Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Trayvon Martin Had Drugs in System, Autopsy Found

Posted by   + Show Post

Trayvon Martin, the 17-year-old who was shot and killed by a neighborhood watch volunteer, had the drug THC in his system the night of this death, according to new information obtained by ABC News.

The revelation came as prosecutors in the case prepared to release to the public hundreds of pages of new evidence along with videos and crime scene photos.

Martin's death sparked public outrage after police released Martin's shooter, George Zimmerman, without any criminal charges for the killing.

Zimmerman, 28, is a multi-racial Hispanic man who shot the black high school junior at close range on Feb. 26, and claimed self-defense, though Martin was unarmed. Zimmerman was later charged with second-degree murder, and the killing provoked widespread debate about racial profiling.

Trayvon Martin Case: Zimmerman Medical Report Watch Video
Obama: 'If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Trayvon' Watch Video
George Zimmerman Targeted on Twitter Watch Video

The autopsy report shows traces of the drug THC, which is found in marijuana, in Martin's blood and urine.

The autopsy also shows that Zimmerman shot Martin from a distance of between 1 inch and 18 inches away, bolstering Zimmerman's claim that he shot Martin during a struggle that landed Zimmerman on his back, Martin straddling him and banging Zimmerman's head on the ground.

Martin's autopsy report also revealed that there was a quarter-inch by half-inch abrasion on the left fourth finger of Martin, another indication of a possible struggle. The teen, who lived in Miami, was in Sanford while serving a suspension for a bag of marijuana being discovered in his possession.

Later today, a trove of documents that are part of the discovery in Zimmerman's trial are expected to be released on a website run by the state's attorney, including 67 CDs worth of documents, video of Martin on the night of the shooting, his autopsy report and videos of Zimmerman's questioning by police.

Breaking news just posted this on FB from ABC so I brought it here. Not sure if its been posted already! Thoughts?

by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Replies (431-440):
jewels5525
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Not in FL at least.  They have been saying that from day one.  Trayvon was tested as part of autopsy.  but Zimmerman could not be tested without a warrant.  

Quoting comewhatmay1019:

They do. My brother in law was shot and killed in a home invasion last year. The men responsible were arrested and all five drug tested. Its standard procedure.

Quoting free1:

So?   They should've tested The shooter (Zimmerman) as well.  What's that got to do with a domestic violence, woman beater, cop beater ticking time bomb (person) killing an innocent child (Trayvon)?  I forgot to add:  Reports sayZimmerman ws a bouncer for illegal house parties (illegal drinking and  Rave) parties.  A great role model...

bossygrand
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2012 at 1:13 PM

LMAO!!! It hurts them more when we don't acknowledge they dumb asses hahahaa, i back for a minute though so will see 'what ta gwan', thats that JA lingo i know u know it hahaha Holla Momma!

Quoting jewels5525:

LOL, i really think they get off on trying to push up on you E and P. LMAO, sorry but its funny as hell to watch.  

But i agree people like that living under the scenes, bringing shit up, pushing peoples buttons, then when called out, quick to come with the "get over it" crap.  Same shit.

Quoting bossygrand:

Never gonna happen especially when got ppl like ukw living amongst us! Haa! I knew that witch couldn't just let me b but thats life! She and others like her r fighting a losing battle and if they don't know that by now shame on em! I am always around site unscene sometimes but i see nothing changes in the site for sore eyes groups hahahaa.....tc sista

Quoting jewels5525:

I still can't believe that one.  Sick sick sick, they can see he hates black people clearly, yet when he shoots on innocent black child they look the other way.  However when a black woman fires off her gun to protect herself from someone who is and admitted to attacking her, she is sentenced to 25 years.  

Yet people keep wanting to say it isn't racial.  Open you eyes people!

Quoting bossygrand:

There u have it! Just goes to show that Zimmerman was out n the rain looking for trouble, he got it but he lives to see another day Travon didn't! I guess i need to tell my sons now to b on the look out for 'patrolling while racist'! Some folks have guns and just want to use them no matter who they kill! Like the white guy who killed a 16yr old black girl while he was cleaning his guy! He had racist paraphernalia n his room so that says what, he hated bp and he could use the old cleaning my gun and it went off stance, smdh

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

According to police documents released today, it was literally typed in the report that the incident was, "avoidable if Zimmermann would have just stayed in his vehicle and waited on law enforcement."

Quoting motherslove82:

There is no evidence that Trayvon was being attacked by Zimmerman, but plent that Zimmerman was being attacked by Trayvon. There is no law against following someone, but even if there was, the evidence (which most ignore) shows that George quit following Trayvon before the 911 call ended. There is also evidence that Trayvon's girlfriend told Trayvon to run and Trayvon refused. Most people want to insist that Zimmerman "started" the problem by following Trayvon. That is not starting a fight. Hitting someone is what starts a fight. If your child had someone following them around, would that be a reason for your child to run up and hit them?

I know exactly what you are saying. Everyone would agree Trayvon had a right to defend himself. That is exactly what people would say. That is because they have made up their minds and don't want to look at this from another angle.

Quoting jewels5525:

If there was i think many people would agree Trayvon had a right to protect himself.  Why is Zimmerman allowed to stand his ground but Trayvon is not.

Quoting motherslove82:

It would not matter if there was a video of Trayvon beating the piss out of Zimmerman. Most people would not care because they have made up their minds that he is guilty and Trayvon is an innocent little kid.

"I stand for something, so don't think i will fall for anything"

http://www.reverbnation.com/store/artist_220052

jewels5525
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Me no, me no ma.  Nice to see you poking your head in though, some of these chicks are straight up crazy.

Quoting bossygrand:

LMAO!!! It hurts them more when we don't acknowledge they dumb asses hahahaa, i back for a minute though so will see 'what ta gwan', thats that JA lingo i know u know it hahaha Holla Momma!

Quoting jewels5525:

LOL, i really think they get off on trying to push up on you E and P. LMAO, sorry but its funny as hell to watch.  

But i agree people like that living under the scenes, bringing shit up, pushing peoples buttons, then when called out, quick to come with the "get over it" crap.  Same shit.

Quoting bossygrand:

Never gonna happen especially when got ppl like ukw living amongst us! Haa! I knew that witch couldn't just let me b but thats life! She and others like her r fighting a losing battle and if they don't know that by now shame on em! I am always around site unscene sometimes but i see nothing changes in the site for sore eyes groups hahahaa.....tc sista

Quoting jewels5525:

I still can't believe that one.  Sick sick sick, they can see he hates black people clearly, yet when he shoots on innocent black child they look the other way.  However when a black woman fires off her gun to protect herself from someone who is and admitted to attacking her, she is sentenced to 25 years.  

Quoting bossygrand:

There u have it! Just goes to show that Zimmerman was out n the rain looking for trouble, he got it but he lives to see another day Travon didn't! I guess i need to tell my sons now to b on the look out for 'patrolling while racist'! Some folks have guns and just want to use them no matter who they kill! Like the white guy who killed a 16yr old black girl while he was cleaning his guy! He had racist paraphernalia n his room so that says what, he hated bp and he could use the old cleaning my gun and it went off stance, smdh

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

According to police documents released today, it was literally typed in the report that the incident was, "avoidable if Zimmermann would have just stayed in his vehicle and waited on law enforcement."

Quoting motherslove82:

There is no evidence that Trayvon was being attacked by Zimmerman, but plent that Zimmerman was being attacked by Trayvon. There is no law against following someone, but even if there was, the evidence (which most ignore) shows that George quit following Trayvon before the 911 call ended. There is also evidence that Trayvon's girlfriend told Trayvon to run and Trayvon refused. Most people want to insist that Zimmerman "started" the problem by following Trayvon. That is not starting a fight. Hitting someone is what starts a fight. If your child had someone following them around, would that be a reason for your child to run up and hit them?

I know exactly what you are saying. Everyone would agree Trayvon had a right to defend himself. That is exactly what people would say. That is because they have made up their minds and don't want to look at this from another angle.

Quoting jewels5525:

If there was i think many people would agree Trayvon had a right to protect himself.  Why is Zimmerman allowed to stand his ground but Trayvon is not.

Quoting motherslove82:

It would not matter if there was a video of Trayvon beating the piss out of Zimmerman. Most people would not care because they have made up their minds that he is guilty and Trayvon is an innocent little kid.

bossygrand
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Hahahaa like u said 'same ole sh*t ' hahhaaa, yea i got some free time until we get them into their swimming classes lol, also i may b working wkends soon so thats a plus, i needs me some mula kwim hhaaaa

Quoting jewels5525:

Me no, me no ma.  Nice to see you poking your head in though, some of these chicks are straight up crazy.

Quoting bossygrand:

Quoting jewels5525:

Quoting bossygrand:

Quoting jewels5525:

Quoting bossygrand:

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting jewels5525:

Quoting motherslove82:

"I stand for something, so don't think i will fall for anything"

http://www.reverbnation.com/store/artist_220052

jewels5525
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2012 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I hear that.  I got to do something too.  We don't know if we will make it to JA this year, ticket prices are crazy.

I know your having a blast with those grandbabies of yours.  Get to enjoy all those things all over again.

Quoting bossygrand:

Hahahaa like u said 'same ole sh*t ' hahhaaa, yea i got some free time until we get them into their swimming classes lol, also i may b working wkends soon so thats a plus, i needs me some mula kwim hhaaaa

Quoting jewels5525:

Quoting bossygrand:

Quoting jewels5525:

Quoting bossygrand:

Quoting jewels5525:

Quoting bossygrand:

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting jewels5525:

Quoting motherslove82:

mommajen32
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting Shortiekt:

I don't understand how people saw this assault, but didn't see the shooting... There was only a matter of 1 minute for everything to transpire.

Because the shot was shot from less than 18 inches away.  The critical point really, is who had the upperhand at the time of the shot...

The autopsy report just released says 36 inches away ... a potential three feet is a good bit of distance. That doesn't put GZ on the bottom of a fist fight getting his head bashed into the sidewalk. That's also more consistent with his statement Trayvon's last words before he, "fell" were "you got me" ....how does one "fall" if they are both lying down on the ground. That was one question I had and the autopsy proved it. 

If it was 36 inches, then they were standing up. That's a different scenario.

Tea4Tas
by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting Shortiekt:

I don't understand how people saw this assault, but didn't see the shooting... There was only a matter of 1 minute for everything to transpire.

Because the shot was shot from less than 18 inches away.  The critical point really, is who had the upperhand at the time of the shot...

The autopsy report just released says 36 inches away ... a potential three feet is a good bit of distance. That doesn't put GZ on the bottom of a fist fight getting his head bashed into the sidewalk. That's also more consistent with his statement Trayvon's last words before he, "fell" were "you got me" ....how does one "fall" if they are both lying down on the ground. That was one question I had and the autopsy proved it. 

Link-because the autopsy report I saw had it at that distance_AND had gunshot residue on TRAYVONS clothing.

he autopsy also shows that Zimmerman shot Martin from a distance of between 1 inch and 18 inches away, bolstering Zimmerman's claim that he shot Martin during a close struggle.

Martin's autopsy report also revealed that there was a quarter-inch by half-inch abrasion on the left fourth finger of Martin, another indication of a possible struggle.

The teen, who lived in Miami, was in Sanford while serving a suspension for an empty marijuana bag discovered in his possession. Martin had THC, the drug found in marijuana, in his blood on the night of his death, according to the autopsy. His family told ABC News that it was "trace amounts" of THC.

mommajen32
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting Shortiekt:

Link-because the autopsy report I saw had it at that distance_AND had gunshot residue on TRAYVONS clothing.

he autopsy also shows that Zimmerman shot Martin from a distance of between 1 inch and 18 inches away, bolstering Zimmerman's claim that he shot Martin during a close struggle.

Martin's autopsy report also revealed that there was a quarter-inch by half-inch abrasion on the left fourth finger of Martin, another indication of a possible struggle.

The teen, who lived in Miami, was in Sanford while serving a suspension for an empty marijuana bag discovered in his possession. Martin had THC, the drug found in marijuana, in his blood on the night of his death, according to the autopsy. His family told ABC News that it was "trace amounts" of THC.

http://www.fox26medford.com/news/viewarticle.asp?a=179

TRAYVON MARTIN AUTOPSY

AN AUTOPSY REPORT HAS BEEN RELEASED FOR TRAYVON MARTIN AND LISTS HIS DEATH AS A HOMICIDE SAYS THE FATAL GUN SHOT WOUND TO THE CHEST WAS FIRED WITHIN 36 INCHES. 

THE REPORT ALSO SHOWS MARTIN'S BLOOD CONTAINED "THC" (AN INGREDIENT IN MARIJUANA). MARTIN WAS KILLED IN FEBRUARY BY A NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH VOLUNTEER. 

another one:

The autopsy report showed that Martin died of a gunshot wound to the chest fired from within 36 inches and that he had traces of marijuana in his blood and urine.

http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/17/11748468-court-docs-trayvon-martin-shooting-ultimately-avoidable-by-zimmerman?lite

ANNNNDDD if it was at 36 inches and then you account for the 1 to 1 1/2 feet for outstretched arms to shoot the firearm that puts him almost 5 feet away. 

What is the date on your story?

Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 21, 2012 at 5:30 PM

I read the medical examiner's autopsy report.

TM weighed 158, was 5-11 and had a BMI of 22-

He was not a solid, hulk-

Tea4Tas
by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting Shortiekt:

http://www.fox26medford.com/news/viewarticle.asp?a=179

TRAYVON MARTIN AUTOPSY

AN AUTOPSY REPORT HAS BEEN RELEASED FOR TRAYVON MARTIN AND LISTS HIS DEATH AS A HOMICIDE SAYS THE FATAL GUN SHOT WOUND TO THE CHEST WAS FIRED WITHIN 36 INCHES

THE REPORT ALSO SHOWS MARTIN'S BLOOD CONTAINED "THC" (AN INGREDIENT IN MARIJUANA). MARTIN WAS KILLED IN FEBRUARY BY A NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH VOLUNTEER. 

another one:

The autopsy report showed that Martin died of a gunshot wound to the chest fired from within 36 inches and that he had traces of marijuana in his blood and urine.

http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/17/11748468-court-docs-trayvon-martin-shooting-ultimately-avoidable-by-zimmerman?lite

ANNNNDDD if it was at 36 inches and then you account for the 1 to 1 1/2 feet for outstretched arms to shoot the firearm that puts him almost 5 feet away. 

Measure your arm and get back to me...Because unless you are a Dwarf, your arm isnt a foot long!

Oh and  read what you quoted...18 inches IS WITHIN 36 inches.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)