Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Trayvon Martin Had Drugs in System, Autopsy Found

Posted by   + Show Post

Trayvon Martin, the 17-year-old who was shot and killed by a neighborhood watch volunteer, had the drug THC in his system the night of this death, according to new information obtained by ABC News.

The revelation came as prosecutors in the case prepared to release to the public hundreds of pages of new evidence along with videos and crime scene photos.

Martin's death sparked public outrage after police released Martin's shooter, George Zimmerman, without any criminal charges for the killing.

Zimmerman, 28, is a multi-racial Hispanic man who shot the black high school junior at close range on Feb. 26, and claimed self-defense, though Martin was unarmed. Zimmerman was later charged with second-degree murder, and the killing provoked widespread debate about racial profiling.

Trayvon Martin Case: Zimmerman Medical Report Watch Video
Obama: 'If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Trayvon' Watch Video
George Zimmerman Targeted on Twitter Watch Video

The autopsy report shows traces of the drug THC, which is found in marijuana, in Martin's blood and urine.

The autopsy also shows that Zimmerman shot Martin from a distance of between 1 inch and 18 inches away, bolstering Zimmerman's claim that he shot Martin during a struggle that landed Zimmerman on his back, Martin straddling him and banging Zimmerman's head on the ground.

Martin's autopsy report also revealed that there was a quarter-inch by half-inch abrasion on the left fourth finger of Martin, another indication of a possible struggle. The teen, who lived in Miami, was in Sanford while serving a suspension for a bag of marijuana being discovered in his possession.

Later today, a trove of documents that are part of the discovery in Zimmerman's trial are expected to be released on a website run by the state's attorney, including 67 CDs worth of documents, video of Martin on the night of the shooting, his autopsy report and videos of Zimmerman's questioning by police.

Breaking news just posted this on FB from ABC so I brought it here. Not sure if its been posted already! Thoughts?

by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Replies (411-420):
motherslove82
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Someone mentioned earlier that Zimmerman did not have wounds on his knuckles. No one saw Zimmerman hit Trayvon. Zimmerman told the 911 operator that he had lost site of Trayvon. Trayvon told his girlfriend that he wasn't going to run. That is why I think that. None of us really knows what happened that night, but people need to remember that there is another side.

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting motherslove82:

Not common sense. I doubt Trayvon had any knowledge that George had a gun. If he did, it would have been stupid to try to fight him. If Trayvon felt threatened, why didn't HE call 911? Why is it acceptable to hit someone who was following you earlier, but it's not acceptable to shoot someone who is beating the crap out of you? Trayvon had options. He could have gone home. He could have called 911. He chose to turn the situation into a physical altercation.

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting motherslove82:

There is no evidence that Trayvon was being attacked by Zimmerman, but plent that Zimmerman was being attacked by Trayvon. There is no law against following someone, but even if there was, the evidence (which most ignore) shows that George quit following Trayvon before the 911 call ended. There is also evidence that Trayvon's girlfriend told Trayvon to run and Trayvon refused. Most people want to insist that Zimmerman "started" the problem by following Trayvon. That is not starting a fight. Hitting someone is what starts a fight. If your child had someone following them around, would that be a reason for your child to run up and hit them?

I know exactly what you are saying. Everyone would agree Trayvon had a right to defend himself. That is exactly what people would say. That is because they have made up their minds and don't want to look at this from another angle.

Quoting jewels5525:

If there was i think many people would agree Trayvon had a right to protect himself.  Why is Zimmerman allowed to stand his ground but Trayvon is not.

Once you follow someone, SYG is gone.

How come TM is not allowed SYG protection as he is being stalked?

If you're being followed by a gun toting loon, are you not allowed any protection?

Common sense-

How do you know that Trayvon turned this into a physical altercation and not George?

He chose to turn the situation into a physical altercation.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 18, 2012 at 9:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Mother- and what you need to remember is GZ can construct any story he likes because HE is the only person alive who knows exactly what happened.

Anything that passes his lips is suspect- he is the only true eye witness.

futureshock
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2012 at 9:43 PM

lol

coffee, cigarettes, the list goes on.

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

aspirin? cough syrup? cough drops? allergy meds?

Quoting btamilee:

Quoting hopealways4019:

Most teen and adults, do have drugs in system. So?

Huh?  Do you really believe this?   I have never even tried pot......here I am almost 50, and I can say....NO DRUGS  in my system!

futureshock
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Why would Trayvon start a fight?

Quoting motherslove82:

Someone mentioned earlier that Zimmerman did not have wounds on his knuckles. No one saw Zimmerman hit Trayvon. Zimmerman told the 911 operator that he had lost site of Trayvon. Trayvon told his girlfriend that he wasn't going to run. That is why I think that. None of us really knows what happened that night, but people need to remember that there is another side.

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting motherslove82:

Not common sense. I doubt Trayvon had any knowledge that George had a gun. If he did, it would have been stupid to try to fight him. If Trayvon felt threatened, why didn't HE call 911? Why is it acceptable to hit someone who was following you earlier, but it's not acceptable to shoot someone who is beating the crap out of you? Trayvon had options. He could have gone home. He could have called 911. He chose to turn the situation into a physical altercation.

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting motherslove82:

There is no evidence that Trayvon was being attacked by Zimmerman, but plent that Zimmerman was being attacked by Trayvon. There is no law against following someone, but even if there was, the evidence (which most ignore) shows that George quit following Trayvon before the 911 call ended. There is also evidence that Trayvon's girlfriend told Trayvon to run and Trayvon refused. Most people want to insist that Zimmerman "started" the problem by following Trayvon. That is not starting a fight. Hitting someone is what starts a fight. If your child had someone following them around, would that be a reason for your child to run up and hit them?

I know exactly what you are saying. Everyone would agree Trayvon had a right to defend himself. That is exactly what people would say. That is because they have made up their minds and don't want to look at this from another angle.

Quoting jewels5525:

If there was i think many people would agree Trayvon had a right to protect himself.  Why is Zimmerman allowed to stand his ground but Trayvon is not.

If you're being followed by a gun toting loon, are you not allowed any protection?

Common sense-

How do you know that Trayvon turned this into a physical altercation and not George?

Thomigirl
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2012 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry but I'm too lazy (or just tired of this shit) to read through all of these but did any say why this is being released NOW?  For some reason I remember them saying that they had tested Trayvon right after his death and found nothing.  WTH?

motherslove82
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Why would George? I would imagine because he didn't Like that George had been following him.
Quoting futureshock:

Why would Trayvon start a fight?

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting jewels5525:

Common sense-

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on May. 18, 2012 at 10:17 PM

there are just people in here that are TOO IGNORANT and trying to educate them is getting tiring, so I guess, all those that can see Zimmerman as innocent based on what was released is justifiable to you....

comewhatmay1019
by Member on May. 19, 2012 at 9:50 AM
They do. My brother in law was shot and killed in a home invasion last year. The men responsible were arrested and all five drug tested. Its standard procedure.

Quoting free1:

So?   They should've tested The shooter (Zimmerman) as well.  What's that got to do with a domestic violence, woman beater, cop beater ticking time bomb (person) killing an innocent child (Trayvon)?  I forgot to add:  Reports sayZimmerman ws a bouncer for illegal house parties (illegal drinking and  Rave) parties.  A great role model...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtimesx4
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Poor Trevor. This is what happens when one does drugs. Had he not followed the devil down that slippery slope he would have not gotten kicked out of school and end up getting shot.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2012 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Who said it justifies shooting Trayvon? What it shows is that maybe, just maybe, there is more to the story than the "racist shoots black kid for no reason" theory.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I am not a fan of pot being used by any one other than for medical reasons. But that is just my own personal opinion.  I don't see any use for it.  

With that said, this certainly does not warrant his death.  Not at all.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN