Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Is it wrong if the payer is not committing adultery?  Is it wrong because unmarried sex is wrong?  What makes it more wrong than casual sex?

***Fixed errors***

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Replies (71-80):
IWannaLoveAgain
by Member on May. 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Its not wrong. Its degrading, but its not wrong.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2012 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe that it is immoral to have sex with random people for money.  Sex to me should be a loving act between partners.  Prostitution muddies that up.

That being said, I support a person's right to do what they want with their bodies.  I wish it were legal so that the women were better protected.

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2012 at 1:56 PM

No.  It is currently illegal in most places, but it is not "wrong." 

TCgirlatheart
by TC on May. 17, 2012 at 2:12 PM
I think it's wrong of a person is forced onto it.
I think cheating on a relationship is wrong too.
That's it for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TCgirlatheart
by TC on May. 17, 2012 at 2:19 PM
I agree.

Quoting Tanya93:

It should be legal regardless of the state of relationships the parties have.

Quoting ReginaStar:

Just curious though. Those that don't see anything wrong with and DO think it should be legal do you think it should only be legal if the parties are not legally married? Or do you think it should be legal either way?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on May. 17, 2012 at 2:20 PM
no
Shortiekt
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2012 at 2:27 PM
Legalize it.

Doesn't matter if they are married or not, it should still be legal. It's not the prostitutes job to respect someone elses marriage. The solicitor of the prostitute should be responsible for what he/she does in the marriage, but leave the legality out of it. Leave that responsibility to be accounted for by the married persons.

Government should stay out of peoples bedrooms.

Quoting ReginaStar:

Just curious though. Those that don't see anything wrong with and DO think it should be legal do you think it should only be legal if the parties are not legally married? Or do you think it should be legal either way?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NWP
by guerrilla girl on May. 17, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Depends on the circumstances. I think it is ok in some situations, although it isn't a lifestyle I would ever choose. Look at Heidi Fleiss for example. I really didn't care about what she and those who chose to work for her were doing.

Unfortunately, there is a darker side where women and girls are victims...and that is wrong.

I have never understood arresting the women for prostitution. It should be traffickers who should be arrested.

Noodles With Peas

NWP
by guerrilla girl on May. 17, 2012 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Kailu, we have found common ground in pink.

Quoting kailu1835:

I believe that it is immoral to have sex with random people for money.  Sex to me should be a loving act between partners.  Prostitution muddies that up.

That being said, I support a person's right to do what they want with their bodies.  I wish it were legal so that the women were better protected.

Noodles With Peas

mik1of3
by Member on May. 17, 2012 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

No.
Maybe.
Because there's no emotion behind the action.

All in all, I think it should be legalized.  I mean, men pay for it, no matter what.  Whether its dinner and a movie, a fancy piece of jewelry...or a $100 bill...they pay for it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)