal is a sex act. 

I understand the nuances of stripping differ greatly from full fledged prostitution but I have seen it argued so I was wondering what you think.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReginaStar
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Well it is selling your body (Sexual organs more specifically) for money but so it's nude modeling..

jehosoba84
by Jenn on May. 17, 2012 at 10:46 AM

No way.  "Intentionally causing sexual arousal" could be something as innocent as flirting. Would you say flirting is nearly comparable to prostitution as well?

survivorinohio
by René on May. 17, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Quoting ReginaStar:

Well it is selling your body (Sexual organs more specifically) for money but so it's nude modeling..

Nude models , in my experience in art school, were not tolerated if they were provocative in nature.  There was no 'lust' at all so I do not consider it to be the same.

Now models that pose in erotic magazines may be committing a sex act.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

sherry132
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 10:49 AM
4 moms liked this

All I'm gonna say is...

very, very few strippers only strip.

stripping is a means to quietly and safely get customers. 

And that's all I'm saying. 

survivorinohio
by René on May. 17, 2012 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jehosoba84:

No way.  "Intentionally causing sexual arousal" could be something as innocent as flirting. Would you say flirting is nearly comparable to prostitution as well?

Are you being paid to do it specifically, I mean to cause arousal?  If yes, my answer would be it is to an extent a form of prostitution.

ReginaStar
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting ReginaStar:

Nude models , in my experience in art school, were not tolerated if they were provocative in nature.  There was no 'lust' at all so I do not consider it to be the same.

Now models that pose in erotic magazines may be committing a sex act.

Yeah I see your point there but I was thinking more about erotic mags.

Jaliyah  My video here

ReginaStar
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Quoting jehosoba84:

The difference is doing it for money. People have sex free too.

Jaliyah  My video here

jehosoba84
by Jenn on May. 17, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting jehosoba84:

Are you being paid to do it specifically, I mean to cause arousal?  If yes, my answer would be it is to an extent a form of prostitution.

Still.  Even with money involved, I would never equate stripping with prostitution.

futureshock
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Quoting survivorinohio:

I tend to think that intentionally causing sexual arousal is a sex act. 

I understand the nuances of stripping differ greatly from full fledged prostitution but I have seen it argued so I was wondering what you think.

I agree with you.

futureshock
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Quoting jehosoba84:

Is the person getting paid to flirt?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured