Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Trayvon Martin Had Drugs in System, Autopsy Found

Posted by   + Show Post

Trayvon Martin, the 17-year-old who was shot and killed by a neighborhood watch volunteer, had the drug THC in his system the night of this death, according to new information obtained by ABC News.

The revelation came as prosecutors in the case prepared to release to the public hundreds of pages of new evidence along with videos and crime scene photos.

Martin's death sparked public outrage after police released Martin's shooter, George Zimmerman, without any criminal charges for the killing.

Zimmerman, 28, is a multi-racial Hispanic man who shot the black high school junior at close range on Feb. 26, and claimed self-defense, though Martin was unarmed. Zimmerman was later charged with second-degree murder, and the killing provoked widespread debate about racial profiling.

Trayvon Martin Case: Zimmerman Medical Report Watch Video
Obama: 'If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Trayvon' Watch Video
George Zimmerman Targeted on Twitter Watch Video

The autopsy report shows traces of the drug THC, which is found in marijuana, in Martin's blood and urine.

The autopsy also shows that Zimmerman shot Martin from a distance of between 1 inch and 18 inches away, bolstering Zimmerman's claim that he shot Martin during a struggle that landed Zimmerman on his back, Martin straddling him and banging Zimmerman's head on the ground.

Martin's autopsy report also revealed that there was a quarter-inch by half-inch abrasion on the left fourth finger of Martin, another indication of a possible struggle. The teen, who lived in Miami, was in Sanford while serving a suspension for a bag of marijuana being discovered in his possession.

Later today, a trove of documents that are part of the discovery in Zimmerman's trial are expected to be released on a website run by the state's attorney, including 67 CDs worth of documents, video of Martin on the night of the shooting, his autopsy report and videos of Zimmerman's questioning by police.

Breaking news just posted this on FB from ABC so I brought it here. Not sure if its been posted already! Thoughts?

by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Replies (461-470):
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2012 at 6:35 PM
Only if one ignores that YOU SAID that the "autopsy report just released says 36 inches". Link the autopsy report that says it was 36 inches.

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

I am just wondering how so many people are ignoring the word "within" and pretending those who know what the word means are the ones being stubborn. As you said, it is from WITHIN 36 inches, not FROM 36 inches.

The range being given by most is up to 18 inches ...it's actually up to 36 inches, which would make a much bigger difference. That's it. I didn't say definitively it was 3 feet. 

LOL-you said

The autopsy report just released says 36 inches away ... a potential three feet is a good bit of distance. That doesn't put GZ on the bottom of a fist fight getting his head bashed into the sidewalk. That's also more consistent with his statement Trayvon's last words before he, "fell" were "you got me" ....how does one "fall" if they are both lying down on the ground. That was one question I had and the autopsy proved it. 

If it was 36 inches, then they were standing up. That's a different scenario.

And you said:

ANNNNDDD if it was at 36 inches and then you account for the 1 to 1 1/2 feet for outstretched arms to shoot the firearm that puts him almost 5 feet away. 

Keywords: IF and Potential. 

Fail. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommajen32
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Question (and I really don't know the answer): 

The ME report says that there was a scar on his right hand ... since he died within a minute or seconds of the fight the wound would not have had time to scar. So would it have been defined as an open wound if it was fresh from the fight? 

babygirl4326
by Member on May. 21, 2012 at 6:43 PM

So BECAUSE the autopsy showed drugs in his system, my question remains "DOES IT JUSTIFY THIS KILLING"?! Zimmerman was in the wrong for pursuing him and the boy was JUST WALKING HOME, he WASEN'T doing anything but walking home. Zimmerman is guilty and everything is just a smokescren to get his ass off.

mommajen32
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Only if one ignores that YOU SAID that the "autopsy report just released says 36 inches". Link the autopsy report that says it was 36 inches.

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

I am just wondering how so many people are ignoring the word "within" and pretending those who know what the word means are the ones being stubborn. As you said, it is from WITHIN 36 inches, not FROM 36 inches.

The range being given by most is up to 18 inches ...it's actually up to 36 inches, which would make a much bigger difference. That's it. I didn't say definitively it was 3 feet. 

LOL-you said

The autopsy report just released says 36 inches away ... a potential three feet is a good bit of distance. That doesn't put GZ on the bottom of a fist fight getting his head bashed into the sidewalk. That's also more consistent with his statement Trayvon's last words before he, "fell" were "you got me" ....how does one "fall" if they are both lying down on the ground. That was one question I had and the autopsy proved it. 

And you said:

ANNNNDDD if it was at 36 inches and then you account for the 1 to 1 1/2 feet for outstretched arms to shoot the firearm that puts him almost 5 feet away. 

Fail. 

For FUCKS Sake .... yes, I mistyped the first line in haste but it was followed by IF it was from that far then ....and the POTENTIAL creates a different scene. 

Read. 

The point is that the scenario changes drastically IF it was from 36 inches ...capiche?

Radarma
by "OneDar" on May. 21, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

LOL-you said

And you said:

Fail. 

For FUCKS Sake .... yes, I mistyped the first line in haste but it was followed by IF it was from that far then ....and the POTENTIAL creates a different scene. 

Read. 

The point is that the scenario changes drastically IF it was from 36 inches ...capiche?

Why are you cussing? Why are we all cussing? Monday? What?

Dar was here.

mommajen32
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Radarma:

Why are you cussing? Why are we all cussing? Monday? What?

Dar was here.

Raba-scaba-scaba-razzle-frazzle .....

That's me cussin you in Yosemite Sam language ...lol. 

ETA: do you know the answer to my question about the open wound vs. the scar...it's going to bother me to not have the answer ...

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2012 at 6:52 PM
How odd, you don't appear to be overly damaged by just admitting you made the mistake instead of blaming everybody else for reacting to what YOU SAID. Too bad you did not drop the ego earlier and avoid pages of unnecessary arguing.

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

LOL-you said

And you said:

Fail. 

Read. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommajen32
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

How odd, you don't appear to be overly damaged by just admitting you made the mistake instead of blaming everybody else for reacting to what YOU SAID. Too bad you did not drop the ego earlier and avoid pages of unnecessary arguing.

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

LOL-you said

And you said:

Fail. 

Read. 

FFS ...(how bout an abbreviation Dar?)

The rest of what I said absolutely has the disclaimer with IF and Potential ...did ya read it? Now do you have anything to add about how 3 feet would change the scenario? How far apart in actuality their bodies, shoulder to shoulder, would technically be away from each other? 

The ME report does not define "intermediate" and there's a discrepancy in the newsmedia on the definition, though I don't trust their "experts" they are the same ones that gave us "coon" "goon" "punk" and "cold" ... the media is setting a narrative, one day it will be a certain range and it will change the next. I did find a link from an actual firearms site which is unbiased and has nothing to do with the case - just a straight forward definition. I'm looking into seeing what the NRA has to say and if they have a definition or a forensics site. 

Now the gun I put to your head to argue the last few pages, what range was I at? Close, intermediate or distant?

Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 21, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Quoting mommajen32:

Question (and I really don't know the answer): 

The ME report says that there was a scar on his right hand ... since he died within a minute or seconds of the fight the wound would not have had time to scar. So would it have been defined as an open wound if it was fresh from the fight? 

No, it would not be a scar at that point, if it was a result of the fight.

Did they scrape under his nails?

mommajen32
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting mommajen32:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

I'm still laughing at the one foor extended arm...

So be it ... we don't know how he was holding the gun. I did say 1 1/2 but it could be 2 feet, that doesn't make case that the shot while T was on top of him any better. It increases the range and could most definitely change the scenario if the case is he was shot at the high end not the low end of the spectrum. 

Oh and 36 inches isn't within the 1 - 18 inches you are quoting, which is why I posted my links. 

Um yes, 18 inches is WITHIN 36 inches....that means the shot was fired from 36 inches or less.

Not the 5 feet you invented! There is also (as shown in my links) gunshot residue on Trayvon.

The bolded is my point ... it is 36 inches or less not 18 inches or less. Now...is that measured from the barrel of the gun or the shooter's shoulders? If it's from the barrel of the gun, the men could have been standing up to (measuring shoulder to shoulder) 2 more feet away from eachother.

36 or less is backed by both links.

And both my links say 1-18 inches-not up to 36 inches.  I can find you another dozen if you want...because that intermediate distance is what was in the autopsy report, and THAt  has been defined as 1-18 inches.

I'm looking for unbiased forensic sources at this point to define "intermediate" as I said to LMBK, the "experts" from our newsmedia gave us the "coon" "punks", etc... and the videotapes of no injuries and then the bloody pictures. 

So ...here's a link from a forensic site, I also linked a different one from a gun site in another post. 

In forensics there are four types of gunshot wound: Contact wound - The muzzle of the gun was applied to the skin at the time of shooting, Close Range - The muzzle of the gun was 6-8 inches away from the skin at shooting, Intermediate Range - The gun was 8 inches to 3.5 feet away, and Distant - The gun was over 3.4 feet away at the time of shooting. In the case of a fatal shooting it is often debated whether it was murder or suicide.

http://www.forensic-medecine.info/marks-of-violence.html

I'm looking for more non-biased, non-media reports. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)