Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Trayvon Martin Had Drugs in System, Autopsy Found

Posted by   + Show Post

Trayvon Martin, the 17-year-old who was shot and killed by a neighborhood watch volunteer, had the drug THC in his system the night of this death, according to new information obtained by ABC News.

The revelation came as prosecutors in the case prepared to release to the public hundreds of pages of new evidence along with videos and crime scene photos.

Martin's death sparked public outrage after police released Martin's shooter, George Zimmerman, without any criminal charges for the killing.

Zimmerman, 28, is a multi-racial Hispanic man who shot the black high school junior at close range on Feb. 26, and claimed self-defense, though Martin was unarmed. Zimmerman was later charged with second-degree murder, and the killing provoked widespread debate about racial profiling.

Trayvon Martin Case: Zimmerman Medical Report Watch Video
Obama: 'If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Trayvon' Watch Video
George Zimmerman Targeted on Twitter Watch Video

The autopsy report shows traces of the drug THC, which is found in marijuana, in Martin's blood and urine.

The autopsy also shows that Zimmerman shot Martin from a distance of between 1 inch and 18 inches away, bolstering Zimmerman's claim that he shot Martin during a struggle that landed Zimmerman on his back, Martin straddling him and banging Zimmerman's head on the ground.

Martin's autopsy report also revealed that there was a quarter-inch by half-inch abrasion on the left fourth finger of Martin, another indication of a possible struggle. The teen, who lived in Miami, was in Sanford while serving a suspension for a bag of marijuana being discovered in his possession.

Later today, a trove of documents that are part of the discovery in Zimmerman's trial are expected to be released on a website run by the state's attorney, including 67 CDs worth of documents, video of Martin on the night of the shooting, his autopsy report and videos of Zimmerman's questioning by police.

Breaking news just posted this on FB from ABC so I brought it here. Not sure if its been posted already! Thoughts?

by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Replies (451-460):
mommajen32
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin from very close range, according to documents a Florida prosecutor released Thursday that indicate a hand-to-hand struggle occurred before the teenager was killed.

A lab report found holes and gunshot residue on the two sweatshirts Martin was wearing that were consistent with a “contact shot,’’ meaning the muzzle of the gun was pressed against Martin’s chest.

An autopsy report said that the wound in Martin’s chest indicated that he was shot from an “intermediate range,’’ which experts say is between 1 and 18 inches away.

Link your sources ..... and what is the DATE of your articles. There were many of these types  released from "leaked" autopsy information but the actual ME report is available in its entirety. 

yes and THAT report says intermediate range-which is 1-18 inches!  Give it up YOUR OWN article did not say the shot was fired from 36 inches!!! SO why don't YOU prove your point for me!

Link your articles. There are plenty more that give up to 36 inches as the "intermediate range" .... just do a quick search, those are the articles after the official report was released. 

It is very well possible that the shot could have went from well beyond 18 inches ... that's the point and it's proven. 

Tea4Tas
by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Tea4Tas
by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin from very close range, according to documents a Florida prosecutor released Thursday that indicate a hand-to-hand struggle occurred before the teenager was killed.

A lab report found holes and gunshot residue on the two sweatshirts Martin was wearing that were consistent with a “contact shot,’’ meaning the muzzle of the gun was pressed against Martin’s chest.

An autopsy report said that the wound in Martin’s chest indicated that he was shot from an “intermediate range,’’ which experts say is between 1 and 18 inches away.

Link your sources ..... and what is the DATE of your articles. There were many of these types  released from "leaked" autopsy information but the actual ME report is available in its entirety. 

yes and THAT report says intermediate range-which is 1-18 inches!  Give it up YOUR OWN article did not say the shot was fired from 36 inches!!! SO why don't YOU prove your point for me!

Link your articles. There are plenty more that give up to 36 inches as the "intermediate range" .... just do a quick search, those are the articles after the official report was released. 

It is very well possible that the shot could have went from well beyond 18 inches ... that's the point and it's proven. 

I gave you two.Now YOU find me one that says the shot was fired from 36 inches...because you haven't shown that yet. YOUR articles said WITHIN 36 inches.

You havn't proven anything...oh and did you measure your arm? I am 5'7 " tall and my arm is 22 inches to my hand-add in 7 inches for a gun and that is 29 inches....

Tea4Tas
by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

I'm still laughing at the one foor extended arm...

So be it ... we don't know how he was holding the gun. I did say 1 1/2 but it could be 2 feet, that doesn't make case that the shot while T was on top of him any better. It increases the range and could most definitely change the scenario if the case is he was shot at the high end not the low end of the spectrum. 

Oh and 36 inches isn't within the 1 - 18 inches you are quoting, which is why I posted my links. 

Um yes, 18 inches is WITHIN 36 inches....that means the shot was fired from 36 inches or less.

Not the 5 feet you invented! There is also (as shown in my links) gunshot residue on Trayvon.

mommajen32
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

So be it ... we don't know how he was holding the gun. I did say 1 1/2 but it could be 2 feet, that doesn't make case that the shot while T was on top of him any better. It increases the range and could most definitely change the scenario if the case is he was shot at the high end not the low end of the spectrum. 

Oh and 36 inches isn't within the 1 - 18 inches you are quoting, which is why I posted my links. 

Um yes, 18 inches is WITHIN 36 inches....that means the shot was fired from 36 inches or less.

Not the 5 feet you invented! There is also (as shown in my links) gunshot residue on Trayvon.

The bolded is my point ... it is 36 inches or less not 18 inches or less. Now...is that measured from the barrel of the gun or the shooter's shoulders? If it's from the barrel of the gun, the men could have been standing up to (measuring shoulder to shoulder) 2 more feet away from eachother.

36 or less is backed by both links.

Tea4Tas
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

I am just wondering how so many people are ignoring the word "within" and pretending those who know what the word means are the ones being stubborn. As you said, it is from WITHIN 36 inches, not FROM 36 inches.

The range being given by most is up to 18 inches ...it's actually up to 36 inches, which would make a much bigger difference. That's it. I didn't say definitively it was 3 feet. 

LOL-you said

The autopsy report just released says 36 inches away ... a potential three feet is a good bit of distance. That doesn't put GZ on the bottom of a fist fight getting his head bashed into the sidewalk. That's also more consistent with his statement Trayvon's last words before he, "fell" were "you got me" ....how does one "fall" if they are both lying down on the ground. That was one question I had and the autopsy proved it. 

If it was 36 inches, then they were standing up. That's a different scenario.

And you said:

ANNNNDDD if it was at 36 inches and then you account for the 1 to 1 1/2 feet for outstretched arms to shoot the firearm that puts him almost 5 feet away. 

Tea4Tas
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

The bolded is my point ... it is 36 inches or less not 18 inches or less. Now...is that measured from the barrel of the gun or the shooter's shoulders? If it's from the barrel of the gun, the men could have been standing up to (measuring shoulder to shoulder) 2 more feet away from eachother.

And both my links say 1-18 inches-not up to 36 inches.  I can find you another dozen if you want...because that intermediate distance is what was in the autopsy report, and THAt  has been defined as 1-18 inches.

Tea4Tas
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

It's from the end of the gun to the victim.  Here are more links to the 18 inches...

1. ... Trayvon Martin ... Trayvon Martin was fired from "intermediate range," which one forensics expert said means anywhere from one to 18 inches away. ... he shot Martin ...
    www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/17/autopsy-reportedly-shows...
    More results from foxnews.com »
  2. ... Autopsy Of Trayvon Martin Reportedly Shows Fatal Bullet Fired From 1 To 18 Inches Away ... anywhere from one to 18 inches ... his claim that he shot Martin in ...
    patdollard.com/2012/05/autopsy-of-trayvon-martin... - Cached
  3. The autopsy showed that Zimmerman shot Martin from a distance of between one inch and 18 inches ... the media, tried to make it look like Trayvon Martin was shot in ...
    www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/05/18/the_trayvon_martin...
  4. Facebook via Justice for Trayvon Martin ... of between one and 18 inches away. Zimmerman, who is charged with murder, has maintained that he shot Martin in self ...
    www.metro.us/...autopsy-trayvon-martin-had-thc...he-was-shot - Cached
  5. SANFORD, Fla. -- Trayvon Martin, the Florida teen shot and killed by neighborhood watchman George ... range" -- described as a distance between one and 18 inches -- and ...
    www.nypost.com/p/news/national/trayvon_martin_had_drugs... - Cached
    More results from nypost.com »
  6. An autopsy report released to the public Wednesday shows Trayvon Martin, the Florida teen who was shot and ... Trayvon Martin Shooting; May 18, 2012; Add a comment
    www.examiner.com/...reveals-trayvon-martin-was-shot...range
    More results from examiner.com »
  7. ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Trayvon Martin was shot through the heart at close range. ... The autopsy says the fatal shot was fired from no more than 18 inches away.
    socialdmv.com/2012/05/18/documents-shed-new-light-on...
  8. Trayvon Martin had Marijuana in System Night of Death ... News, the autopsy report "also shows that Zimmerman shot Martin from a distance of between 1 inch and 18 ...
    www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/trayvon-martin-had...
  9. Autopsy: Trayvon Martin tested positive for marijuana; George Zimmerman shot him in heart at ... The autopsy says the fatal shot was fired from no more than 18 inches ...
    www.cayleedaily.com/2012/05/autopsy-trayvon-martin... - Cached
mommajen32
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Intermediate Range Gunshot

An intermediate range gunshot usually will deposit a significant amount of particulate residue that is not easily seen with the eye but can be detected through a microscopic examination and through chemical testing. The results may read something like:

Exhibit 1 (shirt) was found to have a bullet entrance hole in the chest area.  A deposit of gunshot residues were found around this hole that are consistent with those that would be deposited by an intermediate range gunshot.

An intermediate range gunshot, like that seen in the above image, can range from just beyond the 12-inch range out to 24 to 36 inches. This depends greatly upon the caliber, barrel length and powder type used in the ammunition.

http://www.firearmsid.com/A_distanceResults.htm

mommajen32
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

I am just wondering how so many people are ignoring the word "within" and pretending those who know what the word means are the ones being stubborn. As you said, it is from WITHIN 36 inches, not FROM 36 inches.

The range being given by most is up to 18 inches ...it's actually up to 36 inches, which would make a much bigger difference. That's it. I didn't say definitively it was 3 feet. 

LOL-you said

The autopsy report just released says 36 inches away ... a potential three feet is a good bit of distance. That doesn't put GZ on the bottom of a fist fight getting his head bashed into the sidewalk. That's also more consistent with his statement Trayvon's last words before he, "fell" were "you got me" ....how does one "fall" if they are both lying down on the ground. That was one question I had and the autopsy proved it. 

If it was 36 inches, then they were standing up. That's a different scenario.

And you said:

ANNNNDDD if it was at 36 inches and then you account for the 1 to 1 1/2 feet for outstretched arms to shoot the firearm that puts him almost 5 feet away. 

Keywords: IF and Potential. 

Fail. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN